5.0 out of 5 stars A must for tall people with an iMac
Brilliant product that has stopped me from becoming a hunchback! I'm a tall guy who has to bend down to screens at work desks. I have tried propping up my iMac with all types of things but failed to get either the right height or sturdiness. Also nice that they spent some time on making the packaging look and fit nice as most people who have macs care about these things.
Published 24 months ago by CPW

3.0 out of 5 stars Fulfils a purpose but not good value for money
As far as lifting the iMac 27" it's fine but this is much smaller than I imagined. It was easy to put together although I couldn't get the screws on the reverse to tighten - but decided I didn't want them tightened anyway! I would have to unscrew the rear every time I wanted to remove the hard drive. I haven't bothered with the front casing either. Both of these...
Published 9 months ago by Glenda

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for tall people with an iMac, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stand with Hidden Storage for Apple Mac Display (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hight, 2 Mar. 2013
IAIN (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Recommend the product, monitor is now at the right out, really do not know how I managed to used monitor before without getting a bad neck
Construction quality and build is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit but overpriced, 27 Jun. 2014
I honestly don't know what everyone is moaning about. Presented nicely and extremely simple to put together. Yes the screws are small but what do you want ? Huge nuts at the front and back of the unit ?. The screw holes are all very well lined up and it all goes together like a breeze. Very nice unit but not worth the money . Take 20 quid off and you're about there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully engineered, matches my iMac perfectly, 5 Mar. 2013
This is a beautifully made accessory and really looks good with my 27 inch iMac, and my time capsule fits perfectly inside, and being aluminium dissipates the heat really well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design, well made, practical and easy on the eye!, 21 Feb. 2014
I ummed and arred a bit over this purchase, wrestling to justify spending three score and ten on a box. Eventually I bit the bullet and relived to say that I’m absolutely delighted with this product.

The packaging might be considered a little OTT because it arrives oddly enough in a very nice presentation box – useful for storage or due to the high quality and non branding keep it as an impressive gift box.

When it comes to assembly it was so easy (even a girl could do it – hehe!). I remembered other reviewers saying the screws were of low quality but I tightened them just enough to lock the parts together with no issues. Others suggested that the front plate would be better if it was hinged. I have to disagree as the retaining magnets are excellent and the simplicity of the system makes it much easier to access the storage space inside. I use this concealed space to hide a camera card reader and a Samsung Slim DVD drive (another great Amazon buy), both occasional use items I need to keep handy and dust-free. The money saved by not buying an Apple DVD superdrive went towards the cost of the HiRise.

I wanted to aline my new (27”) iMac with an old one of the same size that now sits a couple of inches higher on a shelf adjacent to my desk. Even on the highest height setting I was just 5mm short of the perfect position – I simply fixed this by packing solid board between the HiRise shelf and the base of the iMac. I would guess that you get up to around an extra 10mm height if you need it. I’m going to cut some Foamex to size to add another shelf inside to tidy up the storage – I would say the simplicity of this product allows all kinds of hacks to customise to your needs.

In actual use the higher screen position makes a noticeable improvement and produces a very comfortable viewing angle. The whole set-up feels very stable, even more so than before.

I view the cost over the lifetime of the iMac and on that basis it’s a good buy. Even when I upgrade my Mac in the future I’m sure I’ll find other practical uses for the HiRise – perhaps a handy place to keep my false teeth and pension book in my old age.

5.0 out of 5 stars so I was happy to buy at a reduced price, 26 Dec. 2014
D. Lloyd-Jones "IoMR" (Isle of Man UK) - See all my reviews
Always fancied one of these for a few years but though it was just a wee bit too expensive. However, I noticed that this product was reduced in the Black Friday sale at a more reasonable price, so I was happy to buy at a reduced price. It's a well designed and very sturdy product all in metal so built to last and does the job of making my iMac more comfortable to view. Yes, I high recommend it but not at the full price. I love 12 South products but some are a bit over priced for what they are. David

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish well-made adjustable screen riser, 8 Jan. 2015
I bought this on offer, and while still quite pricey - I really like it. It's made of a very similar material to the mac, is fairly sturdy and raises the screen effectively. I have a 23" screen (not an imac) and I'm 5ft 9, with back problems. I used to put my screen on 2x Argos catalogues. Which looked unsightly. But this does the job instead (on the highest shelf). Plus I can hide things away in the space provided. Well done! Very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good look accessory to my 27" iMac, 5 Dec. 2014
L8again (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good look accessory to my 27" iMac. Brushed aluminium like the rest of the computer body, this does not look out of place and allows me to elevate the position of the screen to suit my 6'2" height. It is pricey for what it is but looks great and well designed. Only grumble (hence the 4*), why the redundant screws if you need access to the storage, you can't use them...

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered., 10 Dec. 2014
Used this to raise the level of a Mac due to neck pains. It is not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye but does indeed help with neck strain. Easy to set up and use and would recommend, especially if you have a long torso or neck as Mac's do not come with height adjustment as standard. Very useful!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Height Now, 5 July 2014
Just love this riser,matches my iMac perfectly .It was very easy to set up. Now I don't lean over anymore,which is good for my neck and back.Riser is very well made and when you get it delivered you will feel the weight ,really solid aluminium .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›