5.0 out of 5 stars Wii U the best version for me
I have this game both on Xbox and Wii U, only play it on Wii U since I got it.
Unique Wii U features,
- Off TV play: You can play the entire game including online on gamepad. If you share a tv, click a couple of buttons and you can keep on playing.
- Two player no splitscreen: One player on Gamepad the other on TV, works perfect, even online.
- Map:...
Published 19 months ago by tloc365

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, run and gun
Standard fare first-person shooter with nothing special to differentiate itself from others of the genre. Makes very limited use of the Gamepad's second screen, and not really enough to justify the functions. Fun enough, but not really worth purchasing if you already own others of the series.
Published 21 months ago by John Redican

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii U the best version for me, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
I have this game both on Xbox and Wii U, only play it on Wii U since I got it.
Unique Wii U features,
- Map: Online you can have a larger map on the gamepad and other options.
- Control options: You can use the gamepad, pro controller or even Wiimote and nunchuck.

Online there is currently 100k on the leadersboards, you get games on popular modes like TDM instantly.
If you are into the more 'harcore' modes then it is harder to find games, and also no DLC was released on the Wii U so if those are important to you then maybe you would prefer the other versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
I haven't spoken to the wife for 2 weeks. Excellent value for money.......I wonder where all her stuff has gone?

5.0 out of 5 stars Call of Duty, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Great game and I really enjoyed this on the Wii U.Excellent graphics and brighter colours.It looks beautiful.Needs more online people.

5.0 out of 5 stars best yet, 12 Aug 2013
nice control style - best looking COD yet, with full use of the HD

shame more people have not got it... needs more online players

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 26 Mar 2013
M. Gilbert "Gadgets, gadgets, gadgets" (Twickenham, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Great game and good use of the Wii U pad. This kept me entertained for a good week.

The Wii U needs more quality titles like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 20 Jun 2014
mutchy126 (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Had this game on the PS3 before I sold it and bought a PS4. This was one of the games that I missed the most.
The graphics look much better on this than the PS3 did. I swear this version is HD.
I was worried that it would be hard to find online matches, I was wrong. Lobbies online full of players (who are actually pretty good) and more people playing zombies on this than I could find on my PS3.
Happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars No surprises here, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Good for a quick casual gaming session - good honest fun. The Wii U handles this game easily, and the pro controller makes it very playable. What I do like is that I can play on the gamepad if other people want to use the television.

4.0 out of 5 stars Split screen cheating no more!, 9 April 2014
Paul G "Paul" (Liverpool, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
If like me, you love playing with friends, this is great.

One player can use the Wii U game pad, and one can use a controller, no more looking at eachothers screens!

Game itself it OK, same as all other COD's really, everyone knows what to expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Conversion, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
Amazing cant say other that. Basically PS3 version on Wii U. With the extra control method which is awesome idea. And i ordered Ghosts.

Finally a conversion that speaks volumes. Well done.

If i have to find fault its getting used the gamepad. so i think i might invest in a controller.

Other than that 100% recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not perfect...., 3 Dec 2012
okeyblokey (Bolton, Lancashire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) (Video Game)
I am a mature gamer, and have owned / still own just about every platform since time began. I'm loving the Wii U for what new functionality it brings to the party but I wanted to mention Black Ops2 and how it fares on Nintendo's flagship hardware, specifically compared to Xbox and it's Live! platform.

The truth is, I'm a seasoned player who runs and guns, with no regard for KD or personal stats; I play the objective in a very gung-ho fashion. And that, in itself is the biggest flaw with this game if you want to play online. Last night, at 9pm CET, I booted this game for the first time and went straight into multiplayer. There were only players in the lobby for team deathmatch, free for all & domination. As I like to play objectives, I went for domination. There were a total of - drum roll please - 657 people playing online in this variant. In total, there were just under 2000 people playing online!!

This gives you some difficulties. First up, I would have played bootcamp to rank up to level 10 to start building classes before jumping straight in. No chance. Couldn't get a lobby going and waited around 10 minutes to try it! So, I went domination and did manage to get a game on Express, where everyone was quickscoping down the track and not trying to cap flags. Oh dear.

The game moves fine with good frame rates and no clipping etc. and should hold up well longer term. The gamepad works okay and seemed to have no bearing on game speed etc. with the display turned on. Next purchase will be the Pro controller, though, to make it a bit more familiar for me.

I will, personally, keep on with Xbox Live! until more people have got the game and get going with it. I suspect this dynamic will take some time as this game isn't tailored to a core Nintendo demographic audience. I was going to rate the game with three stars, but that would be unfair as the lack of gamers isn't the games fault. If you are getting the console, I would get this - providing you are over 18, obviously....

Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Nintendo Wii U) by Activision (Nintendo Wii U)