5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing
Published on 9 May 2012 by Liam Mariscotti

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice novel for the Internet / computer science techies
I must admit I was captured by the title and by the mention of "singularity". I bought the book and started reading it with totally neutral expectation because nobody suggested it to me, nor did I know the authors before.

The plot is good and got me interested from the very beginning.

Writing is fair, makes the novel good for bed or travel...
Published 23 months ago by claudioccc

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing, 9 May 2012
An excellent book! I was captivated throughout and could have read it from start to finish in one go, had time, work and sleep requirements allowed. If you like Charles Stross's 'Halting State' and 'Rule 34', as well as the 'Terminator' and 'The Matrix' films, you will probably enjoy this book. The only thing I found a bit strange was the ending. I look forward to reading the other books in William Hertling's 'Singularity series'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book will certainly read more by this author, 20 Sep 2013
This book manages to be a real page turner, while still being credible and thought provoking. I was really pleasantly surprised by it spotted someone recommending it over on the grandroids site and was reading about the singularity at the time. Really impressed with the standard of the writing and the author has a clear understanding of IT. If you like Daniel Suarez give this a go too it's in a similar style.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 17 Mar 2013
This was a very interesting, and thought provoking book. Intelligently written and hard to put down. The ending was a bit abrupt though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 16 Dec 2012
The near future story presented here is a good one. Totally believable in its concept and followed through in good fashion. The book is relatively short, so you're never waiting fo the next plot point as it'll be on the next page. The one weakness is the way the characters are sold to you. Whilst an effort has clearly been made to give a back story/depth to them, I don't believe he quite succeeds. The big plus is that you'll likely enjoy this, but it also sets up the sequel which is REALLY good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern expanded 'The Evitable Conflict', 4 Nov 2012
Very good read! I've read it all over the weekend. Hopefully it's not too much of a spoiler, but if you liked the main idea of Asimov's 'The Evitable Conflict', I can recommend this book as expanded story about how such AI could be developed as a part of our modern everyday internet products. It's not perfect and lacks some detail, but nevertheless I think it's worth five stars and I would like to see more books like this. I like in particular how close to reality it is, in a similar way to Suarez's or Russinovich's technothrillers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad ... but not great, 15 July 2014
Nice idea but not very well written. That being said I'd give it a 3 stars but the ending was a bit cliched.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frighteningly Possible!, 24 Jun 2014
Andrew Laws (Manchester) - See all my reviews
A great Sci Fi adventure set in today's world. Avogadro Corporation sounds very much like a familiar internet company and the story begins with just another work project. Despite the seemingly everyday context, the plot soon gains momentum and the project takes on a life of its own. Believable scenarios, interesting characters and an increasingly tense plot make this a good read. I don't want to spoil the end; enough to say I am presently enjoying the sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 13 Feb 2014
Good read. A very plausible scenario of how the singularity could unfold. The author actually departs from the technology we have today and then weaves a scenario very plausible today.well done,GOOD on you.

5.0 out of 5 stars One company springs to mind reading this: Google, 19 Jan 2014
What with google buying robotic companies all around the world and getting its teeth into all sorts of business deals, I found myself reading this book thinking that what if !!!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, and have purchased the next in series, can't wait to start reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars hard to put down, 20 Dec 2013
This book addresses a possible future .. well ...around the corner.. It is well stuctured and clearly written so although some of the technology may not be familiar to all readers, it is absorbing. The best thing about this book are the ideas ..and where things will/might go... Not difficult, this is great for travel/holiday reading and I have just bought bk 2.