5.0 out of 5 stars She's good!
I bought this after seeing Sally on The Voice and have listened to it daily. She has a very haunting voice, which compels me to listen. Some of the songs I liked immediately; others have grown on me. I've never been a particular fan of folk music, but I'm definitely now a fan of Sally Barker.
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great voice,weak material
Sally Barker has a heart wrenchingly beautiful voice, perhaps more suited to jazz than folk music; having said that, the music on this album is a thoughtful mix of folky, jazzy, mildly rocky crossover.Unfortunately,about half of the material is a bit weak and short of strong musical ideas. Exceptions are "Elephants " and "We Built Fires", which on their own are worth the...
Published 22 months ago by Martin Daly

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 12 May 2014
Saw her on the voice and thought she was fab so went out and got her cd can't wait for her to bring another one out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, 12 May 2014
Why has it this lady has a great voice & until The Voice on BBC I was not aware of her ,this album is outstanding from track one
Another Train through to the last track .
Hope its not long to she releases a new album

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, 2 May 2014
I am so very very happy I purchased this cd. If I hadn't seen this superb artist Sally Barker on The Voice tv programme, I probably would never have had the most extreme pleasure of hearing her haunting voice and playing this great cd over and over. I had to stop driving my car whilst playing this cd as track 4 reduced me to tears - it was so emotional. Anyone who has not bought this cd should do so immediately - to me it's the best cd I have ever purchased and I have several hundreds in my collection of vinyl and cd's. Thanks so much Sally Barker, you are a beautiful singer and I am extremely pleased you came back to the business after raising your boys. Also many thanks to Tom Jones for picking her to be on his team. Incidentally, I received the cd very quickly indeed after purchase. Thanks very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars great talent, 1 May 2014
love sally - think something new from her will be awesome but of this compliation ...best track is another train - such a honest uplifting song

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant CD - just what I was expecting, 27 April 2014
Heather Scott - See all my reviews
Was really won over by Sally Barker's voice on the voice. I love the songs she has written herself and her voice on the CD is just as special as it was on the tv programme. I hope she brings out more CDs in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 25 April 2014
Can't stop listening to this, really beautiful voice - Sleepy eyes is just breathtaking. Can't imagine not knowing this album

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Another Train (MP3 Download)
I thought she was great from the outset of the voice. However, she really does have a lovely soulfulness to her own songs aswell

5.0 out of 5 stars Sally Barker, 17 April 2014
Having watched sally on the voice I thought I would google her as I like folk music aswell as rock well I was amazed she didn't get the recornition she derserved well I had to but one of her cds and was very impressed will have to get the others soon

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia at it's best, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Another Train (MP3 Download)
If you long for the quality of Joni Mitchell, Carol King with hints of the master Nick Drake in writing then many of these tracks will fit the bill. Sally's voice is wonderful and evocative. Some artists touch a chord in the soul and she is among the best. Some cracking jazz/folk chords and delicate guitar playing add to the pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oustanding Compilation of Back Catalogue, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Another Train (MP3 Download)
Best SINGER on the Voice .. ready-made tour potential.to go on tour.

Tom Jones is rarely wrong in his choice of words and singers .. his best yet.
A MUST buy for me