5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running ...
I owned a more expensive pair of Sennheiser waterproof running headphones that eventually had intermittent noise problems and the metal parts of the earpieces rusted. I thought I'd try these for a change and have now had them over a year. As an ultramarathon runner I spend hours training in a multitude of challenging weather conditions and have found these earphones to be...
Published 3 months ago by al

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last long
The head phones are meant to be for the gym they are meant to be sweat proof and rain proof. I got these for my partner for Christmas and within a month after using them the ear peace broke because of sweat getting inside. We couldn't work out why not sound was coming though and on closer look that was why.

It doesn't say what it does on the tin and I am now...
Published 14 months ago by Kelly Woodham

‹ Previous | 18 9 1017 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!!!!!!!!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Philips SHQ4200/10 ActionFit Washable Ultra Light Sports Headphones - Neckband (New for 2013) (Electronics)
I have owned a lot of 'sports' headphones sennheiser,adidas/sennheiser and these are by the far best I've owned. The neckband keeps them firmly in place and the sound is awesome. When they arrived I tried them on, disconnected to my ipod, and can only compare what I heard to my Bose Quietcomfort earmuffs. Probably not ideal when running on a busy road with the volume up but for the price these are a fantastic set of headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Light and good sound quality., 28 Mar. 2013
Runeweaver - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Ive used Neckband headphones before so i know what they are like to wear,these are very comfy and extremely lightweight.

Had no problems with the fit,they stayed in during running and never shifted at all,no problems with sound quality during exercise either.

They are solidly built and the cable is normal length for headphones,ive only had a couple of sets over the years that were longer.

The sound quality is pretty good for the price,not amazing but good enough for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice...., 28 Mar. 2013
F. Proctor "Wildfrank" (Plymouth. UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So much packaging for a pair of earphones! not very environmentally friendly and pretty fiddly to get out of the box, once out, very light but solid feeling, hardly notice them on. I agree with other reviewers, the cord could do with being longer, unless you have a breast pocket (or one of those arm band thingies to store your music player) the cord is too short, nothing else to say, sound quality very good, attractive earphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good For The Price, 28 Mar. 2013
North of England Way (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These headphones have certainly been designed with the health conscious in mind. Unlike your usual in-ear headphones, such as the ones that come free with iPods, these will not let you down when you are out and about, or down the gym.

The design is maybe not for everyone though, the band around the back of your head does takes some getting used to, and is not the most comfortable of designs (made of hard plastic).
However, when it comes to exercising, the band holds the headphones securely in place, meaning that they never slip out of your ears. After a few uses I did get used to the design, and realised that Philips really did a good job of making these cling to your head.

The sound quality really surprise me, as Philips are not known for delivering the best in terms of sound. But the bass is rich, the mid frequencies are nice and clear, and the high end is not too overpowering as it can be in some cheaper headphones (though £35 is not exactly cheap, it's not £150 Bose prices!!!)

Another excellent part of the design is the earbuds, which are removable. This means that when they inevitably get sweaty during exercise, you can simply remove them, wash them off, and clip them back on.

In all, if you are looking for a good set of headphones to wear during exercise, these are right up there with the best. You will not get Bose or AKG sound quality, but these are very solid headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultra lightweight, 25 Mar. 2013
Eric Baker (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These new sports headphones from Philips look very stylish and the sound quality - especially bass - is excellent. There are adjustable in-ear caps so you can choose the size that is most comfortable for your ear. So far I have only tried them out whilst using my exercise bike, it's just too cold and windy to venture outside, but I am sure they will be fine for running and off-road cycling. They claim to be rain and sweat proof and look like they will do the job well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light and good sound, lead too short though, 10 Mar. 2013
These are decent headphones and just what I wanted, lightweight and above all they stay in my ear. In the ear buds are no good for me as I have small ears and they keep popping out.

These fit perfect and stay in my ear on long runs even after a good sweat.

The only thing that lets these down is the very short lead, it barely reaches the treadmill and on road running it's just enough length but does get stretched. Had they come with a longer lead, it would be a 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the QC, 13 Sept. 2014
This is actually my 2nd purchase of these headphones, and IMHO, are a good balance between the pricier Sennheisers (which are nice, but the earpiece rubbers on them are rubbish and aren't great bang for the buck) and the Urbanz (robust, cheap but the sound is awful).

They're very comfortable, flexible and fit well, and the different sized earpiece rubbers should provide a level of customisation for whatever ear shape. The sound isn't as clear and precise as the Sennheisers as they're bassier, but definitely not as bass heavy as the Urbanz. For comparison sake, I'd say they're slightly above the standard headphones you find on an iPhone, but the sound is more encompassing because of how they fit.

The one thing wrong with these (and this is a big thing) is their robustness. My first pair lasted less than a year (right ear piece stopped working) and this second pair lasted 20mins. Opened it up, went to the gym and less than half an hour later I was packing them back into my gym bag as the same problem happened - no sound out of the right.

I'm on the Urbanz now and though they seem to be more robust, I do miss the sound from the Phillips!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Mar. 2015
Monsieur Pamplemousse (Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought these earphones to replace a similar, earlier model, set which broke - after 5 years! The new ones are very good, as were the old ones. They particularly suit me as I like the tight fit when running and, as I am a bit deaf, the snug fit in the ear means I get a decent volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 31 Aug. 2014
Very comfortable and the sound quality is great, I use this when i am cycling my bike, they ear buds never pop out when i am doing jumps or stunts and when i am cycling on the road the music is clear and so is traffic, a great balance and a fantastic buy. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new head phones, 3 Sept. 2014
T (Robinhoods bay, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love my new head phones, don't have to worry about them slipping from my ears when doing serious workouts/runs and i'm not constantly having to fiddle with or re-sit them when they get knocked. Plus the sound quality seems great to me (although I'm no expert).

‹ Previous | 18 9 1017 | Next ›