4.0 out of 5 stars Great
does the job unfortunately the cord is about 10cm too short for me and if my phone is in my back pocket it pulls when head moves.
Published 5 months ago by wagsta

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last long
The head phones are meant to be for the gym they are meant to be sweat proof and rain proof. I got these for my partner for Christmas and within a month after using them the ear peace broke because of sweat getting inside. We couldn't work out why not sound was coming though and on closer look that was why.

It doesn't say what it does on the tin and I am now...
Published 9 months ago by Kelly Woodham

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last long, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Philips SHQ4200/10 ActionFit Washable Ultra Light Sports Headphones - Neckband (New for 2013) (Electronics)

It doesn't say what it does on the tin and I am now returning the item for a full refund.

Wouldn't recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Philips InactionFit, 31 May 2014
I can only assume these headphones were only ever tested by one bloke at Philips sat in a chair, at 5.30pm on a Friday, rather than by anyone actually moving around.

At this price the sound is actually not bad but you'll never know this because the right earbud will continually be pulled slightly out of your ear by the weight of the cable dragging down on the other side, even when clipped to your shirt. The cable itself is not only attached in an inexplicably strange position to the headset (causing the issues mentioned above) but is also far too short for use whilst doing any kind of exercise.

If you prefer your music tinny and distant in your right ear and enjoy the infuriating feeling of a headset being gently pulled from your head, these are the headphones for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the QC, 13 Sep 2014
This is actually my 2nd purchase of these headphones, and IMHO, are a good balance between the pricier Sennheisers (which are nice, but the earpiece rubbers on them are rubbish and aren't great bang for the buck) and the Urbanz (robust, cheap but the sound is awful).

They're very comfortable, flexible and fit well, and the different sized earpiece rubbers should provide a level of customisation for whatever ear shape. The sound isn't as clear and precise as the Sennheisers as they're bassier, but definitely not as bass heavy as the Urbanz. For comparison sake, I'd say they're slightly above the standard headphones you find on an iPhone, but the sound is more encompassing because of how they fit.

The one thing wrong with these (and this is a big thing) is their robustness. My first pair lasted less than a year (right ear piece stopped working) and this second pair lasted 20mins. Opened it up, went to the gym and less than half an hour later I was packing them back into my gym bag as the same problem happened - no sound out of the right.

I'm on the Urbanz now and though they seem to be more robust, I do miss the sound from the Phillips!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "Fit" For Purpose, 28 April 2014
Wrecked two pairs, each within a half a dozen runs. These are in no way shape or form suitable for exercise. I don't know if it's sweat or movement that does it but these are guaranteed to break in a very short time if you use them for their intended purpose of running.
It's a shame as the sound is ok and the band really does make the buds stick in your ear. Which is utterly useless as they stop working immediately.

DO NOT BUY.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 Jun 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor!, 29 May 2014
I've owned my headphones for almost 5 months. My first impression was generally ok. The cable connecting the jack plug to the earphones was too short for me, hence when i run i have to keep the mp3 player in my hand to make up for the lack of slack. Just last week the right-bud earphone stopped working hence so now i have only the left hand side in operation. Regret buying these, havent even lasted 6 months and i only use them twice a week!

3.0 out of 5 stars A comparison review against Phillips' similar - but better - SHQ4017 Action Headphones, 16 April 2013
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, if I haven't already given the game away in the headline of this review, and you'd like to know why I wouldn't advise buying these headphones - read on...

Basically, in their own right, these headphones are great - problems only arise when you look at what else you can get hear on Amazon.

They are waterproof and washable, which makes them perfect for use when running, jogging or working out. They ave a good design which means they stay in your ears well when you're running, jogging or working out.

The sound is good, you get three sizs of anti-microbal ear caps, the wire's made of that though stuff Kevlar and you get a little pouch to keep them in when you're not running, jogging or working out... So what's the problem?

Well, the problem is that, currently, you can get the model above this - Phillips' SHQ4017 headphones - for less than the cost of these. They look better, they perform better and basically, they are better.

They offer everything these phones do plus a few extras like in-wire iPhone mic and control (so you can answer your phone and change the volume or track while you're - you guessed it - running, jogging or working out).

The SHQ4017s have an RRP that is just shy of double the current RRP of these, but they are listed here on Amazon with a huge discount making them not only the better option out of these two sets of 'phones - but the cheaper one too.

For me it's a no brainer - buy the SHQ4017s instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable and annoying, 31 Aug 2014
I rarely spend over £25 for headphones as I only use them down the gym and they get pretty sweaty. as these are waterproof and can be rinsed I thought they'd be perfect. I read all the reviews and thought they'd be value for money. from day one I found that the left ear bud would slip out my ear. I assume this was due to the stupidly short lead, who knows. I percevered with them despite the irritation. after a few weeks I noticed that the sound coming from the left ear bud was considerably lower than the right. I thought this was again due to it popping out but it wasn't, something somewhere has broken.
I have reverted back to my £11 earphones which fit much better and still work after years of being used down the gym. really not worth the money and are uncomfortable and annoying

1.0 out of 5 stars Right ear not working after only 9 months of light use., 16 Nov 2014
At first I thought these headphones would be great as they were comfortable (they come with 3 sizes of earbud) and the sound was ok.

After 9 months of using them a max of twice a week in gym sessions (not getting them wet or wearing them outside), the right ear has stopped working.

They're not the cheapest headphones around and I expected them to last longer than 9 months. Seller won't even communicate me and has just passed me on to Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Second faulty set and now out of warranty, 24 Oct 2014
Mark H. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
When they work they are great but my second pair has just broken today after 8 months use. The first pair lasted a bit less before being replaced by Amazon. Now I'm told that they are out of warranty and I'm livid. Both times one ear stops working and if you wiggle the cable close to the adaptor it works for a second. There is clearly a serious weakness close to the adaptor plug. I couldn't have been any more gentle with them and they look like new! Grrr.