‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books written on Negotiation, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Negotiation Mastery (Kindle Edition)
As a Negotiation trainer I have an extensive collection of books on Negotiation. Some of them good, many average and occasionally one stands out as being very good. I put Simon Horton's book in the latter category.
It is extremely well researched yet not weighted down by extensive theory that is difficult to implement.In fact, after reading just a few chapters,I changed my whole teaching approach to some of the fundamental tenets of Negotiation, like WIN-WIN negotiation which so many people perceive they do but in reality they don't.
His style of writing is easy to follow without being over-patronizing, something that seems to plague some Negotiator writers.
It's incredible value for money and almost a "no-brainer". If you bought this book and didn't save the cost of it in your next negotiation, whether it's negotiating with your partner or kids or in business you are clearly doing something wrong.
It will definitely become one of my regular go-to books for inspiration!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best negotiation books around!, 9 Sep 2013
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have to admit I have had this book for an age. Why so long to review it - easy I kept referring to it again and again and each time I retrieved a further gem of information or tactic. I had read a few of the anecdotes previously, but that didn't detract from the enjoyment of the book for me. It rather endorsed how good it is.

In a nutshell, its well written, well presented and my copy is already well-thumbed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Negotiation Mastery (Kindle Edition)
This is an extremely well written book. No heaviness unless you are reading something in bold. This allows me to think and reflect on my circumstances when I read it and was quickly able to discover several blindspots in my style of negotiation. I have found it very helpful to jot down these points in a personal SWOT as I am reading this. Unlike other books, it doesn't become a drag after you well into it. I am glad I bought this. Super value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars and this has been incredibly useful by solidifying what I already know and adding a ..., 9 July 2014
This review is from: Negotiation Mastery (Kindle Edition)
This book provides a solid framework for how to think about negotiation. As a business person I'm frequently required to negotiate, and this has been incredibly useful by solidifying what I already know and adding a great number of extra perspectives. It also teaches you how to prepare for a negotiation (something I've never really thought about), in terms of planning etc. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, Fascinating and Inspiring, 13 Mar 2014
This book is a huge help if you need to learn practical tools and principles for negotiation, and indeed influence and sales. The author combines a real depth of experience and understanding and distils it to really useful fundamentals. I loved the examples and stories he used of how the skills work in practice, and was impressed by the depth of sources he references. It's a lovely balance of expert advice expressed in a clear, distilled way. I've taken loads of ideas on board and will be using them for the negotiation of life as well as business!

5.0 out of 5 stars Straightforward and Effective, 28 Dec 2012
I've been using the techniques Simon teaches in this book for awhile now and getting very positive results. Some of them take a bit of practice, but by sticking with it I've created more sales in my business and even gotten my girlfriend to agree to more of my ideas for where to eat dinner! (A much more difficult task than negotiating for money!)

Very recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Theory, examples, surprisingly fun!, 9 Nov 2012
As a training manager, i found this book useful in all manner of negotiations encountered, be it with stakeholders or suppliers.
Also, a book I'd recommend to managers and team members alike, as the style of the book -theory backed up with clear examples of application, makes concepts easy to grasp and utilise.
A refreshing, easy to use and practical guide which is surprisingly fun to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book, useful in many situations, 25 Oct 2012
This is really excellent book, as we use negotiation skills in all walks of life (whether we recognize it or not), and this explains how we can get what we want from those situations, to create a win-win scenario for all concerned. It is very clear, contains numerous everyday examples, and gets to the core of how we communicate with others. You don't have to be a hostage negotiator or a corporate lawyer to get benefit out of reading this (for example I have managed, in the last few days, to convince both my wife and my teenage son to do jobs that were previously unheard of) so regardless of what you do, I recommend you to read this. It will change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, 8 May 2014
Great book. By pulling together the best of the current thinking, I have been given both the inspiration and clear direction to become more flexible in my negotiation approaches. An enjoyable read too, and that's a rare pleasure.

I've recommended it to many others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a must read, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Negotiation Mastery (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyable book, good humour and techniques worth trying. One of those self-help books I don't really want anyone else to read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›