5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hight
Recommend the product, monitor is now at the right out, really do not know how I managed to used monitor before without getting a bad neck
Construction quality and build is excellent.
Published 19 months ago by IAIN

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but to high price.
This stand is ok and look really nice when you put iMac on this, one minus is price, to high they should be drop little. Your chose
Published 2 months ago by McPikul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Hight, 2 Mar 2013
IAIN (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stand with Hidden Storage for Apple Mac Display (Personal Computers)
Construction quality and build is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully engineered, matches my iMac perfectly, 5 Mar 2013
This is a beautifully made accessory and really looks good with my 27 inch iMac, and my time capsule fits perfectly inside, and being aluminium dissipates the heat really well!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for tall people with an iMac, 30 Jan 2013
Brilliant product that has stopped me from becoming a hunchback! I'm a tall guy who has to bend down to screens at work desks. I have tried propping up my iMac with all types of things but failed to get either the right height or sturdiness. Also nice that they spent some time on making the packaging look and fit nice as most people who have macs care about these things.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice unit but overpriced, 27 Jun 2014
I honestly don't know what everyone is moaning about. Presented nicely and extremely simple to put together. Yes the screws are small but what do you want ? Huge nuts at the front and back of the unit ?. The screw holes are all very well lined up and it all goes together like a breeze. Very nice unit but not worth the money . Take 20 quid off and you're about there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple design, well made, practical and easy on the eye!, 21 Feb 2014
I ummed and arred a bit over this purchase, wrestling to justify spending three score and ten on a box. Eventually I bit the bullet and relived to say that I’m absolutely delighted with this product.

The packaging might be considered a little OTT because it arrives oddly enough in a very nice presentation box – useful for storage or due to the high quality and non branding keep it as an impressive gift box.

When it comes to assembly it was so easy (even a girl could do it – hehe!). I remembered other reviewers saying the screws were of low quality but I tightened them just enough to lock the parts together with no issues. Others suggested that the front plate would be better if it was hinged. I have to disagree as the retaining magnets are excellent and the simplicity of the system makes it much easier to access the storage space inside. I use this concealed space to hide a camera card reader and a Samsung Slim DVD drive (another great Amazon buy), both occasional use items I need to keep handy and dust-free. The money saved by not buying an Apple DVD superdrive went towards the cost of the HiRise.

I wanted to aline my new (27”) iMac with an old one of the same size that now sits a couple of inches higher on a shelf adjacent to my desk. Even on the highest height setting I was just 5mm short of the perfect position – I simply fixed this by packing solid board between the HiRise shelf and the base of the iMac. I would guess that you get up to around an extra 10mm height if you need it. I’m going to cut some Foamex to size to add another shelf inside to tidy up the storage – I would say the simplicity of this product allows all kinds of hacks to customise to your needs.

In actual use the higher screen position makes a noticeable improvement and produces a very comfortable viewing angle. The whole set-up feels very stable, even more so than before.

I view the cost over the lifetime of the iMac and on that basis it’s a good buy. Even when I upgrade my Mac in the future I’m sure I’ll find other practical uses for the HiRise – perhaps a handy place to keep my false teeth and pension book in my old age.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but to high price., 15 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Height Now, 5 July 2014
Just love this riser,matches my iMac perfectly .It was very easy to set up. Now I don't lean over anymore,which is good for my neck and back.Riser is very well made and when you get it delivered you will feel the weight ,really solid aluminium .

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 2 July 2014
J. Beveridge (UK) - See all my reviews
Thought about this for a long time du to the cost. However, I have not regretted it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal stand!, 23 May 2014
Full marks for a quality piece of kit that does exactly what it says on the tin. My iMac is now raised as I wanted it and the storage capacity of the unit helps keep my desk tidy. Very happy with this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fulfils a purpose but not good value for money, 9 April 2014
As far as lifting the iMac 27" it's fine but this is much smaller than I imagined. It was easy to put together although I couldn't get the screws on the reverse to tighten - but decided I didn't want them tightened anyway! I would have to unscrew the rear every time I wanted to remove the hard drive. I haven't bothered with the front casing either. Both of these have been stored away.

My real gripe is that it doesn't take much kit. I can just about get my clone hard drive in and nothing more. I had rather thought I could hide a few things away.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›