5.0 out of 5 stars Great example of thoughtful case design.
I've used all sorts of PC cases over the years from cheap 10 generics to expensive all aluminium towers, but I've never had a Corsair case before. I am impressed. Here's a few observations from using the case.

The Good:

Published 5 months ago by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars can be noisy
with such an open case very little of the fan's sound gets dampened some it can be a bit noisy at times. This case was also very tight on one side making the cables linking to my GPU touch the side making a quiet rattling sound i had to wedge a piece of paper in the side to make enough of a gap. This is probably down to how i build my computer but a little more room on...
Published 4 months ago by thomas william rees woolley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great example of thoughtful case design., 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Corsair Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Computer Case - Black (Personal Computers)

The Good:

- Excellent cable management options. There's a loads of room and ample tie points to route cables out of harms way for a truly professional look.
- Partly because of the above, superb airflow through the case. According to motherboard temperature measurements, case temperatures actually rise slightly if I take the sides off. Never seen that before!
- Neat motherboard stand-off design.
- Loads of fan mounting options. Will easily take large water cooling radiators too.
- Motherboard tray has cut out for easily installing CPU coolers.
- Room for all but the most huge graphics cards and CPU coolers.
- Understated but stylish looks.
- All hard drives, optical drives etc. just clip in. No tools required.
- Fit and finish on the whole is good. No sharp edges, and the inside as well as the outside is painted matt black.

The Less Good:

- Front USB ports will only work with USB 3.0 headers - take note if your motherboard only has USB 2.0
- With all the ventilation, it's likely to be a dust magnet. Will probably need regular clean outs.
- I thought it best not to put it directly on carpet (I stood it on a bit of wood) as the underside of the case is where the PSU air intake is. It is filtered but I don't want it sucking carpet fluff into the PSU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Case!, 2 July 2013
Case came in one day with amazon super saver delivery and worked perfectly right out of the box. Came with all the necicarry components to build a system in a small cardboard box inserted in the 3.5 inch bays. This Case also has motherboard stand offs built in which saves alot of time and effort switching round and installing standoffs if you swap round motherboards alot. All drive bays are tool-less and are easy to use, 4 3.5 inch HDD bays, 4 2.5 inch SSD bays and 3 Optical Drive bays at the top of the case. The case comes with two of corsairs new and improved 120mm fans which house the sam anti-static technology as corsairs premium fan range. Also the fans come with rubber washers for noise and vibration reduction. Overall a great case for building any system weather it be a gaming, workstation, graphic design pc etc.. would recomend this case to any type of builder, first time buyer or enthusiast, great case and can't go wrong for the price or service from Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars H100 Fits - Kind of, 19 Dec 2013
There is enough clearance at the top of the case to fit either the Corsair H100 or H100i but only if you use slim profile fans or mount the fans onto the radiator externally. Some specific motherboards and low-profile RAM *may* just squeeze in anyway, however I found even a heatsink on the motherboard was in the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this case!!, 24 Aug 2013
I upgraded from a standard case and all I can say is wow, definitely going to be going Corsair everytime I need a new case! Mostly everything is tool free and easily to install, the instruction booklet is excellent if you're new to PC building (I'm not, but just saying if you are its very easy thanks to it) and they provide you with an absolute ton of screws for anything you could possibly need to install. CD Drive, hard drive all slot in with pull back pins which allows easy installation. The airflow is good, with air being pushed from the front out the back with two fans. I have a Corsair H60 Water Cooler setup which was also a breeze to attach.

The case itself is extremely spacious, with the PSU being bottom mounted it means that you'll never find that when you are building it you need to remove this part to install this and so forth, you could build the PC whichever way you wanted to in whatever order you wanted. Cases I've built in the past have had to be built in a specific order otherwise you'll find you have to go back a few steps.

I chose to install the PSU fan downwards so that it comes out underneath the case. There is a dust filter there and from what I hear your PSU is very unlikely to overheat as it is.

Special mention to the cable system- it's extremely good and allows you to keep most cables completely out of sight.

All in all, well worth it for whatever build you want. Absolute ton of room, allows large graphics cards and is a pleasure/breeze to build a PC in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, naughty grommits!, 2 May 2014
Mr Yeltsin (CHESTER, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this as an "over-pressure" experiment for my workshop PC, which had managed to fill itself with dust "felt" in a reasonably short period of time. The case is very nicely presented from the box, and has a good quality feel, despite the mid-range price point. There is plenty of ventilation and space for (IIRC) three more 120mm fans in addition to the two already installed. One is in the roof and the other in the front inside the removable front cover. As I was going for over-pressure, I was a little disappointed by the lack of dust-proof mesh covering the punch-out holes for the fans, but it's not impossible to remedy with some aftermarket magnetic meshes, which I've done. Each fan is supported away from the case by black rubbery grommits that shred quite easily if you remove and reinstall any screws, or add more fans. There are some spares in the screw-bag, but a full-fan setup would need more fo shizzle. Where does one get them from???

The four 2.5" bays are just slide-in click-fit slots in a plastic housing that doesn't feel particularly sexy, but does the job. The four 3.5" slots have a rocker-locker pin that pings out of the cradle if you're not careful. Take note of how they're positioned from the next one down if this happens to you.

It's quite negative so far, but I still like the case. I was recycling some gen3 Intel and ASUS gear with a new Corsair 650w modular PSU due to some power issues I'd been having with my 450w PSU in the old case, and was pleased to see how case design has come along. All the cables could be threaded through behind the mobo to hide them away, and in back were a bunch of stamped-in tie-downs for the innevitable zip-ties you'll need to keep it under control. The cut-outs are designed with an ATX board in mind, but worked ok with my MiniATX board, showing just a little more cable than it otherwise would. I'll make sure to get an ATX board when I start feeling my PC is slow, but that's not happening right now, so I'll save my money.

There are two more 120mm fan mounts provided in the case's left door (the one you'll open to get at the contents), with some grommits there in case you need them. You'd have to do some fancy footwork to undo the fan power cables to avoid damaging the pins each time you pull the door off, so I plan on leaving them as output vents. The rearmost top fan point is baulked by my water cooling radiator, which is blasting out of the rear 120mm fan mount, but you can probably shoe-horn another in if you're using fans if you feel the need. I've put another mesh panel over the vent though, as I'm not keen on it filling with dust and rubbish due to gravity.

Sure, it could be better - what couldn't? For the price though, you get a well engineered and good looking case with understated design cues on the front, which suits me, as no matter how powerful or otherwise, I don't want some kind of garish temple of light under my desk. Who looks at their own PC after the first week other than to find the on switch or eject a DVD anyway? Speaking of which, you might want to mount your optical drive in the lower bay, to avoid switching your PC off instead of ejecting a disk. Yes... yes I did :(

5.0 out of 5 stars The Noobs, 26 Oct 2013
In relation to the Carbide 200R, I want to say as few things as possible to avoid boring the people who might benefit from this reveiw. This was my first time build for a family member and I wanted to do it as cheap as possible, I know this case isn't exactly cheap but its a value product, its like the difference between buying a knock off tablet or a Nexus, you get quality for an ideal price range.
The 200R, considerations:
* The case itself is beautiful (in my opinion and the amazon photos do it justice);
* Its not a flimsy case like some tech websites describe it to be, its not Armour plated either but its comparable to the stock case you get in a 300$ to 600$ computer;
* The case is completely black, has two USB 3.0 ports and is not all metal, the HDD platters are plastic and the front of the case is also. It really doesn't matter though about the plastic as its a hard type of plastic that I'm sure will last and isn't likely to break;
* It supports ATX and mATX boards (took me quite a bit of time to figure out the mATX part as I needed a mATX case);
* The case comes with extra screws inside but nothing else;
* Its got 2.5" and 3.5" bays which means you can use a old laptop HDD or a 3.5" disk, its up to you.

It has good cable management for a entry level case and I think it really makes it easy for anyone to install and mount all the components they need.
Trust me a good case really does help with everything, its the decisive point on how your build will go.

I suggest getting some more fans for the case they are so cheap and it helps with airflow, plus some led ones wouldn't hurt as the case has no lighting itself.
Overall if you have researched quite a bit and are indecisive on whether or not you should get it, I say go for it, you really can't loose (in my opinion) and if you are a noob at this and want a good looking functional case this is it definitely.

Overall: a great case that supports mATX and ATX boards, its really up gradable and supports large graphics cards and even some water cooling systems.

4.0 out of 5 stars compact case, 9 Feb 2013
Check the sizes of this case before you purchase 16.9 x 8.3 x 19.6 inches, or 430mm x 210mm x 497mm (HxWxL) these are the correct sizes.
The case is very good for the money mainly because of the features it has for example a hole behind the cpu for fitting a different cooler, 4 slots to put additional ssd's (solid state drive's) in, My ssd fitted very tightly so i did not have to screw it in. Plenty of holes to rought your cables for a nice and tidy setup, The side panels were of much better quality than my previous case, Also everything is the same colour inside and out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great budget case!, 11 May 2014
Kurt Jackson (Birmingham, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
Used this as my first little gaming rig I got going on. Everything about it is great. Perfect ventilation, many fan slots so air flow can be nice and components can be kept cool very well. Hard drive cages work great for both HDD's and SSD's. I would've thought I'd had to spend about 30 more for a case like this.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a case for a budget gaming rig, or setting up their first one [like me] :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!, 10 May 2014
A. Jefferies "Andy J" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
Really slick looking case. Plenty of vents, looks good in all black too. Easy to fit all your components in, however if you've got short cables for harddrives etc it might be a bit of a stretch!

Great case for the money.

ONLY downside that i've noticed is that the power on/reset switch on the front is more of a soft-key rocker rather than a definitive button. It still does the job, but I'd have preferred something more tactile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great !, 28 Mar 2014
Great little buy this, very accessible and great ergonomic positioning for a nice tidy build. Would recommend this to anyone especially for the price.