5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product
Awesome product combination, fast delivery and fast processing time. The product work great with mac os x and the files and folder locations are flawless.... But a tip for first time users the keyboard shortcuts are those of the mac system, keep ctrl c until I ap c ..... Dumbest move eva
Published 9 months ago by Sam C

3.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 for desk top PC
My desktop computer running Windows XP is only three years old but was becoming very sluggish due to having the entire contents of three previous computers on it's hard drive. The only viable solution was to back up (copy) everything and reformat the hard drive with a new operating system.
This is not an exercise for the faint hearted!
Once up and running...
Published 17 months ago by Rural Relic

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Windows 8 32 bit OEM, WN7-00367, English Version (DVD-ROM)

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who wish to be at the forefront of new OS, 6 Sep 2013
Purchased an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8 but for whatever reason it wouldn't work. Bought this software on the offchance that it might work and it did. I'm now reaping the benefits of the all singing and dancing new OS Windows 8. Very similar in funtionality to Windows 7 but wearing a much nicer outfit would be my best description.

3.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8 for desk top PC, 30 Mar 2013
This is not an exercise for the faint hearted!
Once up and running Windows 8 is fine, but greatly improved by downloading "Start 8" an inexpensive little programme which puts back the start button and therefore makes the whole thing into a familiar and easy to use operating system.
There are issues if you are running older peripherals (printers, Skype phones etc), not everything is supported by Windows 8.
However, with a lot of online research, this can generally be overcome.
I think Windows 8 is really designed for touch screens, but runs very satisfactorily with the addition of "Start 8".
Finally I have achieved my goal, my computer now starts up and runs speedily again. All previous essential documents are now running on the new system, but I did lose all my emails.
Perhaps that wasn't a bad thing after all, as emails do seem to accumalate in vast quantities.

5.0 out of 5 stars the future, 20 Feb 2014
using this just now. kids love it and really easy to use.

quick and easy instructions.

happy with this item

4.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8, 25 Jan 2013
It is a good fast clean operating system which loads much faster than Windows Seven. It takes a bit of getting to use, but the system is intuitive, and is easy to master.

1.0 out of 5 stars Windows 8, 9 Feb 2013
Had to return this item as its not compatible with the particular Dell I have, very disappointed. Mirosoft need to sort this out as there lots of people having this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 with a fancy front end, but very nice!!, 7 April 2013
Having been a windows man since 3.1 I was excited to see Microsoft releasing a new version, though I have to say I think it's a bit to soon after Win 7, people have only just got around to dealing with windows 7 but having said that Windows 8 is very good.

If you have ever owned the current crop of windows phones then this operating system will be very familiar, with the pc version underneath all the fancy graphics and moving tiles is basically and unpacked version of Windows 7 and what I mean by that is every part of Win7 now seems to have it's own shelf in Win8 so do speak, everything has it's own tile for which you can add to the new start screen like programs you have installed etc which is much easier than trying to navigate the very dated start menu seen on all Microsoft operating systems, it's also nice to see that they have kept the desktop mode but it no longer takes center stage and not it can be selected via a tile on the start screen, I think Microsoft have made Windows 8 a lot more user friendly now than in previous versions because the system is pretty much controlled from the new start screen, of course if your like me and want more advanced settings then these are all here from previous versions of windows like control panel, my computer etc etc and of course if you wish you can add things like my computer, control panel as tiles on the start screen for quick access.

Windows 8 is the start of a new windows era, I'm very interested to see where this is going to, I love the fact that all my old programs, sound and graphics cards that I used with XP and Win7 still install fine on Windows 8 because some of my programs like Macromedia Fireworks 8, office 2003, Nero 7, Adobe Audition 1.5 are very old by today's standards because they were really meant for XP and the same goes for my very old but high end Creative sound card with it's windows 2000 drivers only lol but they still install fine on Win8 with out any issues, what I will say is that Windows 8 requires a newish pc or laptop to run it, anything before 2003 might not work because Windows 8 requires a Processor with 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 and older pcs or laptops before 2003 are going to struggle as Windows 8 checks for it on installation and you wont be able to install it with out those specs "PAE, NX, and SSE2", so my advice is to check your processor specs first to avoid disappointment which to be honest you should do anyway before buying any new operating system, it annoys me when people buy Windows for their pc's and expect it to work with out reading the required specs then have the ghoul to slam Microsoft because they didn't do their homework first,
I'm certainly glad I rebuilt by PC last year to an AMD Quad core build because there is no way Win8 would of installed on my old Athlon XP processor, I did how ever install win8 on my current but old Asus eee pc 901 with the Atom processor and I'm pleasantly surprised at how quick it copes with Win8.

Ok that's the nerdy side of me done lol, all that's left for me to say is if you have Window 7 then to be honest there really isn't that much of a difference between this and 8 like I said it's Win 7 with extra's....but they are useful extra's and that win8 is a lot more user friendly which is ideal for the non computer minded, if you are an XP user and want to upgrade then Win8 is the way to go or if your like me "a windows fan" then Win8 has to be used lol "it's the latest and Win7 looks like Win95 it's yesterday's news!"

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't.... stay away..., 21 Jan 2014
SNS - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The only good thing about Windows 8 is that is loads extremely fast and responds fast, otherwise this is honestly the worst designed user interface I have ever encountered in my life!

I have years of experience with PCs and Windows and work on a IT Support desk, yet after getting a new Alienware x51 PC with Windows 8 I was completely stumped!

None of the following is explained after you get started with Windows 8...

- I couldn't work out how to shut down the PC.
- It took a good few minutes to find control panel and link to the taskbar.
- It takes ages to find ANY piece of software you have installed.
- You have to click START+C to bring up the side panel which is just ridiculous (using the mouse is counter-intuitive).
- No start button on the screen for Windows 8 (yes now fixed in Windows 8.1).
- As above, the tiled start menu is very difficult to find any application because is set out in an unnatural way compared to a simple list as before.

Now.. they have fixed a lot of this stuff in Windows 8.1! IF YOU CAN INSTALL IT or FIND THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Not all computer manufacturers are supporting 8.1 and may find the machine you buy does not allow you to download it because they have not patched the machine to be 100% compatible.

But even if it is available, it may not install because it warns "You must be an administrator" despite using an Administrator account.

I am currently in this position and again I had to Google how you activate the hidden Administrator account because it is not obvious at all in Windows 8.
I had to open the Command prompt and enter code to make it visible (not something a casual user would know or understand).

But despite making the Administrator Account active, logging into it and trying again... it then states that the Built-in Administrator Account is not allowed to open the STORE where the download is!
How are you meant to upgrade your machine to 8.1 if it tells you to be the Administrator but doesn't let the Administrator open the store?

The bottom line is that this OS is a complete joke and an attempt to make everything "tablet like".
I worry about any casual users who try to use this and have issues, because as an IT expert even I want to scream.

1.0 out of 5 stars windows 8 disk, 3 April 2014
Product was not any use, had large scratch on disk . I was under the impression this item was new but obviously not! !, I have received a full refund but not happy as this was just time wasting.

1.0 out of 5 stars wait till the full version come out these discs are useless, 28 May 2013
when I tried to install the activation key did not work so I phoned Microsoft support and they said it was the wrong key,so I phoned amazon customer services and the lady sent me another copy out for next day before 1.00pm you can see what happened if you look for my rating on the replacement.which bye the worked activated but but stopped when updating upgrades and crashed my computer and ruined my hardrive I had to replace it with a new one costing 54.99 so I am not happy at all I put windows 7 on instead and no more trouble now

Microsoft Windows 8 32 bit OEM, WN7-00367, English Version