Samsung 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Grade 1 70MB/s MicroSDHC Pro Memory Card without Adapter
Size: 32GBPackage Type: Traditional PackagingChange
Price:£31.92+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 1 December 2013
Packaging and the card itself looked fine and the card shows up as ~62GB in Windows so no initial reasons to be suspicious. However the card kept coming up with errors in a GoPro, initially I thought it must have been the GoPro (who are renowned for their buggy software) and tried formatting, updating, resetting but videos still did not record.

Then decided to try copying some pictures onto the card (after a reformat) and after the first few hundred copied fine, the remainder all came up as unreadable. Sequential read and write speeds were also nowhere near advertised and to top it off the writing on the back of the card were starting to rub off already and it says "Made in Taiwan" rather than "Made in Korea" like my other 3 Samsung micro SD cards.

Finally to top it off, I re-checked the description on Amazon from the Orange Emporium: "New, unopened and untested. Any faulty items can be easily returned to AMAZON for a FULL REFUND or REPLACEMENT. Sent by Amazon for greater piece of mind." Hmm... sounds extremely dodgy and I'm kicking myself for having not noticed this in the first place and wasted so much time. Got a refund in the end but already bought a Sandisk alternative so can't comment on a genuine version of this card (which I'm sure is excellent given my previous experience with Samsung memory and SSDs).

THE ORANGE EMPORIUM should be banned asap and I'm pushing for Amazon to do this, it's unacceptable that this is a "Fulfilled by Amazon" item. Looking at other reviews it seems other customers have also been fooled by this seller.
on 4 December 2013
As others have found the card bought from Amazon in the recent daily deals is either faulty or fake. Maximum write speed achieved was 4MB/s. Card returned.
on 11 December 2013
I also ordered the card directly from Amazon ("sold by Amazon") and received a fake one.
All the text on the front of the card is white and the package differs from the one on Samsung website ([...] The funny (or sad, depends how you look at it) thing is that I bought it via a direct link from samsung.com website. On the link above, if you go to WHERE TO BUY --> Find online retailers , one of the links points to the fake card on Amazon.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I recently got a GoPro Hero 3 with a Kingston 32GB "class 10" micro SD card. When recording on e.g. 1080p @ 60fps the GoPro would stop recording after about 50 seconds, but I could record indefinitely at lower resolutions... after much research it turns out that with the higher frame rates/fps you need better than just a "class 10" micro SD card.

The Samsung 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 card arrived today: Put in the GoPro, formatted it (in the GoPro) and immediately I was able to record for many minutes with 1080p @ 60fps. I definitely recommend this card if you are having problems with your GoPro, or just need very fast micro SD storage.

WARNING: If this is the first SDXC card you have had then beware, as it may not work in your SDHC memory card reader. I found that I could review recordings on the GoPro (using the LCD backpack), but if I plugged the SDXC microSD card into any of my 3 card readers (Windows 7), the card would appear as drive F:, but when I clicked on it Windows said that it was not formatted! Turns out that I need a card reader that supports SDXC, so that's more £ hey ho!

Also FYI: "An essential difference between SDHC (such as 32GB cards) and SDXC (typical for 64GB and up) is the file system format: SDHC uses a variant of FAT32, and SDXC uses exFAT.".
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I bought this when it was on a deal for £35 via the Amazon Black Friday deals.
I contemplated the Samsung one over the Sandisk one as they were only £5 apart when the Samsung one was on deal.

As soon as I got the Samsung one in - first thing I did was transfer files across to it. I have about 10GB worth of 4MB files (music) and this surprisingly took over 1 full hour to do.
So straight away I was dubious.

I then went ahead to check the content I had copied across and what do I find within my SD card?
Corrupted files, lost files and tons of DIR errors.

I then proceeded to insert it into my Samsung Galaxy S 3 - and there were even more problems there.
I did read/write tests and most of them failed. Some that passed gave me horrible 5mb read/write speeds.
I then plugged the EXTSD to a USB3.0 Adapter I had from USpeed and formatted the SD card.
Once doing that, I then re-ran tests. Again poor, really poor results.
I then finally, in a last ditched effort did some benchmarks via the PC, whilst it was connected to the adapter - and the results were shocking. It also failed certain tests.

I'm really and utterly pissed off. I bought this off AamzonUK for a reason - not a 3rd party seller. Because I was hoping to get a proper working card at a good price.
Turns out this card is either broken or fake.
Either way, I won't be buying this Samsung card on Amazon ever again, nor recommending it, nor wanting a replacement.
I've already, within the space of 4hrs of receiving the card, sent it into AmazonUK via Collect+ for a full refund.

I'm not sure who should be ashamed here, Amazon for selling such a horrible product or Samsung for being as useless as their kernels for their phones.

STAY WELL AWAY from this horrible product.
Take that from an experience Android user, a top 500 reviewer and a YouTuber who reviews a lot of technology.
-TotallydubbedHD
review image
on 14 December 2013
Very disappointed with this purchase, realized something was wrong with the card but not what!! After reading some of the comments about this product and checking it, I knew I'd also got a dodgy card! Would expect much better from a company like Amazon, like someone else has already said, "SHAME ON YOU AMAZON".
on 11 October 2013
All mass produced items cannot be checked individually. Every so often a bad one slips through and I got one. Transfer rate of 3mb per second. Card was full after 6Gb.
They are obviously not all defect - It's the luck of the draw I guess.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 7 December 2013
Indeed a FAKE also got on Black Friday the speeds are well under what it should be, the writing on the card is all white not grey says made in Taiwan on the back of the card, keeps corrupting when I try and copy files to it space is 62.4gb, not best pleased asked for it to go back but in my rush to open it I no longer have the packaging :(

Not best pleased.
on 17 December 2013
I am astounded that a company with the stature of Amazon could be duped into accepting and supplying fake goods. I always try to buy directly from Amazon rather than a re-seller for peace of mind. That’s why I spent 3 days trying everything I could to make this card work. I tried various card readers and reformatted the card using various file systems to rule out compatibility problems. I also tried various PCs and tablets, but the card would only ever accept about 4GB of data. I transferred about 10 films but only two would play. The card indicated the other films were there but they were not. It also indicated there was 64GB of data but there plainly wasn’t. The writing on the card has smudged and physically the card appears to be inferior quality compared to my other Samsung MicroSD. Transfer speeds (when it it did actually read/write data) were also painfully slow. I just couldn't believe Amazon could supply a fake product. Even after downloading an Android App that confirmed the card was fake. Then I checked the reviews on Amazon which was the final nail in this piece of S**t’s coffin. Card is now being returned (minus packaging which to be honest appeared genuine which is why we threw it away). Now where do I go for SD cards??
on 7 November 2013
Got this from amazon for more than I could have specifically to avoid getting a fake to use with the new Microsoft Surface Pro 2.
I have tried writing a few large files to it. The average write speed was 4.3mb/s with a peak of 7.9mb/s.

Which is disappointing, but not as disappointing as the fact that most of the majority of the files were then either corrupt or unreadable.

Credit to amazon for instant refund, but I am still without a suitable micro SD card. Will give it another go and hope to get a genuine article this time around.

Edit: Ordered another from amazon as well, and it is exactly as it should be, fast and reliable. I guess even amazon is not safe from all teh counterfeits out there.