5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Break...
Prison Break is one of the one most exciting shows to hit TV in recent years. I am a big fan of 24, but in the last few seasons have began to repeat themselves and become a bit stale. Prison Break is the exact opposite.

Published on 10 July 2009 by Dom

2.0 out of 5 stars Michael the Magician.
Warning : Contains spoilers.

I've not seen a programme break as many basic laws of physics and chemistry as Prison Break does. So much so, it's insulting.

I'm not going to give it one star as there are some genuinely tense moments in the show. It is better than than one star (but not by much). So two stars it is.

The tension that is very...
Published 11 days ago by E. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Break..., 10 July 2009
Dom (Kent, England) - See all my reviews

If you don't know Prison Break (I won't put in spoilers) - Michael Scofield gets himself sent to Prison in order to break out his brother from the inside, who Michael believes has been falsely convicted of murder. A cat and mouse game them ensues as the brothers try to clear their names.

It is one of the most compelling tv shows I have ever watched and takes me back to thos early seasons of 24, when it was fresh and exciting. However, Prison Break manages to maintain this suspense through all 4 seasons.

The DVD boxset is excellently presented, comprising all 4 seasons including the feature length final episode. It contains all the dvds you would find in the individual season boxsets, so for special features please see the individual seasons pages.

This is one of the best dvd purchases I have made. Once you reach the end you will want to go back to the start to remember how it all began. And you will be hooked all over again. This is a show you can watch over and over again (I'm on my 3rd run through now).

To summarise, for 50, you will not find a more exciting dvd package. The only downside to this show is that it has ended.

Addition - In answer to a lot of questions on the board, The Final Break IS included in this boxset. It is in with the season 4 dvds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of suspense!, 23 Sep 2012
Got about a series and a half through this when it was out but thought I would revisit it when i saw it on Amazon for just 48!! Now back up to almost 100, glad I purchased and now enjoying at least a couple of episodes a night! Great series and the first season is just brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 4 Feb 2011
cant stand watching any series when its on tv.
got the box set at an amazing low price.
Best series i watched for years.
on the last few episodes now, gutted its nearly over.........

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good bits, some amazing bits, some terrible bits, 10 Jun 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm a copywriter by day and although a different discipline, I remember watching this thinking - wow... the people who wrote this, hat's off to them. It must have a been a nightmare. All the little details in the plans; the research involved. In all honesty this series is quite a feat.

I'm a fan of box sets as I hate having to wait a whole week to see what happens next, and I had been waiting for this box set for a long time. When I saw it in my local HMV for about 40 I thought I'd buy it. I watched the whole thing over 3 days when I was holed up in bed, off work ill, when all that swine flu thing broke out (whatever happened to that? Wasn't it meant to be, like, the end of the world or something) and I wasn't disappointed.

The formula and story is simple: The lead character - Michael - is a genius and has a brother in jail. He's convinced he's innocent and so gets himself thrown in jail so he can break him out with a fiendishly clever and intricate plan that he has put together. And this is basically the premise for the whole show; they get in a tight spot - Michael the genius has to figure a way out and does so using his superior brain to outsmart enemies, form plans and manufacture all kinds of bizarre tools, bombs, decoys and other cool stuff.

On the whole, the series is good. Perhaps not amazing, but good. It starts as the name suggests in a prison but by the end of the series you're in a completely different world; a world of shadowy government agencies, military corporations and private armies etc; the story certainly manages to evolve well and keeps you wanting to know more and more - more so than a lot of other shows - with little glimpses of the unfolding story here and there with new threads and characters being introduced teasingly and very well.

The twists are good and work well, the characters complex and believable, and on the whole, the series is fairly believable too - you have to take one or two leaps of the imagination here and there perhaps, but there's a fairly plausible feel about things overall. I at no point found myself going -'' yeah, right...''

A few things did annoy me though. That was Michael's brother, Linc's, exceedingly huge head (I don't know why but it really bugged me - particularly when he had to wear baseball caps that didn't fit - the strap at the back straining on the last notch) and unfortunately some of the acting. Namely again Michael's brother Linc and also Tea Bag's annoying southern drawl, which I found rather put on.

So what can you expect for your money? Well the 90 odd quid I see here is perhaps a bit excessive, but if you get it for around the 40 mark like I did, you'll get your moneys worth and then some. Season 1 is very good and sets things up nicely. Season 2 is a bit of a let down, and gets a bit boring. It'll leave you slightly nervous the series might have peaked and it doesn't really feel like a series (it was more of a transition for me - I think this stage of the story should have been condensed into a 4 series special or a movie or something) but Holly Vallance is in it, so that helps, and it's a necessary evil to set things up for season 3, which soon gets things back on track. Season 3 is excellent again and then there's season 4... Season 4 honestly has one or two episodes which are borderline the best thing I've ever seen on TV. The final plan or set piece is staggeringly complex so I won't give anything away and spoil it - but the amount of detail in some of the plans, the last one in particular.... wow... just... wow... better than Hollywood and Mission Impossible.

I refer you back to my opening sentences. The guys who wrote this have done an incredible job; the story, the plans, the details and planning involved in them are just incredible. This is Mc Guyver on steroids and the A-team multiplied by a thousand combined with Clint Eastwood's escape from Alcatraz and Tango & Cash... you'll know what I mean when you start watching. The writers deserve 5 stars, the series deserves 5 stars but for some reason I'm gonna give it 4. I blame Linc's Massive head.

If this was helpful at all please give it the thumbs up

2.0 out of 5 stars Michael the Magician., 20 July 2014
E. Jones (Dudley, West Midlands United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break - Complete Season 1-4 (New Packaging) [DVD] (DVD)
Warning : Contains spoilers.

The tension that is very nicely built up however is resolved by the most implausible situations and stupid character decisions you will ever witness in a programme. There is only one clever person in the show (and boy, do they love to keep reminding you) which is fair enough, were it not for the complete disregard of science that he employs; instead seemingly using magic as a substitute. They should have called him Merlin rather than Michael.

Three examples (Spoilers):

They use peroxide to bleach their shirts white. Even if that were possible (which it isn't), five minutes later the shirts are dry and in no way need ironing.

They fill a hole in a small room with concrete and put a rug over the top of it. The next morning there is no smell of concrete in the room and there are no bits in the air from the concrete mix. Both of these you may be able to explain away as there is other work going on in the room, however when the rug is removed the next morning you can't see the join in the floor and (and this is the killer) the rug hasn't stuck to the now dry concrete.

He uses a spotlight to project a picture onto a wall in order to know where to drill carefully without the wall falling down. Fair enough.. except that the projection still shows on the wall when he is standing right between it and the spotlight. The dude is that clever, light literally bends round him.

Ignoring the fact he can move a toilet connected to water pipes away from a wall without water pumping out all over the place, I wanted to like Prison Break. There was so much potential. Things like the above really do test my intelligence though and make me want to switch off. Out of respect and in the hopes it would improve I finished the first season but I've heard it gets worse as the next three seasons go on, so I wont be watching any more. Which is a shame as I don't like giving up on something. Trouble is, I couldn't care what happens to any of the characters.

Finally, my science GCSE results would have improved immeasurably had I had Michael Scofield as my science teacher. Not because I knew any more actual science, just that his version of science, where anything goes, would be so much more fun and enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best TV show in the world!, 20 July 2014
This has got to be the best TV show I have ever watched everything about it was amazing and exciting from the storyline to the prison plot, this show has amazing actors like wentworth miller and Dominic percell who deserved an oscar for their performance. The person behind this show is truly gifted the way these inmates break out of the prison it is so smart and clever and each episode keeps you hooked you just want to see what is going to happen next this makes you want to keep watching plus each episode ends with an amazing cliffhanger. The show basically starts out with Michael schofield played by wentworth miller who gets himself put in jail to break out his brother Lincoln burrows played by Dominic Purcell who is an innocent man and who had been put on death row for a crime he did not commit which was killing the Vice Presidents brother but along the way they make new friends in the prison and some enimies like the baddie t-bag who you love to hate, when they do escape they are on the run for quite some time and the whole season it just fantastic there is not one dull season out of the 4 and I wish they had made more because now that's I've watched it all I don't know what do do next the ending was amazing and lived up to expectations plus it did not let the series down, I cannot recommend this highly enough anyone who loves a good drama watch this you will not regret it it's FAB!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars dodgy discs, 6 Jun 2014
I love prision break, watched it a few times on sky but my other half had never seen it so decided to buy the box set. And the new packaging one was at a great price, its nice and compact with all the dvds in one box,opens like a book. And has the final break included
BUT...... towards the end of the 1st season we noticed the picture would freeze then jump at little, we didnt think much of it until it started happening more. maybe cheap over produced discs.
Id give the show itself 100 stars but the quality of the discs is poor thats why ive rated 3

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 * value, 6 May 2014
I love prison break and i managed to get this at 22 a right bargain. Where you have to pay over 40 for 1 series alone, The Final Break IS in this box set so while its 22 i'd grab a bargain now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant... Except season 3, 18 Jan 2013
Loved watching it on tv and was thrilled to get the complete box set! Season 3 is a bit dull compared to the other seasons but 1,2,4 and the final break outweigh that disappointment. Great case that it comes in as it is easy to flip through (although some of the plastic on mine was broken).

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST BUY!, 12 Sep 2012
Fantastic Boxset....a must have for all fans of the show. It also includes the "Final Break" Episodes at the end of season 4!

Prison Break - Complete Season 1-4 (New Packaging) [DVD]