5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but research before you buy.
This is the first time I've been inclined to write a review on amazon, so here goes!

I bought this film at around 2PM on the saturday, it was dispatched on the Monday, first thing, and arrived 24hours later on the Tuesday. I believe if I had ordered on a weekday I'd have received the following working day. Excellent service from the seller!

Now for...
Published 18 months ago by letitiaannaking

3.0 out of 5 stars Undeveloped patches!
T
Published 13 months ago by Reala

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but research before you buy., 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Impossible PX 680 Instant Film with Colour Protection for Polaroid 600 8 Sheets (Electronics)

Now for the product. Yes it is pricey, but no more expensive than the film on the impossible projects website (£17 + pp), and I was lucky enough to have a £10 voucher to put towards it, I loaded my camera and took one tester shot. It turned out blue. 5 minutes later still blue. On the box it says that to leave it for 30mins to fully develop but I had expected to see some sort of processing happening between 10 and 15 mins and still nothing. So I researched into the product. This is what I learned.

1) when you take your photo it is of THE utmost importance to shade it from light, natural or ambient. The paper is experimental, and doesn't contain the same formula as the original film, so is super sensitive to light. When shooting your film

2) It is possible to pop the box the film comes into over the flap that releases the print and keep it in darkness that way, to sellotape the film back that is spat out once inserting the film package into your camera (It's the black plastic thing, with a little quote on it) you sellotape it just above the bit that prints out the image and it acts as a sun shield. Alternatively you can just place it straight in a pocket or face down on a service, but they aren't fool proof. Doing it this way can literally burn the emulsion on the paper leaving you with black/brown splodges and patches ruining your image.

3) don't shoot into darkness or little light, with the older polaroids the shutter can stick as the flash may not go off, ruining both your shot by overexposing it to light for too long, and potentially ruining your camera.

4) When developing keep it in darkness for at least 15 minutes, and keep it somewhere warm, that speeds up development a little. A pocket is great.

5) don't shoot into direct bright sun as it can damage the emulsion on the print resulting in unsightly splodges.

6) try to stay at least 3 ft away from your subject unless you have a close up lens fitted on your camera, and in that case the opposite applies.

7) If you do come across a faulty pack of prints take note of the sticker on the front of your box, the serial numbers on your box of film, and where you purchased the film from, if off amazon give the name of the seller as well, and get in touch with the impossible project. They *should* arrange for you to send in the film pack and some of the shots you've taken and from then reimburse you. But if it is bought from Amazon do get in touch with the seller, or the shop you've gotten it from as they may be able to replace it faster, but there is a chance that they may be fake or damaged stock also.

8) DON'T SHAKE IT LIKE A POLAROID PICTURE! And most importantly - HAVE FUN!

And after half an hour my own test image started to appear, a little green and overexposed, but at least I now know how to make my remaining 7 images as good as they can be!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy they are making this again, 12 Feb 2013
Glad they are making the original size Polaroid film. Film takes slightly longer to develop however not an issue.

Wish it was slightly cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars thumbs up, 2 Nov 2013
I bought this film to use with a Polaroid 635cl. The film works perfectly fine, just be careful shooting in low temperatures.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost a blast from the past, 22 Sep 2013
It's not Polaroid but it's not a bad effort as a replacement...keep developing this product,because you are nearly there Impossible.Note...it will develope better and more quickly if you can protect the film from the light to some extent.Well done Impossible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Sep 2013
Very Good quality, no problems with it, so far, i took 2 pictures with it and they're amazing, I didn't know that the film is the battery for your camera as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 1 July 2013
I'm glad that I found impossible on Amazon!

I thought I would have to go by them direct but so glad that these are on here so I can now order them with other items!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 25 Sep 2013
I wanted to try my hand at polarioid but it's an expensive hobby, that said I took some fantastic pictures with this film, it takes about forty minutes to develop but it has such nice tones, the only thing I'd say is there's not a great range of colours, but then I suppose an instant camera takes more of an impression than a photo any way.

Would recommend it, it came very well packaged and arrived promptly. Just a shame it's only 8 shots a pop!

3.0 out of 5 stars Undeveloped patches!, 18 Aug 2013
T
I used this film in my SLR 690 (following all instructions, refrigerated the film), & I have been getting undeveloped patches right on top of the image. I thought it was one bad film pack but the problem was present on every imagevin hree film packs. There is nothing wrong with my camera because it works well with the original expired Polaroid film. This issue is well documented on the Impossible Project website. I found that their suggestion for a 'fix' does not work, and judging by user commenta on their website, this is he case for many people. This film also needs to be shielded from sunlight in spite of alims otherwise. I tried this on a sunny day in London and the images I did not shield were overexposed. Indoor photgraphy without a flash gives were out of focus and blurry pictures.
In all fairness, if you kbow the quirks of this film and use it in a camera that can tolerate it, the film does work. However, pros using the SLR Lolaroid cameras should steer clear because the undeveloped patch issue is a genuine issue and this film is not exactly cheap. Even when it works the results are pretty average. The original Polaroid 600 film produced decent results (never outstanding), and this is worse. I mean not everyone who used Polaroid was an artist. Plenty of people bought the film and cameras to take family snapshots and to have fun. Unfortunately, I don't think this film is for sucb casual users because it is expensive, temperamental and just doesn't produce good enough images. Artists may like out of focus and washed out colours but Polaroid, in its heyday was for people who took casual snaps for the most part and this film does not suit that demographic.
SLR 690 users, this film wi give you problems so think about that before you part with your cash.

4.0 out of 5 stars Retro fun!, 11 Jun 2013
I took the pictures in bright sunlight but immediately hid them in my camera case, as all the advice says to do, for about half an hour. And it works! Really cute polaroids, all really clear. I'm really happy with this product, but I hope in future they can improve development time and reduce cost. Really fun for a change from digital and all my friends loved to see them too!

3.0 out of 5 stars ... used for ages - so the film was no good to me - but I am sure it was, 10 July 2014
Unfortunately the camera had not been used for ages - so the film was no good to me - but I am sure it was ok

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›