5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing!
Published 11 months ago by Melanie

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too lazy for its own good
Now I'm not against taking a genius composer and reinventing him, one way or another. Lambarena and Jacques Loussier did it successfully with Bach.
Published 2 months ago by Pompompom

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing!, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons (Audio CD)
WOW! I love it! I heard this played on the radio and went looking for it. Just as great the second time I listened. Don't expect the same as the original at all - it's definitely re-composed. He has made some astonishing and brave changes- but they work. I found it very exciting to listen to a piece I am so familiar with but with some amazing 'twists' in melody ad rhythm. If you are open to the change, then this is a great experience. I thoroughly enjoy it! Great quality recording too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh Vivaldi!, 2 Jun 2013
Love this - it is perfect as background to the housework! Would make very good soundtrack for a film I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs a good sound system, 27 Dec 2013
Rikki Pearshouse (Wales) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a present for my son and very much enjoyed it much more than I had expected. It certainly needs good speakers as there are some beautiful sound qualities which poor quality speakers simply can't do credit to. I thought it was useful to be familiar with the original arrangement so could recognise the way Max Richter had moved. I loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars This took great courage to compose., 10 Oct 2013
It takes some getting used to but as a musician myself I appreciate the enormous skill of Max Richter.The recording is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 26 Sep 2013
Max Richter's Vivaldi (recomposed). Very good indeed. One of the best purchases I have made for a while. I have album up to date from Max Richter and this one is different but just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 29 July 2013
The most beautiful music I have ever heard. If Carlsberg did music then this would be it. I don't even like Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit too lazy for its own good, 26 April 2014
Pompompom (London, England) - See all my reviews
But this attempt is just too lazy and, frankly, not very inventive. The best part is actually Vivaldi's music, behind which Richter sparingly adds one pop-like chord progression that he reuses throughout the album. What can be pleasant and harmless at first listen quickly becomes immensely boring. It's just too lazy to be really enjoyable. Worst of all, it's presented like it's genius. Anybody with a basic home studio can produce their own version of this album.
In a nutshell, I'm not disappointed because Vivaldi was disrespected, I am because he wasn't disrespected enough. Richter tackled a monument and was simply crushed underneath.
Two stars might be a bit harsh as, as mentioned before, it's perfectly harmless and not unpleasant to listen to, more like Muzak. But considering the number of great reviews and kudos, allow me to do a bit of a reality check...
The original intention is great but the whole attempt lacks balls.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Rocks - and not in a Nigel Kennedy sort of way., 29 July 2013
This kicks ass. It is beefy, thudding, and tempered with a feminine grace.

Do not let the telephone waiting machines EVER get rights on this version!

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece, 17 Jun 2014
If you like the combination of classic and electronic music, this album is a MUST HAVE. I totally recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 2 Jun 2014
Atmospheric, evocative and stunningly beautiful. I can't stop playing it. As a fan of Vivaldi I had not expected to marvel at this updating. Just try it.