on 28 February 2013
My first experience of this type of headphone was on Sydney harbor bridge tour some years ago.
Loving new gadgets and looking for a replacement ear buds for cycling I was keen to try these when I spotted them.
They work well giving you other traffic sounds at road junctions etc.
There was a reasonable improvement in wind noise which was a problem with the conventional ear buds around the 20mph speeds.
Above 30mph (down hill for me) wind noise is a problem when trying to listen to audio.
For the reasons I brought them they work well.
on 14 December 2012
I bought these for an up coming ski holiday. I like to listen to tunes on the slopes, but I also like to hear other skiers approaching, so the open ear aspect appealed. I have yet to test them on the mountain in cold conditions but have tested them elsewhere and have these findings. 1) you definitely can hear the outside world whilst wearing these. 2) the outside world can definitely hear your tunes. ( think early eighties Walkman headphones up loud ) 3) the battery/controller/mic is heavy considering its position along the cord. But if you use the clip you should not have an issue. 4) the battery lasts forever! This must be nuclear powered Nd I have only charged it once and had it nearly 4 weeks now 5) they are water/sweat resistant. These have been spinning at least 5 times and survived well. 6) they make my ears/face hurt if worn for long periods. I tried to wear them for a whole day and by the third hour I became aware of an ache near to my ear, by the 4th hour I had to take them off as it became quite uncomfortable. 7) the bass is not brilliant. I'm an audiophile, and have lots of headphones, some costing as much as £500 for a single pair, so these I would class these as cheap at £70. And they perform well for the price... Oddly enough they sound quite amazing when you block your ears ( so a cheap pair of ear plugs 20p for when you don't require the outside world to be included into your listening experience and these perform as good as a pair of headphones at three time their cost. On balance ... For safety and sounds at the same time ... No question a perfect solution!
on 3 April 2014
After a few hours testing I like it and would use it for biking but... It's size is a bit small and I have a short neck and a bit larger than average head (beecoz I are smarrt!) and the headphones only fits my head when I push it at the back with my hands or not caring about what people will think and I use it the other way around, the strap being under my nose :)
But my wife who has normal proportion given from neck and head loves it with her exercises! You can really hear everything around you which means you can run/bike safely or even have a conversation with someone while listening to your favourite tunes. And that is the purpose of this headset, not the crystal clear full audio spectrum HI-FI quality sound.
The sound quality is kind of average, I would say it's better than the ones from the 99p stores but a bit worse than the ones coming with your new phone :) It lacks the bass a lot and transfers the highs the best. If you move the slider in the EQ you would not really notice the change with the bass but would definitely notice the change at highs. So if you like drum and bass like me this one is not the headphones to enjoy the music. But what it does is giving you a nice background music for you while you can still keep the awareness of your surroundings (like traffic when you're on your bike).
I would definitely give it a five star and highly recommend it and would also buy a second pair for myself if it would fit me, but because of it's discriminating ergonomics against smart people :P I deduct a star... and I think I will give a try to the Panasonic one which seems larger and also wireless but unfortunately way more expensive...
on 18 April 2014
I was sceptical about these and they're not cheap but decided to try them. Am glad I did. I don't think it's a good idea to wear any kind of headphones on busy main roads so wouldn't recommend them to anyone doing this, but if like me you tend to cycle on very quiet roads and cycle paths and your only concern is hearing other cyclist or the odd car they're great.
Sound quality is not too bad but can't be as good as in ear ones of course but that's not what they are being used for. The other good thing is the ability to answer calls if necessary through them.

Overall - good battery, easy to use, very pleased.
on 26 October 2013
Had numerous headphones for running and cycling over the past twelve years but always had problems with them coming out of my ears....had almost given up when my husband bought a pair of these. I tried them and absolutely love them... So I bought a pair too. They don't budge with the added bonus of allowing you to hear traffic...definitely recommend them.
on 2 March 2015
Much better sound than anticipated, as confirmed by my partner. I have a bone anchored hearing aid (BAHA) and now get stereo sound as sound goes directly to the inner ear, bypassing the middle bit, which I can't achieve through ordinary headphones due to my dysfunctional right ear!
on 21 February 2013
I bought the original version with v limited controls on the box which meant I had to root around in my cycling vest pocket for my phone to control it. This did away with the safety features. Fortunately for me it packed up under warranty with known problem. The M2 is great. Decent controllers. Easy to answer phone.
Another advantage to not putting the ear phones in the ear canal for antisocial types like me who go round at age 63 plugged in at all times is that I have had fewer ear infections
Brill all round
on 26 January 2013
The microphone on it is not very good.
Had the mic, been better it would have gotten 5 stars!

Would have been nice if they included a 'splitter' for the Cellphone mini jack.
So the microphone and headphones both could be used on a computer, instead of just the headset :-)

Other then that awesome product!
on 14 December 2014
Maybe 50% bone conduction, 50% through air. Lacking bass. You can hear your environment, and that is the point having these.
on 10 January 2013
I have updated my review to be more complete. It is now a blog post at

I think they are excellent for speech and background music but the weak bass and stereo problems suggest that they should not be your only set of headphones if you are anything of an audiophile.