5.0 out of 5 stars She's good!
I bought this after seeing Sally on The Voice and have listened to it daily. She has a very haunting voice, which compels me to listen. Some of the songs I liked immediately; others have grown on me. I've never been a particular fan of folk music, but I'm definitely now a fan of Sally Barker.
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Great voice,weak material
Published 17 months ago by Martin Daly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars She's good!, 8 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING, 29 Mar 2014
Sally is exceptional. Truly amazing album. Thanks for Voice for bringing her talent to attention. I hope she wins it. I would her never know that talent like this exists – thank to Tom Jones spotting her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Album, 31 Mar 2014
If you don't have Sally's other albums a great way to pick up a flavour of what she is about (intelligent, powerful song writing, passionate vocals and great song selection.) The opening track is a fantastic version of Pete Morton's uplifting and moving song 'Another Train' and then moves on to show case the range of Sally's talent. I can't get through Sleepy Eyes without being reduced to tears but I guess you need to read the story behind the song to fully understand what is going on so buy the CD version. A deeply powerful and moving CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutetly amazing album !!!, 6 Mar 2014
K Fraser (UK) - See all my reviews
Honestly, I have played this at least twice a week since buying it .... it's that good !! I heard Sally sing on The Voice TV show and loved her voice so much. I searched the net to find her CDs (I knew she had made about 5 from reading bits on the net). If you like a good pure voice with amazing real-life lyrics - then buy this CD - you won't regret it!! I have played it to visiting friends and they also thought it was amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful!, 23 Mar 2014
I have not been so moved by someone's voice since Eva Cassidy. Hope she goes onto fame on The Voice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great voice,weak material, 9 Feb 2013
Martin Daly (edinburgh, scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Train (Audio CD)
Sally Barker has a heart wrenchingly beautiful voice, perhaps more suited to jazz than folk music; having said that, the music on this album is a thoughtful mix of folky, jazzy, mildly rocky crossover.Unfortunately,about half of the material is a bit weak and short of strong musical ideas. Exceptions are "Elephants " and "We Built Fires", which on their own are worth the price of the album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a beautiful voice...., 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Another Train (MP3 Download)
I decided to buy this after watching Sally sing 'walk on by' on the voice... it made me feel like I was listening to the 'earth singing' through a lovely gentle soul...

The songs are different and show her versatility...the voice is distinctive...I have it playing in the house and car....... it's a growing classic and will probably become quite a land mark album for her before she records new material....

A beautiful lady

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album!, 18 Jan 2014
K Fraser (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Train (Audio CD)
I recently heard Sally sing her interpretation of Nina Simone's song, Don't Let me be Misunderstood on "The Voice" TV show and was totally amazed. Her voice is just loaded with emotion and she reminded a little on Joni Mitchell but more soulful. I immediately searched on Google to try and find her previous recordings and immediately bought "Favourite Dish" and "Another Train". I liked the material on Favourite dish but felt the production let it down a little. However, I absolutely love Another Train and cannot recommend it enough. Not one track that I didn't like and I would highly recommend if you were impressed with her audition on "The Voice".

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 7 Oct 2009
Hatti (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Another Train (Audio CD)
Great album. I particularly love track 4, "Sleepy Eyes". It's beautiful and emotive all at the same time. If it was released now, it would be a top 10 hit, without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars great memories, 23 April 2008
This review is from: Another Train (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of Sally's since about 1981 when i encountered her playing at Cotes Mill on the edge of Loughborough uk as part of Chris & Sally. Her voice and vocal range were captivating, and listening to them became regular Sunday evening listening. The song of hers that has haunted me ever since is 'Alexis Korner still plays the blues in heaven' and I always regretted that as a student I was too poor, or was it too stingy?, to buy one of her cassettes at the time. I'm over the moon that this album has been released as Sally has given me more hours of live listening pleasure than any other musician. I always felt that she was underrated, having the right voice at the wrong time. There are many artistes more highly rated who aren't a patch on her. Buy it and try it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›