5.0 out of 5 stars She's good!
I bought this after seeing Sally on The Voice and have listened to it daily. She has a very haunting voice, which compels me to listen. Some of the songs I liked immediately; others have grown on me. I've never been a particular fan of folk music, but I'm definitely now a fan of Sally Barker.
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great voice,weak material
Sally Barker has a heart wrenchingly beautiful voice, perhaps more suited to jazz than folk music; having said that, the music on this album is a thoughtful mix of folky, jazzy, mildly rocky crossover.Unfortunately,about half of the material is a bit weak and short of strong musical ideas. Exceptions are "Elephants " and "We Built Fires", which on their own are worth the...
Published 17 months ago by Martin Daly

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Great in the car

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 8 July 2014
Poor music CD from this singer,heard her on the voice, thought she sounded much better than on this CD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 17 Jun 2014
Watched her on the Voice absolutely love her style and voice but this Album left me disappointed.not sure I would buy another Album without hearing first

5.0 out of 5 stars classic folk, 23 May 2014
Mr. D. K. Boyne "Delboy" (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Train (MP3 Download)
Exceptional vocals from "The Voice" runner-up can't wait for her to bring out another new album. Highly recommended to all lovers of good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love Sally's voice, 20 May 2014
I watched The Voice right from the start and was rooting for Sally from the moment I heard her sing. I was shouting at the telly for all the judges to turn-around and felt such relief when Tom did. If you have not yet listened to this lady sing - start now. Please please someone help Sally make a new album and also please do a full cover version of the Dear Darlin song; the emotion you put into the words is breath taking. I wish you all the best for the future and hope you finally get the recognition that you deserve. Just don't stop singing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sally Barker, 17 May 2014
How did Sally remain so hidden for so long. I really enjoyed this album - I do hope that she can be convinced to do another and include Dear darling etc from the Voice. I still think she should have won

5.0 out of 5 stars Not disappointed, 12 May 2014
Saw her on the voice and thought she was fab so went out and got her cd can't wait for her to bring another one out

5.0 out of 5 stars Great voice, 12 May 2014
Why has it this lady has a great voice & until The Voice on BBC I was not aware of her ,this album is outstanding from track one
Another Train through to the last track .
Hope its not long to she releases a new album

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, 2 May 2014
I am so very very happy I purchased this cd. If I hadn't seen this superb artist Sally Barker on The Voice tv programme, I probably would never have had the most extreme pleasure of hearing her haunting voice and playing this great cd over and over. I had to stop driving my car whilst playing this cd as track 4 reduced me to tears - it was so emotional. Anyone who has not bought this cd should do so immediately - to me it's the best cd I have ever purchased and I have several hundreds in my collection of vinyl and cd's. Thanks so much Sally Barker, you are a beautiful singer and I am extremely pleased you came back to the business after raising your boys. Also many thanks to Tom Jones for picking her to be on his team. Incidentally, I received the cd very quickly indeed after purchase. Thanks very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars great talent, 1 May 2014
love sally - think something new from her will be awesome but of this compliation ...best track is another train - such a honest uplifting song

Another Train