4.0 out of 5 stars Aurora GU10 LED Lights
Published 21 months ago by DanG

3.0 out of 5 stars Aurora 6w GU10 3000k
Initially I wrote a good review of these bulbs, but these have only been in three months and one has failed- not good!
Published 19 months ago by Roland Fawcett

4.0 out of 5 stars Aurora GU10 LED Lights, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Aurora 6W GU10 LED Light Bulbs Warm White - Perfect Size Retrofit
I've tried loads of GU10 LED bulbs and these are undoubtedly the best I have used. Having said that I haven't tried the very expensive Philips bulbs (which claim to be a perfect colour match for halogens) as they'll never pay for themselves no matter how good they are. Colour is one of the biggest problems for this kind of light and these produce a white which is just about acceptable. Filament bulbs are usually around 2700K and these are 3000K, so not perfect, but OK, this is miles better than any previous LED bulb I've tried, but they're noticeably cooler in colour (bluer) than halogens. Whatever anyone tells you, these bulbs are not as bright as a normal 50W, but they're not a million miles out. I would guess more like the equivalent of a 40W. However, again, just about acceptable. The biggest issue is the beam spread, these lights just don't spread the beam as wide as a halogen. In a lot of circumstances this doesn't matter, but in some locations in can leave areas at the periphery rather dark. In the end, for a kitchen application I had to mix halogens with the Auroras and whilst this isn't perfect, it is a lot better than anything else I've tried. These are the shape of things to come, in another generation or two, they should be spot on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb colour temperature, 19 Nov 2012
I spent a while researching a range of GU10 fit LED lights and haven't been very impressed with the light output from others I have tried. These lights on the other hand are superb both for light output and colour temperature. I have been asking friends of mine if they have noticed any difference in the lighting in my kitchen (where I placed the first couple that I ordered) and no-one has noticed a difference from the conventional GU10s I had there. Just ordered some more for the bedroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb brightness, size and colour temperature, 10 Dec 2012
I bought this product with some scepticism! This is now the fourth bulb I have tried to buy as I experiment with replacing our halogen GU10s as they wear out in an effort to reduce the formidable electric bill over the winter. The first bulb was too white and the beam too narrow; second bulb too white and too large (it did not fit in the flush fittings, a surprisingly common problem!); the third bulb too white, too bright and the because the bulb was made up of about 15 leds the light looked weird and lacked focus. This bulb however is absolutely 95% perfect. If you look very closely the bulb is not quite the full warm yellow light of the halogen but you only notice if you really look for it and compare with another bulb, I absolutely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora NEW 6W GU10 LED, 25 Oct 2012
I bought one of these to try and I'm very pleased, fits just as a normal GU10 (same size) and the light output really is equal to a 50w halogen the colour is a very small amount whiter, but unless you had both a halogen and this LED fitted in the same room I doubt you would tell.

Overall I think this is a true 50w LED replacement at a great price (£9.99 inc Del) which as long as it last will pay for itself over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are these the best LEDs by far, 7 Dec 2012
I recently changed all thirty 50w Halogen GU10s in our kitchen to LEDs which, given the fact that the wife and children are incapable of switching lights off when not required, I am now saving something like £500 per annum in electricity cost alone. However, the downside was that in order to get a similar amount of light as the original halogens, I had to fit 6 watt LEDs which have a slightly longer body than the 50 watt halogen which meant that they protruded a little from the fitting. So what - the saving was worth it and hey, who spends their life looking at the ceiling anyway (prostitutes apart)? Imagine my delight therefore, when I subsequently discovered this latest lamp from Lights4u - the Aurora retro fit, warm white 3000k 50w equivalent 6 watt LED. Not only do these fit perfectly into the GU10 socket just like the original 50w halogens, but the light they give out is almost indistinguishable from the halogens and they 'fire up' instantly with no flicker or delay. Anyone out there want any 6 watt LEDS with the longer body - I've got thirty up for grabs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good after sales service, 8 Dec 2013
I recently wrote a review on my purchase, in April of this year, of 8 Aurora 240v GU10 6w non dimmable LED lamps and the fact that two of them had failed in the last two days. Somewhat surprisingly, this original review has disappeared off the site. However, I managed to contact the supplier "lights4u" easily enough and received an answer within a couple of hours confirming that they would honour their 2 year guarantee on the product. They were as good as their word and I received, free of charge, 2 replacement bulbs within a couple of days.

This appears to be new(ish) technology and will obviously be prone to the odd failure as confirmed by the various reviews. This obviously can be somewhat irritating, but I have to say that I am more than impressed by the after sales service by Lights4u with their instant replies to emails and their no quibble replacement service.

I give the product 4 stars purely on the failure rate but give lights4u 5 stars for customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars a kindly light, 16 Aug 2013
No trouble to fit, gives an excellent light.and is so much cheaper to run. Fitted the limited space we had perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit aurora LED bulbs, 6 Dec 2012
I'm really pleased with these bulbs. They are much brighter than the 35w halogen bulbs they replaced, and are a like for like size.

Initially I was concerned as the description on Amazon says '50w' equivalent, yet the packaging they arrive in states 'equivalent to 35w'.

As they are brighter than the bulbs they're replacing this turned out not to be a problem, but I cannot say if they are a true 50w equiv. because we've never used 50w halogens.

Looking forward to saving some pennies. And when the bulbs in our conservatory fail, will definitely be replacing them with these [all being well!].

Update, August 2013: We have just had 2 of the bulbs fail, well within the 2 year guarantee period, so while I was initially very pleased with them I'm now not so happy, especially as they cost just under £10 each. Excellent customer service from Amazon means that I can obtain a refund, but I'm not sure I'll be re-ordering this particular bulb. We're now keeping a close eye on the 2 bulbs that are left!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Replacements, 15 Nov 2012
Mr. Michael J. Butler (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these to replace 8 conventional bulbs in our kitchen. They are excellent and just as bright as the originals if not more so. They are also compact and no larger than the originals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aurora 6W GU10, 15 Nov 2012
Very impressed with these lamps....They are a perfect size equivalent and fitted our fire rated downlighters where other makes didn't. they are as bright or a mite brighter than halogen GU10's and the colour temperature is fine for warm white...what more can I say! the only possible criticism is that the visible rim of the lamp is black which shows if you have white downlighters.. but a small price to pay!