4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to help with healthy eating
Published 15 months ago by Prettypollyperkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Possibly 4 stars but early days
This is really not a scary product if used as directed! Have been taking it for 4 days, and feel a little different - less bloated and digestively happier- no issues with gas! The powder is very easy to take, mixed with water and drunk immediately it is not at all viscous - more like grainy sandy water.

Am perfectly happy with this so far.
Will update in...
Published 24 months ago by Faye

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to help with healthy eating, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Patrick Holford CarboSlow - Konjac Fibre - Glucomannan - 200g Powder (Personal Care)
I was happy to pay about £11 for this item inc. p&p - I've noticed the price on Amazon fluctuates wildly and I wouldn't pay more. I need to lose about 6 lbs I've put on over Christmas and having found it difficult to get back into healthy eating, which is unusual for me, I decided I needed a little help. I only use this twice a day and I find it helps keep me full between meals. I've already lost 3lbs in the few days I've been using it so I'm optimistic my waistband will fit perfectly in a few more days or so. I find the best way to think of this is not as a meal replacement but in addition to eating smaller, nutritious meals. It has no nutritional value so don't use this to replace meals - your health will suffer. You'll need to add a scoop to a large glass of water before or with meals, stirring well before each gulp works best to ensure it all goes down well to then expand in your stomach. If you find a lot still in the bottom of the glass, add more water and give it a good stir before downing it. I find the taste quite benign - it's not unpleasant at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Patrick Holford Carbo Slow, 18 July 2013
I found this easier to mix using warm water and the orange aroma is pleasant. It is easy to drink having no unpleasant taste. Whilst I have only used this for a few days I have already found that I am less hungry after a meal so I am not inclined to snack between meals. No digestive problems have been experienced.

3.0 out of 5 stars Possibly 4 stars but early days, 30 April 2013

Am perfectly happy with this so far.
Will update in a while.

3.0 out of 5 stars I have given this product 3 Stars-it might be better than my rating as we all can respond differently ..., 20 Jan. 2015
I have given this product 3 Stars-it might be better than my rating as we all can respond differently to the same products

I started using it about four weeks ago and so my trial period is far from complete for a proper assessment. I think it has some beneficial outcomes in respect to slowing down sugar/ starch absorption but it is too soon to really know. I also note it is easy to use if you follow the instructions properly. In theory it ought to work -lets wait and see.

Alex M

4.0 out of 5 stars It is OK, 18 Feb. 2014
In 4 weeks I lose 3 kg. I have also weight loss diet (Brigitte de-diat), but Im not hungry .

4.0 out of 5 stars CarboSlow, 20 Nov. 2013
Product arrived promptly. Very well packaged. This powder is a coarser grind than some others and mixes much better than cheaper versions on the market. Therefore it is probably worth the extra expense of this item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 28 April 2013
I was scared using it and eventually abandoned. You can choke on it if it swells in your throat. I also had enormous amounts of gas and wind that was really embarrassing. I am going to try the capsules so there is no risk of choking.

4.0 out of 5 stars I find it works for reducing blood sugar., 27 April 2014
Difficult to drink before it starts to gel.
I recommend this product for Diabetics, ( in my case diabetes 2 )
Betty C.