5.0 out of 5 stars A must for tall people with an iMac
Brilliant product that has stopped me from becoming a hunchback! I'm a tall guy who has to bend down to screens at work desks. I have tried propping up my iMac with all types of things but failed to get either the right height or sturdiness. Also nice that they spent some time on making the packaging look and fit nice as most people who have macs care about these things.
Published on 30 Jan. 2013 by CPW

2.0 out of 5 stars Good - But Can Scratch Your Desk
It's a good bit of kit however I've noticed that if you turn it round with the weight of the monitor on top it can scratch your desk. If you're moving it to plug cables in at the back or to make adjustments, try to lift the whole unit rather than just turning it otherwise you'll end up with deep scratches if you're using a wooden desk.
I've emailed the manufacturer...
Published 1 month ago by Nick Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for tall people with an iMac, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stand with Hidden Storage for Apple Mac Display (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hight, 2 Mar. 2013
IAIN (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Recommend the product, monitor is now at the right out, really do not know how I managed to used monitor before without getting a bad neck
Construction quality and build is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit but overpriced, 27 Jun. 2014
I honestly don't know what everyone is moaning about. Presented nicely and extremely simple to put together. Yes the screws are small but what do you want ? Huge nuts at the front and back of the unit ?. The screw holes are all very well lined up and it all goes together like a breeze. Very nice unit but not worth the money . Take 20 quid off and you're about there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design, well made, practical and easy on the eye!, 21 Feb. 2014
I ummed and arred a bit over this purchase, wrestling to justify spending three score and ten on a box. Eventually I bit the bullet and relived to say that I’m absolutely delighted with this product.

The packaging might be considered a little OTT because it arrives oddly enough in a very nice presentation box – useful for storage or due to the high quality and non branding keep it as an impressive gift box.

When it comes to assembly it was so easy (even a girl could do it – hehe!). I remembered other reviewers saying the screws were of low quality but I tightened them just enough to lock the parts together with no issues. Others suggested that the front plate would be better if it was hinged. I have to disagree as the retaining magnets are excellent and the simplicity of the system makes it much easier to access the storage space inside. I use this concealed space to hide a camera card reader and a Samsung Slim DVD drive (another great Amazon buy), both occasional use items I need to keep handy and dust-free. The money saved by not buying an Apple DVD superdrive went towards the cost of the HiRise.

I wanted to aline my new (27”) iMac with an old one of the same size that now sits a couple of inches higher on a shelf adjacent to my desk. Even on the highest height setting I was just 5mm short of the perfect position – I simply fixed this by packing solid board between the HiRise shelf and the base of the iMac. I would guess that you get up to around an extra 10mm height if you need it. I’m going to cut some Foamex to size to add another shelf inside to tidy up the storage – I would say the simplicity of this product allows all kinds of hacks to customise to your needs.

In actual use the higher screen position makes a noticeable improvement and produces a very comfortable viewing angle. The whole set-up feels very stable, even more so than before.

I view the cost over the lifetime of the iMac and on that basis it’s a good buy. Even when I upgrade my Mac in the future I’m sure I’ll find other practical uses for the HiRise – perhaps a handy place to keep my false teeth and pension book in my old age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully engineered, matches my iMac perfectly, 5 Mar. 2013
This is a beautifully made accessory and really looks good with my 27 inch iMac, and my time capsule fits perfectly inside, and being aluminium dissipates the heat really well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice addition, but not perfect, 30 Jan. 2014
Rob UK "Robin" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I ordered one of these to support a new 27" iMac which by itself was too low down on my desk.

The whole thing arrived beautifully packaged, in much the same manner as Apple package their own products. The HiRise is in two halves which slide together and are then held together with a perforated back plate. This is where I encountered my first problem - the four screw holes on the back plate do not line up exactly with the corresponding holes on the chassis. Being all aluminium, there is no 'give' and as a result I have had to leave one screw out. The screws themselves are tiny and have to be screwed in using a quite flimsy little allen key (supplied) but given that you really only need to do this once it's not too much of a problem.

My only other gripe is that the cover plate that goes on the front to hide whatever objects you decide to place within the stand, is not hinged but instead is held on by four magnets. Some sort of hinge system would have been nice but I dare say would have added to the cost or obstructed the opening. That said, you don't have to use the inside of the stand to store stuff and the front cover can be screwed in place if that's your preference. Regards storing stuff inside the chassis it's big enough to take an iPad 2 although you'd have to leave the front cover off.

The iMac itself stands on an aluminium shelf that you slide into the chassis at one of six different heights, and using the topmost setting it raised my iMac up by about 5cm, just about enough to be at a comfortable viewing height.

Overall I'm pleased with the purchase, it's a nicely constructed bit of kit (aside from the poor alignment of the screw holes), although perhaps a tad expensive for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars well made and constructed and easy to put together and install the Mac, 29 Mar. 2015
I am a PC and Mac user and a recent convert to a 27 inch iMac to which I also attach my Macbook. The height of the screen was driving me mad and so I had the Mac precariously balanced on a few books to try to get it to the right level. The lack of a height adjust on the iMac is woeful really and it was making me use my PC (with height adjustable Dell 27 inch attached) when I needed to be on the Mac for work stuff (too much converting files!). It's surprising how much a basic aesthetic can impact wanting to sit in front of kit.

Saw this box reviewed and thought it worth a try.

Not cheap but well presented, quality packing materials, well made and constructed and easy to put together and install the Mac. I was a little sceptical that it would hold it securely without wobbling about but it is very sturdy. Has cleared up my desk nicely and now the Mac is at just the right height for a long session in front of code.

I might wince at the price a little but that beats wincing at the pain in my neck. Recommended if you have a Mac and spend a lot of time in front of it and don't enjoy cursing a pile of books all day. Quality stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product..., 9 Nov. 2013
Dr. Jonathan Sargent (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This is brilliant. Not cheap and I prevaricated for a few weeks but took the plunge. Worth every penny. Really well made and crafted. I figured that had spent £1000 on the machine - it deserves a decent place to sit!
Unit assembles easily and look great - the aluminium is a perfect match. Most importantly it does what it says - lifts my iMac up by about 5 cm or so (adjustable) I am currently on second highest...
The space underneath looks useful as well for pens and stuff that always litterers up your desk. If I find I don't use it, I will fit the small supplied screws to secure it. If like me you are prevaricating - don't!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking stand, 25 Jun. 2013
This stand looks great and is made of high quality aluminium. It's a little fiddly to assemble with small screws. I would suggest trying out raising/lowering your iMac with books to ensure that the height adjustment available with the stand will work for you ergonomically. The 'concealed shelf space' is a nice idea but not really practical in my view, you get a very limited amount of space and while the front magnetically attached plate fits really well I find that when my keyboard is in its normal position there is a limited amount of room to take the plate off and then get access to the shelf.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good - But Can Scratch Your Desk, 18 May 2015
I've emailed the manufacturer with photos and they've passed it to their designer to review but so far no further contact.
I'll update this review when the manufacturer replies.
To be fair though it is an excellent riser and looks good too!