on 26 March 2013
This is a quality piece of work. There is nothing conventional about this album but artistically it is one of the cleverest and most original collections of tracks I have heard for a long time. In this work Dave Brock manages to mix's various styles together in a unique way and make it work musically. He also reuses his own original touches from the 70's without these contributions coming over as dated. Emotionally the album does exactly what a musician aims to deliver, induce an emotion associated with the music subliminally that is appropriate to the title / lyrics. On the surface the music is chaotic but listen to it more deeply. The more you play it the more clarity you will see underneath the surface.

In summary, this work confirms the massively underrated artistic ability of Hawkwinds main driver. An understanding of this album will give you the tools to listen to Hawkwind productions in a new way.
on 21 May 2013
This album totally exceeded my expectations. I found his other solo albums a bit weak but this is not so. It shows another side to Brock with a sensitive almost melancholic nature. Overall the album flows really well and it span round continuously in my car for many days.
on 13 December 2012
So far I have only played this twice....and I really like this. There are some really beautiful soundscapes interlaced between some more classic brockesque style rhythms.
on 7 April 2014
This is a very varied and interesting album with many unexpected twists and turns, brim full of ideas that make you want to listen to it again. Some great stuff particularly on the second half of the album, I especially enjoyed Dreams, the version of Hawkwind's We Took The Wrong Step is excellent and I just hope people out there buy this as it deserves much wider recognition.
on 13 December 2012
On first listening to this I thought - Dave doodling again.... but on 2nd and 3rd listens I realised it's got a lot more depth. The old Hawkwind track stands out, probably because it's easier to relate to, having heard the original for 40 or so years. But it's good - I like it now! Worth buying - even 71 yr olds can make good music!
on 14 January 2013
brilliant album,, as always from the captain. a must for all hawkwind fans, got a superb version of we took the wrong steps years ago,
on 1 February 2013
I think Hawkwind are a great band but this solo album of Dave Brocks really suprised me in that it highlights a real skill of song writing and production. Sounds contemporary, fresh and exciting and certainly the best solo work album from the Captain.
on 11 January 2013
brilliant album one of Dave Brocks best ever any die hard Hawkwind fan should have this. a definite must buy :)
on 28 May 2013
Bought this album expecting the usual high standard Hawkwind material and was extra impressed by the variety and quality. Dare I say it, Dave Brock is better solo?!
Well worth purchasing this and very memorable.
on 2 December 2014
Some reasonable tracks but not a classic by any means.