on 23 September 2013
First up, the camera fits perfectly in the case. I had some problems when I used a GoPro where the camera would rattle inside the case, despite it being a genuine GoPro chest mount and waterproof casing. However, suffers with the same issue as any other waterproof case, it fogs up. Sony have created special anti-fog patches, but at around £20 a pack, that is quite pricey. You can't fit much in the case, but if you can get a hold of small silica packs or strips/oxygen absorbers like you get in beef jerky packets they will fit and double as a decent alternative. Silica gel packs from shoe boxes for example, won't fit.

The other issue I have is that you cannot adjust the pitch of the camera and the single strap limits you to positioning on the head before it starts slipping off. However, the strap can be swapped out so I brought a GoPro head cam mount which has a strap over the top too and is much better, especially as I use it for Parkour.
on 16 August 2013
Wearing this directly on your head means you are acutely aware of the weight of the housing and tightness of the band. But it is well built and, apart from the lack of up/down tilt, it does the job well. You can easily unclip from the headband and attach to something else such as a buoyancy aid strap or waist belt. The clip on mechanism is cleverly designed to be a simple and quick on/off, and very solid when clipped on.
Would I recommend it? Yes, but to get the most out of it be prepared to experiment a bit by clipping onto other things.
on 3 December 2013
I like it buuutt it's clunky when wearing a halfshell I feel like a bit of a goon but it does exactly what I was expecting!

I just wish Sony would see how much people need a big variety of mounts... considering a GoPro based on this, however I'll see how the chest mount looks when it is FINALLY released and then see what happens from there (hopefully I'll look like a transformer but not too much of a freak)
on 12 June 2014
I had read that the Sony products were of similar quality to GoPro, but slightly less expensive, so I decided to risk it and finally purchase a sports camcorder. As a skier, the headband was a 'must', and it did the job, though I agree with the other reviews that suggest that it would be better if the strap was rubberised.

My main issue is that the plastic attachment, which locks on to the strap, decided to fail when I was wearing the headband out sailing. The camcorder and plastic attachment flipped into the sea, and I was left with an elastic strap from what was, in total, a £250 purchase.

I cannot afford to replace my action camera, but since then my boyfriend has bought a GoPro, with all accessories and an attachable float and floating wrist strap for not much more than I paid. In hindsight, perhaps that would have been a better investment as I feel thoroughly disappointed with Sony.
VINE VOICEon 24 February 2013
I have used my one now four times scuba diving in the UK down to 30 metres with no problems with all three camera fronts now available (standard/flat/10m, with better sound).

This head mount can only be used with the camera in its waterproof case which I think is much the case with the go-pro mounts.

It is a little heavy and for scuba diving mask strap so you have to use the provided headband (safer also this way as you don't want to loose your mask during a dive).

One feature that would be nice would be to angle the camera up or down a bit but good results can be obtained with it straight.

I am just waiting for better weather and better underwater visibility.

One last point, when wearing it I'm told I look like a borg :)
on 5 January 2014
I got the action cam AS15 cheap on sale but it comes with 2 silly sticky attachment mean very limited flexibility. With not much choice, I have to get this headmount kit. As it's from Sony, it's obviously going to over priced to what is effectively a rubber band, and the plastic attachment.
Saying all that it works and the attachment will go with any other "strap", not just the head band included. Apart from(to my surprise) that I cannot find a third party equivalent, I won't want to risk it following off, so decided to go with this.
There is another option from Sony that will take the cam without the waterproof case but for almost the same price, I cannot see the reason to get that apart from arguably very slightly lighter.
on 16 December 2013
We got this for climbing, swimming, biking etc... with our Head cam.
Works very well. Picture is great thru the cover, Sound is fine too.
Never a bad time with Sony.
on 6 January 2015
Great head strap for Sony video Camera, can use it on your bare head for the sports that don't need a crash helmet.
Brilliant stuff & I have used it extensively for Windsurfing in pretty wild & very windy conditions & it stays on the head even in wild catapults most of the time & by tying it to the back of your wet-suits zip strap, will ensure that you never lose it even if it does slide off your head on a monster crash. Also used it for snowboarding. Great product.
on 25 August 2013
My husband loves this, the quality is great and e can also use it at parties rather than messing with a video camera.
on 16 April 2014
The quality is very good and holds securely the camera, the strap is large enough and changes diameter to fit in the head. You can fit the strap on your head but you can't use it with bike helmet as slips.. it should have a connection strap in the middle to keep the camera in place.
It's very expensive, comparing with aftermarket head mount kits that you can find 3 time less money than this one.