5.0 out of 5 stars Vey nice
I use this with a MacBook Pro Retina on the Thunderbolt port. I keep raw photo files for Aperture on it and it is ideal for me. Seems rugged and requires no external power supply.
Published 20 months ago by D. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems
Published 29 days ago by Susman

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems, 28 Jun. 2015
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
Based on the specifications, and the reviews of this storage device on Amazon, I bought two to solve my storage needs (at different times). Plus I also liked and it's perceived `ruggedness' of said product. The first device died after having it for the less than 24hours! It appears the controller card failed. The second drive lasted 6 months, it never failed but the heat issues were such that you could burn yourself, and hence I returned it. These devices were never abused and were used with care. I may have been unlucky, but it has stopped me buying another. Credit to Amazon for very good customer service with the issues I had. Do not take my word for it but search the Web and see other reviews and blogs, as I am not the only person to have real problems with these devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vey nice, 7 Nov. 2013
D. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Stands out and works perfectly !, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
I find this a great purchase so much so that I have bought another one. The lightning connection is key as I find now that even USB 3 is too slow especially when dealing with Photoshop use of images stored on the drive. I essentially use it as the secondary scratch drive and it is easily fast enough for that job compared to the internal SSD on my MacBook retina.
I also really really like the bumper protection. It just works and I feel confident when l transporting my precious files with this drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 9 Jan. 2014
A. R. Allan - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
I've had a iMac enabled thunderbolt computer for over two years and I was very keen to get a Thunderbolt hard disk but was put off by the price of them. Thankfully the price is coming down and I hope that further reductions will be forthcoming. I've just received this disk and setting it up was no problem. The Thunderbolt cable is short but for my purposes that is not a problem. I intend to transfer all my images from CD/DVD onto this drive before CD/DVDs become obsolete.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it should, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
it does what it should.! havent bought the mac lead for it yet as suggested , so haven't put it to a massive amount of use as yet - but the small amount of work so far has been fine . No problems and it arrived before time . registering it was a bit of a pain but I don't believe that is the fault of the seller .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drive so far, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
Great drive so far - very high speed and almost completely silent! Only wish it had 2 thunderbolt ports so I could daisy chain it, but there don't seem to be many on the market at the moment without a big price hike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, 28 May 2015
C. Lynch "Dirtynap" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
This is not the cheapest option but it is very fast, very well made and it will survive some bad treatment like drops to the floor of desks and being slammed around in airports

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 15 Jan. 2014
The Slemster (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
Very good usb portable hard disc drive. Fast, reliable and well protected too. Good Product and competitively priced as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drive, 1 Feb. 2013
Ben Robinson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
I've used Lacie drives for several years now, and have always found them to be completely reliable. This one is the same again--and a great price for 1TB of portable storage. The combined Thunderbolt / USB 3.0 interface (and bus powered) make it the perfect companion with a new iMac. My only "minor gripe" is that it's not backwards compatible with an older Macbook Pro, which lacks the Thunderbolt / USB 3.0 connectivity.

5.0 out of 5 stars He is very happy with it, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External (Personal Computers)
I bought this for my son for his media course. He is very happy with it. Does what it says on the tin.

Lacie 9000294 Rugged 1000 GB External