on 18 June 2015
A very robust phone holder and sticks extremely well to the windscreen or dash panel. It grips the phone really well too. I particularly like the multi-swivel angles two !!
review image
on 10 December 2013
I had been looking for an iPhone holder for my car for literally months. I bought one from HomeBargains which ended up going back as it vibrated too much for me to actually see the screen, so I was understandably very sceptical when I bought the TaoTronics one.

It's a dream come true.

I use it to drive quite long distances (e.g. Dundee to Newcastle, then up to Aberdeen) -- I'm not always on motorways, but sometimes have to be on bumpy country roads, and this thing has NEVER fallen off the windscreen. It's now been up for about three months, and doesn't look like it'll fall anytime soon. It's super secure (which an item like this HAS to be, if you're trusting it with a £££ phone!), and I believe there are settings on it to accommodate most phone sizes.

This, plus the Apple or Google Maps app on your phone, means you'll never need to look at a satnav again.
on 15 September 2013
This mount is really good quality and definitely worth spending a few pounds extra on. I have had several cheaper mounts that either loose their ability to securely hold the phone in the correct position, or start regularly falling off the windscreen. Because of this last time one of the cheap mounts failed I decided to spend a little more on one of these, that was 3 months ago and the quality is such that I have now bought a second one of these to replace another failed cheap option. I'm using mine with Samung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and an iphone 5 and they are all gripped securely by these mounts. The sucker on the windscreen is strong and has never fallen off for me. The 360 degree rotation allows landscape or portrait use with a good range of movement and locks into position well unlike some other cheaper mounts I've used.
on 23 December 2015
I was provided with a free sample of this car smartphone holder in exchange for providing an honest review.

Tested with Nexus 6P (and with Nexus 6) in a 2011 Honda CR-V vehicle.

I have been using PDA and Smartphone vehicle mounts/holders for many years. I always use GPS when I drive, even if I don’t need to. (It’s become a habit.) And, with the recent changes requiring hands-free use of phones in cars, it’s been very handy.

I have just finished using the Taotronics TT-SH08 suction cup windshield mount for a couple of weeks. I have used many windshield mounts in the past, and they were my preferred style, until I bought a car with a nice Air Conditioner Vent connector, which works well with lots of different mounts. I prefer that style because it sits a little lower in my field-of-vision, keeping my view ahead clear.

But, after I moved to Vent Mounts, more manufacturers began to offer better ways to secure their holders to the dashboard. This is one of those products.

The TT-SH08 has a sturdy suction cup, with a sticky surface which helps to keep it on my dashboard. The holder is sturdy, and well-made, and the suction cup is powerful enough--so far. (But, I’m also reminded of why I prefer the vent mount holders if they work with your car. The suction cups can be tricky to position to avoid blocking your view of the road, and to avoid bumping against the windshield. Especially if you have a tall phone, like my Nexus 6P. I really had a hard time finding a good spot, which isn’t the fault of the holder, just a fact to consider when using a windshield/dashboard mount.)

I began to use the holder with my Nexus 6 for a couple of days, until my Nexus 6P arrived. As you might know, the Nexus 6 is a BEAST! It’s big and it’s heavy. If a holder will fit and support the Nexus 6, it’s pretty solid. This one does--and is. (But, just barely. And, if you have a Nexus 6, a thinner case is better.)

Aside from that, though, the side clamps of the unit hold the phone securely with small rubber grips. I have not had any trouble with the phone sliding out of the holder, even IF I’m not using the pop-out bottom support plate. And, speaking of that support plate, one complaint I have is that I cannot my charging cable through the hole while the phone is sitting on it, as the cable “slot” is not in the correct position. (You might be able to Dremel it a bit to enlarge the slot, but I didn’t bother and shouldn’t have to.) But, as I said, even when not using the bottom support plate, the rubber grips hold my phone to permit charging.

The phone holder itself, is easy to adjust to your particular position in the vehicle, and then to lock-down the position so that it will be properly set up for the next time you place your phone in the mount.

All in all, if you like a windshield/dash mount holder, or if you need to use one, this is a reasonably priced and good quality option.

I’ve attached a few pictures showing this mount along with a similar style of holder but with a AC vent connector.
review image review image review image
on 15 December 2015
This review is for the TaoTronics Car Smartphone Holder Model TT-SH08.

I have been using this unit for the past few weeks and must say I've been really impressed with it thus far. I've tried other car phone holders in the past but always ran into the problem of them not being able to either support my phones weight(it's a note 4 with larger battery) or fit the phone along with its case. This unit does both and does it well. It fully supports the weight of my phone and the adjustable grip expands far enough out to fit my phones larger battery and case size. It says in the product booklet that the grip will expand from 1.97" to 3.94". The high quality of build is also something to note about this unit. Other brands I've used always seemed to use either cheap suction cups or cheap rubber/synthetic material for padding which normally started to peel off after a few uses. The suction cup on this model is really nice. I'm not a certified suctioncupologist but I strongly believe this suction cup if one of the strongest I've ever seen. The sticky gel that is inside the inner suction cup really helps create the seal needed to hold it secure. Once you lock it down it really stays secured. Besides using this for the car windshield I've also used it on a desk that had a semi-smooth surface,my refrigerator(yes I like to watch youtube cooking videos and try to follow along),mirror,wall and a dry-erase board. I'd recommend testing the proposed mounting surface first with a simple tug to make sure before putting your phone up on higher areas like I do but so far so good. I haven't had any issues so far with it drying out and falling like my gps mount always does but I really have not had many hot days since this product arrived. All in all, if you are looking for a good quality smartphone holder I would highly recommend this product. It has very good quality build and holds my extra large phone snug and secure even on the bumpy dirt road that leads to my farm.
on 1 November 2013
what a great item ! worth every penny I have an iphone and can now also use it as sat nav in my car
on 4 June 2013
I have had several dashboard mount holders for my iPhone 4S but always the holders arms break after a while and rendering the item useless, this is a sturdy holder, it keeps stuck to the windscreen and holds the phone very well. Highly recommended.
on 20 December 2014
Model Tested: TT-SH08

This product is a removable car smartphone holder that attaches onto the windscreen of your car and allows you to view a wide range of smartphones in an unlimited amount of angles.

Sent for review the product comes in a nicely presented box and comes in 2 subunits along with a very well written full coloured manual with appropriate content, step by step instructions and well labelled diagrams.

The product is made of high quality and relatively lightweight black plastic and is approx the length of a hand. It has an appealing design and would not look out of place in a luxury car.

There is a large suction pad to attach the product to the windscreen and there are holder arms to hold your devices firmly with a suitably soft rubber grip on the sides and back. The arms narrow by pressing them in gently and this allows for flexibility in being able to fit a wide range of devices ranging from 1.97" - 3.94".

The joint and adjustment knob along with the vertical adjustment knob are the key features of the product as it is these that give the product it's 360 Degree adjustment properties. The vertical adjustment knob can bend forward and backwards whilst the upper adjustment knob can adjust more sensitively in a clock-wise/anti-clock-wise direction or forward and backwards. There is also a device quick release button which is a very useful feature.

To assemble the product into one main unit you just need to join the 2 subunits together by slotting the 4 pins of the larger unit into the 4 corresponding holes of the smaller unit. My device fitted into the product very well indeed and the suction pad fitted on very impressively.

I used the product for 2 consecutive days and found that it held onto my device very well indeed regardless of what type of road surface I was driving on and to my surprise it stayed on securely when I went over speed bumps at a reasonably fast speed. I was impressed with the products performance and I would therefore recommend it to others.

The product also comes with a 12 month warranty which is always welcoming and shows that the manufacturer is confident in the performance and durability of the product.
I struggled for a while to find an inexpensive cradle for my Samsung Note 2. The TT-SH02 is made from a higher quality plastic, which is very important for this type of phone holder, as the phone may be inserted and removed multiple times during usage, over time.

I was very surprised at how easy it is to adjust to the size of my phone, even though it is larger than your average phone, yet still held the phone securely. The side grips still allow plenty of space to use your phone.

The suction grip is strong, so your phone will not be falling down when you least want it to (think in the middle of a journey with the phone on TomTom or Google Maps - I have experienced this prior to owning this holder).
on 27 January 2014
Stays put

Doesn't wobble

Easy to adjust

Holds near enough all size phones etc

Sturdy plastic not cheap flimsy tatt