on 8 June 2013
The best monitor I have used, if you have been using smaller monitors you will appreciate this 27inch monitor more than others.

For this price range it is impossible to find anything like this.

The build quality is incredible, no problems so far and I have been using it for few months. It comes with 3 year warranty from Dell (not 1 year) and Dell have solid customer service.

I have used it for watching movies, gaming, office work and the only thing I would say is a little problem is the glare from windows, but if you shut your curtains it isn't that much of a problem. The glass finish on this screen makes it look stunning so you have an amazing monitor with a little glare.

The pros of this monitor far outweighs the cons in my opinion, definitely worth buying. I am thinking of buying another one for dual display.
on 12 May 2013
This is a really fantastic Dell monitor.

The colours are brilliant but rendered very accurately and the sharpness and crispness of images could not be bettered.

The installation instruction being on the software disc is a bit laughable because you can't actually see them if you haven't installed the monitor can you?!

Mind you, its not rocket science. I'm an eighty year old and not that computer literate and I could do it so I reckon anybody can.

As for the monitor performance, personally, I can't see how it could be bettered and it's certainly the best of the few I've had in the past.

One thing though. It took me a few minutes to find the swich to turn it on. Its a presure switch pretty much hidden on the frame bottom right along with the adjustment menu switches. Not that I think you will need them. I'm using it 'straight from the box'.

Lastly, at the offer price Amazon have it available for, I'm amazed this item to date hasn't received any reviews.

The whole thing has been a really pleasurable experience. Amazon are a terrific company to deal with and I try to buy as many of my needs as possible from them.

John
on 2 December 2013
I am very pleased with the monitor. The colours are bright and the picture is very sharp. The appearance of the monitor is good and it feels like a quality product. I have never had any issues with Dell products and this is another good product. Good value for money as well.
on 7 October 2013
Decided to buy these screens after much research on the net, and not disappointed in them one bit.

They are large and bright, and equally at home playing games or using word. They wake up quick from standby too.

The build quality is sturdy and they're easy to clean. I did get a bit of condensation inside one of them when I first took it out of the packaging, but that soon dissipated leaving no trace.

Recommended.
on 1 October 2013
Great piece of kit, clarity is superb, I work with Photoshop and this screen is very good with the presentation of photos, first screen had a fault, when delivered but company were great and sent a replacement within 24 hours.
Very satisfied with this screen, it is up to professional standard screen from what I have experienced over last 4 weeks.
on 8 February 2014
A brilliant monitor and I am very pleased with it. It looks exceptionally well & is very easy to install. Just 1 point - give it time to settle in before you start to make any adjustments. I heartily recommend it. It's the best I've had yet & I've had a number of monitors over the years. It plays HD brilliantly.
on 23 December 2013
Bought this to replace my existing 5 year old 24inch (1920x1200) monitor. The first monitor that Amazon sent had a stuck lit blue pixel which was very annoying. Amazon quickly replaced it.
The monitor comes with a basic stand which allows tilting but doesn't rotate or allow for height adjustment. Putting this monitor side by side with my old monitor, i can see a huge difference in color and brightness with the image quality on the new monitor far more pleasing. My old monitor still looks slightly sharper but I wanted a monitor where the text is easier to read and this one is just so much easier on the eyes. The monitor has a number of presets modes, some of which use dynamic brightness. I leave mine in text mode. My old monitor used to have a bright blue led that used to flash and was very distracting. The dell monitor has single power light on the bottom right hand side of the screen, this is white while the monitor is on and amber when its off.
In terms of power consumption, my old monitor used to consume about 100W, this one hovers around the 20W mark in text mode.

There are two complaints i will make about the monitor.
1. the usb ports are underneath the monitor so to get to them, I have to tilt the monitor up. They would have been better on the left or right side of the monitor.
2. The backlight is brighter in the bottom left hand corner. I have had two of these monitors and both had the same backlight issue. Its not really a problem but its there...
on 13 September 2013
great monitor. loving it.

slight reflection problem but i can live with it. enjoying it, specially being 27 inches, nice multitasking with multiple desktop pages.
on 16 January 2014
It's just a beast of monitor. Taller in ratio to wideness than most monitors or TVs on the market, which was what I wanted, very satisfactory overall.
on 31 December 2013
I use for general use (not gaming etc) and its perfect. So far, so good. Crisp sharp image, lightweight and easy to move