4.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it!
Published 16 months ago by Beagle man

3.0 out of 5 stars Contains Dandelion. Ingredients not uptodate on listing?
I checked the ingredients before ordering this as my dog is allergic to chicken, duck and dandelion and I take care to avoid these.

As per the above listing stated: "Ingredients
Fresh venison meat 40%, fresh pheasant meat 15%, fresh salmon 10%, potatoes, butternut squash, green beans, apples, hemp oil. Botanical herbs: milk thistle, cleavers, nettles,...
Published on 11 Jan. 2013 by Fiona

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves it!, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lily's Kitchen Wild Campfire Stew for Dogs 400 g (Pack of 6) (Misc.)
My Beagle will eat anything you give her, however for ethical reasons I only give her food from ethical companies. The only thing that stops me buying this to feed her every day is the price. I found another company called The Natural dog food company that is ethical, human grade meat, organic where possible and it's half the price of Lily's Kitchen. I can see little difference other than price. There are other companies that sell great dog food, I don't want to appear to be advertising a company, please look around is all I'm saying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 25 Feb. 2013
My very fussy lurcher loves the wild campfire stew, (and the very venison dry food).

5.0 out of 5 stars As dog food goes this is the dogs proverbial .... not a good metaphor for this but it's brilliant., 5 Feb. 2015
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm going to give this dog food the most back handed complement you can imagine. It's a pain in the proverbial because it's an absolute pig to get out of the can. The meat (no gravy) is packed solid into the tin. You need to dig it out with a fork and it is solid so needs chopping up with the fork edge when you finally do get it out of the can. The dogs ? I can only say thank goodness they can't work a can opened or have opposable thumbs for the fork. THEY LOVE IT. I mean really. I know it's more expensive than other brands but the few pence you save is a false economy. This stuff is packed and not bulked out with yukky looking gravy (if indeed that's what it is) and your pooch will love it. There will be no tentative sniffing once they have had a few cans of this. They'll be mugging you for it as the bowl goes down. I'm going to repeat this review as indeed I have bought a lot of these now in different 'flavours' and they are all equally great

5.0 out of 5 stars Is it dog food?, 13 Mar. 2013
My dogs love it. It doesn't smell like dog food. It smells like human food.

I use the canned food in small amounts to mix in with the Lily's kitchen kibble to make it more interesting for my dogs and they absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves this, 19 Dec. 2012
My staffie really enjoys the wild campfire stew for dogs. The lamb casserole was a bit dry and could have done with more liquid. This one is a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Campfire Stew !, 17 Nov. 2013
This food is excellent. This particular flavour is brilliant, because it contains very different meat from most dog foods - Pheasant, Venison and Salmon. This is excellent if you have a dog who is allergic to the most common meats, like chicken, beef, etc. This food smells lovely, as do all the Lily's varieties and my dogs love it. There are 7 tinned varieties and they have a different flavour every day of the week, which is so good to be able to do, rather than giving them the same food every day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog's favourite, 5 Jan. 2013
Like the rest of Lily's kitchen range, this product is excellent and the dog loves it. This particular one is her favourite

5.0 out of 5 stars which was great. This is even better, 25 Jan. 2015
Moved back to the UK from the US and was nervous about changing from Merrick's dog food, which was great. This is even better. My 7-year-old, rescue Shih Tzu has numerous medical problems (yep, we're suckers) but his coat has improved and his weight has reduced (this is good) since putting him on Lily's. Sorry to be gross, but his poop is always firm as well. He was on grain-free Merrick's, which we thought was the right thing to do. This has grains in it, but good grains. We also mix a small handful of Orijen's dry dog biscuits into it too. I don't understand the science behind it but Lily's really suits him, so we're sticking with it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... etc out of the freezer for the hounds - like yesterday for example, 11 May 2015
Got these mainly as a backup for when we forget to leave raw meat etc out of the freezer for the hounds - like yesterday for example. They scoffed it down and whilst I didn't fancy trying it myself, it didn't make me recoil in disgust like other brands.
They were no more hungry than normal overnight and their droppings were perhaps slightly more loose than normal, but still within acceptable bounds.
As tinned food goes it seems as good as anything but is difficult to say how they would fare on this full time instead of raw.

5.0 out of 5 stars She was neglected and in very poor condition but has thrived on Lily's Kitchen, 26 Feb. 2015
I took a 'puppy farm' dog who had been used for breeding. She was neglected and in very poor condition but has thrived on Lily's Kitchen. She is healthy and has a beautiful coat now.