5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Break...
Prison Break is one of the one most exciting shows to hit TV in recent years. I am a big fan of 24, but in the last few seasons have began to repeat themselves and become a bit stale. Prison Break is the exact opposite.

Published on 10 July 2009 by Dom

3.0 out of 5 stars okay
I think in some ways this is a good season. but it also has a lot of bad points in if you like the characters to live through the program this is not the one for you. as I have unfortunately found out.
Published 11 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The Final Break..., 10 July 2009
Dom (Kent, England) - See all my reviews

If you don't know Prison Break (I won't put in spoilers) - Michael Scofield gets himself sent to Prison in order to break out his brother from the inside, who Michael believes has been falsely convicted of murder. A cat and mouse game them ensues as the brothers try to clear their names.

It is one of the most compelling tv shows I have ever watched and takes me back to thos early seasons of 24, when it was fresh and exciting. However, Prison Break manages to maintain this suspense through all 4 seasons.

The DVD boxset is excellently presented, comprising all 4 seasons including the feature length final episode. It contains all the dvds you would find in the individual season boxsets, so for special features please see the individual seasons pages.

This is one of the best dvd purchases I have made. Once you reach the end you will want to go back to the start to remember how it all began. And you will be hooked all over again. This is a show you can watch over and over again (I'm on my 3rd run through now).

To summarise, for 50, you will not find a more exciting dvd package. The only downside to this show is that it has ended.

Addition - In answer to a lot of questions on the board, The Final Break IS included in this boxset. It is in with the season 4 dvds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of suspense!, 23 Sep 2012
Got about a series and a half through this when it was out but thought I would revisit it when i saw it on Amazon for just 48!! Now back up to almost 100, glad I purchased and now enjoying at least a couple of episodes a night! Great series and the first season is just brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good bits, some amazing bits, some terrible bits, 10 Jun 2010
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm a copywriter by day and although a different discipline, I remember watching this thinking - wow... the people who wrote this, hat's off to them. It must have a been a nightmare. All the little details in the plans; the research involved. In all honesty this series is quite a feat.

I'm a fan of box sets as I hate having to wait a whole week to see what happens next, and I had been waiting for this box set for a long time. When I saw it in my local HMV for about 40 I thought I'd buy it. I watched the whole thing over 3 days when I was holed up in bed, off work ill, when all that swine flu thing broke out (whatever happened to that? Wasn't it meant to be, like, the end of the world or something) and I wasn't disappointed.

The formula and story is simple: The lead character - Michael - is a genius and has a brother in jail. He's convinced he's innocent and so gets himself thrown in jail so he can break him out with a fiendishly clever and intricate plan that he has put together. And this is basically the premise for the whole show; they get in a tight spot - Michael the genius has to figure a way out and does so using his superior brain to outsmart enemies, form plans and manufacture all kinds of bizarre tools, bombs, decoys and other cool stuff.

On the whole, the series is good. Perhaps not amazing, but good. It starts as the name suggests in a prison but by the end of the series you're in a completely different world; a world of shadowy government agencies, military corporations and private armies etc; the story certainly manages to evolve well and keeps you wanting to know more and more - more so than a lot of other shows - with little glimpses of the unfolding story here and there with new threads and characters being introduced teasingly and very well.

The twists are good and work well, the characters complex and believable, and on the whole, the series is fairly believable too - you have to take one or two leaps of the imagination here and there perhaps, but there's a fairly plausible feel about things overall. I at no point found myself going -'' yeah, right...''

A few things did annoy me though. That was Michael's brother, Linc's, exceedingly huge head (I don't know why but it really bugged me - particularly when he had to wear baseball caps that didn't fit - the strap at the back straining on the last notch) and unfortunately some of the acting. Namely again Michael's brother Linc and also Tea Bag's annoying southern drawl, which I found rather put on.

So what can you expect for your money? Well the 90 odd quid I see here is perhaps a bit excessive, but if you get it for around the 40 mark like I did, you'll get your moneys worth and then some. Season 1 is very good and sets things up nicely. Season 2 is a bit of a let down, and gets a bit boring. It'll leave you slightly nervous the series might have peaked and it doesn't really feel like a series (it was more of a transition for me - I think this stage of the story should have been condensed into a 4 series special or a movie or something) but Holly Vallance is in it, so that helps, and it's a necessary evil to set things up for season 3, which soon gets things back on track. Season 3 is excellent again and then there's season 4... Season 4 honestly has one or two episodes which are borderline the best thing I've ever seen on TV. The final plan or set piece is staggeringly complex so I won't give anything away and spoil it - but the amount of detail in some of the plans, the last one in particular.... wow... just... wow... better than Hollywood and Mission Impossible.

I refer you back to my opening sentences. The guys who wrote this have done an incredible job; the story, the plans, the details and planning involved in them are just incredible. This is Mc Guyver on steroids and the A-team multiplied by a thousand combined with Clint Eastwood's escape from Alcatraz and Tango & Cash... you'll know what I mean when you start watching. The writers deserve 5 stars, the series deserves 5 stars but for some reason I'm gonna give it 4. I blame Linc's Massive head.

If this was helpful at all please give it the thumbs up

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 4 Feb 2011
cant stand watching any series when its on tv.
got the box set at an amazing low price.
Best series i watched for years.
on the last few episodes now, gutted its nearly over.........

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome series that gets you hooked, 28 Dec 2009
Mr. Pa Wallis - See all my reviews
I was given prison break for christmas and started to watch it from start to
finish the show gets you drawn in so you have to carry on watching to the end
I am not a great fan of us tv shows apart from miami vice in the 80's
I NEVER watched it when it was on sky one but I read the reviews and they all
came up with the same answers GET IT !!!!
what a fantastic show

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 30 Nov 2009
Mr. RIH RAMSBOTTOM (UK) - See all my reviews
The item is awsome, I saw most of the first two series while at university. Now when an episode finishes I can just put on the next without having to wait a week to know what happened. Gripping and intelegent series, only problem was that some of the caseing was broken when I recieved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ., 14 Dec 2011
Brilliant series, I am yet to watch series four but I have loved all of the others. Wenworth Miller is worth five stars alone!! The story is excellent and keeps you gripped all the way through, they should show more programmes like this on the tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant... Except season 3, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Prison Break - Complete Season 1-4 (New Packaging) [DVD] (DVD)
Loved watching it on tv and was thrilled to get the complete box set! Season 3 is a bit dull compared to the other seasons but 1,2,4 and the final break outweigh that disappointment. Great case that it comes in as it is easy to flip through (although some of the plastic on mine was broken).

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST BUY!, 12 Sep 2012
Fantastic Boxset....a must have for all fans of the show. It also includes the "Final Break" Episodes at the end of season 4!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, 22 Aug 2009
Absolutely the best value for money set of CDs available today. (& I've bought LOTS)
The plot has been well covered so all I'll add is that the unexpected twists and turns are guaranteed to keep you up very late, the scriptwriters did an awesome job, this series is breathtaking from start to finish.
BUY IT!