5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!
We got this for climbing, swimming, biking etc... with our Head cam.
Works very well. Picture is great thru the cover, Sound is fine too.
Never a bad time with Sony.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. Simon P. Thacker

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs rubberized strap
I've managed to fit this to my vented cycle helmet, but cannot fit it to the smooth, domed helmet I use for traction kite sports. I simply slides off. The simple addition of rubberized backing on the strongly elasticated strap--as found on most goggle straps--would almost certainly solve this.

Note: the case is not included.
Published 12 months ago by W. Isaacs

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
We got this for climbing, swimming, biking etc... with our Head cam.
Works very well. Picture is great thru the cover, Sound is fine too.
Never a bad time with Sony.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Headmount Kit, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
I like it buuutt it's clunky when wearing a halfshell I feel like a bit of a goon but it does exactly what I was expecting!

I just wish Sony would see how much people need a big variety of mounts... considering a GoPro based on this, however I'll see how the chest mount looks when it is FINALLY released and then see what happens from there (hopefully I'll look like a transformer but not too much of a freak)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and well-built bit of kit; has some limitations though., 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
First up, the camera fits perfectly in the case. I had some problems when I used a GoPro where the camera would rattle inside the case, despite it being a genuine GoPro chest mount and waterproof casing. However, suffers with the same issue as any other waterproof case, it fogs up. Sony have created special anti-fog patches, but at around £20 a pack, that is quite pricey. You can't fit much in the case, but if you can get a hold of small silica packs or strips/oxygen absorbers like you get in beef jerky packets they will fit and double as a decent alternative. Silica gel packs from shoe boxes for example, won't fit.

The other issue I have is that you cannot adjust the pitch of the camera and the single strap limits you to positioning on the head before it starts slipping off. However, the strap can be swapped out so I brought a GoPro head cam mount which has a strap over the top too and is much better, especially as I use it for Parkour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
My husband loves this, the quality is great and e can also use it at parties rather than messing with a video camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but effective, 16 Aug. 2013
Martin (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
Wearing this directly on your head means you are acutely aware of the weight of the housing and tightness of the band. But it is well built and, apart from the lack of up/down tilt, it does the job well. You can easily unclip from the headband and attach to something else such as a buoyancy aid strap or waist belt. The clip on mechanism is cleverly designed to be a simple and quick on/off, and very solid when clipped on.
Would I recommend it? Yes, but to get the most out of it be prepared to experiment a bit by clipping onto other things.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Complaints Except Maybe Weight, 24 Feb. 2013
Mike Nelson "IM35461" (East Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
I have used my one now four times scuba diving in the UK down to 30 metres with no problems with all three camera fronts now available (standard/flat/10m, with better sound).

This head mount can only be used with the camera in its waterproof case which I think is much the case with the go-pro mounts.

It is a little heavy and for scuba diving mask strap so you have to use the provided headband (safer also this way as you don't want to loose your mask during a dive).

One feature that would be nice would be to angle the camera up or down a bit but good results can be obtained with it straight.

I am just waiting for better weather and better underwater visibility.

One last point, when wearing it I'm told I look like a borg :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great head strap for Sony video Camera,, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
Great head strap for Sony video Camera, can use it on your bare head for the sports that don't need a crash helmet.
Brilliant stuff & I have used it extensively for Windsurfing in pretty wild & very windy conditions & it stays on the head even in wild catapults most of the time & by tying it to the back of your wet-suits zip strap, will ensure that you never lose it even if it does slide off your head on a monster crash. Also used it for snowboarding. Great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke - sending my brand new Camcorder into the Ocean forever., 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
I had read that the Sony products were of similar quality to GoPro, but slightly less expensive, so I decided to risk it and finally purchase a sports camcorder. As a skier, the headband was a 'must', and it did the job, though I agree with the other reviews that suggest that it would be better if the strap was rubberised.

My main issue is that the plastic attachment, which locks on to the strap, decided to fail when I was wearing the headband out sailing. The camcorder and plastic attachment flipped into the sea, and I was left with an elastic strap from what was, in total, a £250 purchase.

I cannot afford to replace my action camera, but since then my boyfriend has bought a GoPro, with all accessories and an attachable float and floating wrist strap for not much more than I paid. In hindsight, perhaps that would have been a better investment as I feel thoroughly disappointed with Sony.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Expensive, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)
The quality is very good and holds securely the camera, the strap is large enough and changes diameter to fit in the head. You can fit the strap on your head but you can't use it with bike helmet as slips.. it should have a connection strap in the middle to keep the camera in place.
It's very expensive, comparing with aftermarket head mount kits that you can find 3 time less money than this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs rubberized strap, 21 Mar. 2014
W. Isaacs (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony VCT-GM1 Headmount Kit for Action Camera (Electronics)

Note: the case is not included.