5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !
I order lots of stuff on Amazon and had never left a review so far. That's telling you how much I am happy with this product!

Published 13 months ago by Shaktilight

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described
I can't believe more people are not giving this product a bad review. It is not as described. It states that when time had expired in the timer that you can set up, it will automatically switch to keep warm mode. It does not do this, it switches completely off! I think it's ridiculous that they can say it has this function when it does not
Published 12 months ago by Sophie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: VonShef Automatic Electric Slow Cooker 6.5L Litres Stainless Steel - Removable Oval Oven to Table Dish with Toughened Glass Lid

I spent a fair amount of time browsing the internet before bying the Shef. Loads of people were complaining that even the biggest brands out there were actually not doing the job because the food was brought to the boil and/or burning even on the lowest setting.

I can guarantee you that this one does not. I have cooked beautiful meals that always came out perfectly, the latest one being a melt- in-the-mouth, perfectly cooked leg of lamb . No knife needed to carve it, only a spoon.Very simple recipe :lots of garlic and rosemary, salt pepper and that's it. NO LIQUID at all, on low for about 8 hours et voila! After the diner my friends asked for the link to order one for themselves.

As for the size, i was a bit concerned it would be too big for us ( a couple) but I actually am glad I did get the 6.5l so I can cook larger pieces like a whole chicken or (the famous leg of lamb ;) with no problem and we have leftovers for the next day. And it works just as well for smaller portions. And if you like entertaining, it is a must of course.
The only thing is there is now timer but it coooks so slow that I am not worried to leave it and go out, it never burns.

If you look for a great slow cooker, do not look further, this is it.

EDIT : what happened with the price ? I got if at 18£, my friend at 28£ and now it's 99£ !! Still worth it though, even if I'm glad I got it earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Nov 2012
Brilliant value for money. Large size great for families., looks stylish and looks good left out on display. Very very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars slow cooker, 26 Feb 2013
This was just what I wanted alas I did not realise I had ordered a 6.5 litre capacity it would feed the 2 of us for a week so I swapped it with my son now he only has to cook twice a week

5.0 out of 5 stars Shef - Electric Slow Cooker 6.5L Litres Stainless Steel Oval Pot, 28 Dec 2012
I have no problems so far with this cooker. I have used it 3 times so far and it is practical for a large family and easy to use for someone who doesn't like cooking.like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shef electric slow cooker, 30 Nov 2012
This item was delivered in quick time and is very easy to use. Have made some lovely meals in it. I am very pleased with the quality and performance. Would reccomend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow Cooker, 27 Aug 2013
Amazon Customer (King's Lynn, Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This slow cooker is a class act. At a price £££s below others it does what it is meant too. An example is cooking a whole chicken and having it perfectly cooked and with the meat moist and tender works for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 12 July 2013
I bought this because my other slow cooker was too small. The first thing I tried was a carrot cake and it turned out really well with no problems. It will also be useful when making post Christmas turkey stews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shef slow cooker, 28 Jan 2013
I do like this pot,I leave it ready on my worktop, its great for making soups,chilli,s stroganoff.just put every thing in the pot and switch on, job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really, really big!, 17 Oct 2013
I feed 6-8 people pretty much every night, and last week we had 12 people to dinner - we still got seconds out of this. So far I've used it for roasting a whole joint of pork (perfect), a huge chicken and olive stew (perfect) and a red thai curry (this is on the go now, so can't comment!). I have been very pleasantly surprised at the results, the flavour you get is very different from using other cooking methods as it seems to preserve individual flavours very well, this was really noticeable with the olives in the chicken dish, and the fennel seeds with the pork, so I reckon that even old favourites take on a new twist which helps to ring the changes.

I have given this full marks as it does what it says it does, produces good even results, is economic and it looks extremely good for what is actually an incredibly cheap bit of kitchen equipment, what's not to like. (Oh yes, as a previous reviewer said, it does get hot - but then it is a bloody oven, so don't let the kids near it!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased!, 21 May 2013
Bought this to replace my old slow cooker which stopped working after many years of use. I looked at a lot of reviews before choosing this one and am very pleased with my purchase. The low setting is 'low', my old cooker tended to run quite hot. The auto setting is used to keep the food warm once it has been cooked. Large pot gives plenty of room for batch cooking or for the larger family.

**Update** The lid broke in the dishwasher and when my husband contacted the company to get a replacement, he was told that they don't do spares 😠 So we bought a new slow cooker, but a different brand. We are still using the original base but with the new lid. I'm still pleased with it just not very impressed with the after sales service.