5.0 out of 5 stars Enhanced Performance
Published 15 months ago by Milton S

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really do much.
I wouldn't recommend this as it didnt really do an awful lot for me! didnt really give me a buzz as other have done in the past. There was very little comedown which i was made up about after not getting an up! I suppose pre workout drinks work different for different people. This one doesnt work very well for me
Published 11 months ago by Barry Higson

5.0 out of 5 stars Enhanced Performance, 15 Jun 2013
I love taking the assault before a workout. It's one of the best when it comes to pre-workout energy boosters, hands down. It gives me an added boost and that extra energy to go harder, much more so when compared to other brands I've tried in the past. I especially prefer this one because the flavor tastes amazing (fruit punch). It really does taste like fruit punch instead of watered down crap like other flavors.

Like many supplements of this kind you don't want to take it year round. Personally, I will take it about four times a year, giving myself anywhere from an 8-12 week break in between bottles. I will also add 5 grams of l-arginine powder for the most insane pumps; Muscle Maxx Pro + FREE L-Arginine (Nitric Oxide Booster) 250 Grams. I'm able to bust through my routine without feeling fatigued and leave the gym so pumped up, the feeling actually lasts till the next day.

My routine is pretty intense and by the end of it I'm mentally and physically drained. These supplements are what keep me going to the next set, the next day, and the next level. I have a much more solid overall workout and a better ability to gain strength because of using these supplements. Just use them wisely, don't over-use them, and you'll be flying high for quite some time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good taste, and works on me, 8 April 2014
Full rating for the good taste and the effects! It seems to work for me, and it's very pleasant to drink!

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really do much., 22 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars MusclePharm Green Apple Assult Powder Review:, 25 July 2014
Although it still doesn't taste the best and the apple flavour is more of a vague disguise, it's incredibly effective in changing my mood. Some days I'll be going to the gym feeling like I might only do an hour and not do that much either. But I drink this and that one hour 'meh' session turns into 3 hours of gainz!

Overall;
Very effective in getting you in the mood to lift
The only bad thing is it still tastes like s***, but we're not here for the taste, we're here for the effects, which is why I give this a 5 and would recommend for others

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for MMA training., 25 Sep 2012
Ducky (Accrington in Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Admittedly, I decided to try this product after seeing it's endorsed by both Donald Cerroni and Michael Bisping of UFC fame.
I have been using this product for a month and I'm mainly happy with it.

The flavour of fruit punch, is awful, in my opinion. So, for that reason alone, I almost dread drinking it.
I'll probably try the green apple, next time. At the end of the day, I realise this is down to my own taste prefference, but fruit punch is just too strong tasting for me.

I would recommend starting off at a quarter, or third of a scoop, rather than a full one, as it's pretty potent stuff. First time I tried it, I did a home MMA workout and my vision went kind of fuzzy, my finger tips were tingly and I experienced a slightly naseated feeling, so I ended up actually slowing down during the workout. I felt on the cusp of fainting.

After a month, I am on half scoops and it feels like just the right dose for me. I'm 5ft 7" tall and 154 in weight.
Take it at least 30 mins before your workout, you'll feel it kicking in for a few minutes (same feelings as the full dosage, but less intense)and it really wakes me up. I feel switched on during MMA training and the warm up and workout fatigue seems to dissapear, so by the time we're sparring or rolling, I feel much fresher than usual.

My cardio was pretty good, already, but I've noticed a deffinette improvement since using Assault.

The powder is incredibly fine and mixes in my shaker, faster than any other product I've tried.

I will be purchasing Assault again, for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars no matter how tired you are this will get you goin really good product, 10 July 2014
This was my first pre workout and I was impress with the results , no matter how tired you are this will get you goin really good product

5.0 out of 5 stars love! gives you that BOOST you need, 2 July 2014
love! gives you that BOOST you need. although you got to deal with a sweet after taste for a while at least till you go to bed ( for those that work out in the afternoon) the aftertaste is bearable

3.0 out of 5 stars good product, 7 Jun 2014
does what it says, get jacked up an rearing to go, but i hate drinking it, flavor is nasty and i feel like im drinking cap loads of creatine. get the shivers b4 and after i drink it lol

5.0 out of 5 stars musclepharm assault, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: MusclePharm Assault Grape Blast Pre-Workout Powder 736g (Personal Care)
Great product at a reasonable price will be using again. Will try another flavour. Very happy with the products effects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Orange Mango: Great stuff initially but built up a tolerance, 26 May 2014
Mr. K. T. Johnsey "kris69" (Newport) - See all my reviews
Having been more into tablets and cheaper creatine based drinks for my pre workout boosters, I wanted to take my training up a notch and go for a high brand product. After doing some research, I found that musclepharm assault seemed to be high on most top 10 lists (number 2 on men's health) as well as being endorsed by UFC, which sold it for me.

Initially assault gave me a massive buzz and energy rush within 5 minutes of drinking it. I trained like a beast for the first week on this stuff taking it every day after work and hitting the gym, no doubt it was the best pre train booster product I'd ever tried. The results were great and I found it was having a pleasing fat stripping effect as well as an increase in muscle size and definition, although I trained harder than I have in years. I even found it was making it hard for me to sleep, a testament to it's energy boosting effects, so be careful of that when you use assault. I'd recommend not using it for late evening sesh's if you have work the next day.

It has a great range of ingredients, creatine, taurine, caffeine, loads of b-vitamins, aminos, nitric oxide boosters, energy herbs etc. Very impressed with the content.
I went for the orange mango flavour, which is not bad. It has a definite medicine type taste to it, but I find that reasssuring. I definitely prefer the taste now I've got used to it.

It's white powder that turns to illiuminous orange when mixed with water. I find 1 scoop mixes well with 1 pint, I stir it in a pint glass with a spoon mostly so it will mix well with a shaker no doubt. I find if you time it to hit the gym 30-40 minutes after starting to drink, it has the best results. I take about 10-15 minutes to drink the pint.

I'm about 3/4 through my 1st tub, I've calmed down with the usage, now it's around 2-3 times a week. While I'm definitely in the best shape I've been for years and no doubt it's thanks to assault, I'm finding at the moment that it's not consistently giving me the same boost anymore. I tried cycling off it for a week, which helped a bit, but I definitely feel like I've built up a tolerance, the positive side of this being I sleep fine off it now. Assault was another level compared to my olimp amok tablets, but now the gap in performance between the 2 feels a lot less, which I find strange because the tablets perform consistently well, where as with assault it seems to have had more of a peak and then drop off.
It can have a bit of a laxative effect, you do run the gauntlet with this, especially if you've not eaten well. I found it didn't mix with a post workout chinese takeaway once, wont make that mistake again lol. Aslong as your diets been healthy throughout the day, it's not too much of a problem.
It still beats the tablets and definitley beats taking nothing. There's no doubt I have taken my training up a notch, but there was something about the information on assault that seemed to suggest it's the go to jack of all trades/ vanilla ice cream of the pre train boosters, the 1 good for cardio and lifting as an all rounder. I think if you're into lifting more than cardio (which I am) then there are better pre train boosters out there more designed for your needs. Although I can't compare, I just have that gut feeling that assault has been a great 1 to start off with, but I have yet to find that AWESOME pre train drink.

I'm going to give bullnox andorush a go once I've finished assault and had a 2 week break from supplements, something I recommend to anyone who didn't feel anything from taking assault. Definitely the 1 to start off wth if you're new to high level pre train boosters and I know I'll come back to assault at some point in the future