5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published 9 months ago by littletexas

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY would you buy this?
First, it's dvd, I have no problem with that per se but almost every title is available already on blu-ray and at a cheap price. I have no problem with that either except;
Anyone who purchases movies, already owns 75% plus of the movies offered.
Published on 12 Nov. 2012 by Sharguild

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 May 2014
This review is from: 100 Years of Universal - Limited Edition 100 Movie Collection Box Set [DVD] [1930] (DVD)
This set is absolutely wonderful! I am a MASSIVE movie buff/collector and this set has everything I want and more! I was blown away when this came in the mail at how big and beautiful this set is and I couldn't be more pleased. The only issue is that I wasn't buying this because it was "cheaper" than an American version, I was buying it because you guys in the UK know how to make a gorgeous box set and keep the consumers happy. Not to mention the US doesn't even have a 100 disk edition which I found to be disheartening. With that being said, making the DVD's Region specific is upsetting because so many of the other UK box sets I own (again for quality) are region free. All in all I am very satisfied with this purchase and happy with how quickly it shipped as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars As a lot of these are older films I am very pleased with this boxset - for the price I paid, 20 Jan. 2015
I watch a lot of films and have a lot of dvd's, but actually have very few of these. As a lot of these are older films I am very pleased with this boxset - for the price I paid!

The way it is packaged surprised me, but it is good, it has been done like a very large book, with the dvd's inserted on one side. 4 on each page. It is all card. There are loads of photos on the opposite pages. This might be a bit fiddly for some, and I am a bit concerned about Schindlers List, which is on both sides of the disc, but will not be checking just yet, as SL is a marathon watch for a very specific mood!

I have counted over 70 that I have never owned, and really if you have any less I would think that this boxset is probably not worth buying, but it certainly is for me. Takes up a lot less room than 100 dvd's in boxes too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collectors must buy, 5 Mar. 2014
This is perfect for movie collectors with many classic movies from Universal.
A lovely item for display in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Nov. 2014
Great box set. some of my favourite films .well worth the money .

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY would you buy this?, 12 Nov. 2012
Anyone who purchases movies, already owns 75% plus of the movies offered.
Yes there are a couple of films we have yet to see stand alone such as Mama Mia but now that they have been cut to dvd how long before we see them stand alone?
This is an absolutely FANTASTIC set for someone who just bought their first dvd player and wants a lot of films contained in one box.
If this is not you, why would you buy this?
As an aside, Universal also released a special collection of 25 Blu-Rays in a set but again, probably 90% chance that anyone who buys Blu-Ray already owns them. All hit titles, no obscure films available only through purchasing the set.
I like collections quite much, own a few but this is blatant exploitation.