5.0 out of 5 stars My new best buddy in the kitchen!
Ok, for the least 6 years maybe I went through about 6 various Aerolatte handheld wizzy whisk. They all broke eventually, I had enough. Time to Invest in this beauty.Read so many great reviews on amazon etc..
(got mine in JL, guaranteed 2 yrs at John Lewis):)

What do I love about it: everything.
- SILENT, EASY WAY OF FROTHING MILK : YOU POUR HOW MUCH...
Published 16 months ago by FXLXOX

2.0 out of 5 stars Not hot enough
Published 4 months ago by L Saunders

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best buddy in the kitchen!, 10 Dec. 2013
FXLXOX (london, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
(got mine in JL, guaranteed 2 yrs at John Lewis):)

What do I love about it: everything.
- SILENT, EASY WAY OF FROTHING MILK : YOU POUR HOW MUCH MILK YOU NEED, PUT LID ON AND PRESS PLAY:) READY BEFORE YOU EVEN GOT KETTLE TO BOIL, AND CUPS READY. I use a silicone mini-spatula (for brushing egg on tarts) if froth is left at bottom, but give a swirl when lid still on, before pouring and it won't stay inside so much.
- EASY TO CLEAN> WHEN FROTH IS USED, PUT SOME WATER IN IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WASH UP STRAIGHTAWAY SO IT'S EASIER TO CLEAN LATER. TAKE OUT WHEEL. POUR OUT WATER IN SINK (CAREFULLY) AND WITH SOFT SPONGE CLEAN INSIDE IN 2 STROKES. DONE. NO NEED FOR ANY CLEANING LIQUIDS. WIPE WITH MICROFIBER CLOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE TO KEEP IT BLACK AND SMEAR-FREE.:)
- NO BATTERIES NEEDED
- I USE COLD SEMI SKIMMED MILK CRAVENDALE. The best froth is when Using not to the maximum but nearer minimum (for one person). But I recommend also for Hot chocolates too but you may need 2 trips to do 2 people's cups.
-MOST IMPORTANTLY THIS MAKES A BEAUTIFUL HOT FROTH. I use it 2 to 3 times a day:) My kettle is the SMART KETTLE SAGE by Heston Blumenthal. Well worht the extra ££ too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius product! Perfect froth every time!, 1 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this after working my way through several 'manual' Bodum frothers and non-branded equivalents, along with some useless battery consuming, whizzing whisk contraptions and a stainless steel stove stop frother. I thought it was a bit expensive but I would give it a go. It is AMAZING! Bung your milk in, press the button and within 2 minutes you have perfect hot spoonable froth, enough for 2 generous cappuccinos. It suggests skimmed milk and having experimented with all types it is definitely better the 'thinner' the milk. I have also found that less is more. It is better to do two 'froths' rather than one big one if you need more quantity. Also the second go is marginally quicker as the machine is warm. It has a cold froth option which works equally as well and a heat only option. The only improvement might be the addition of a 'spout' as the rim is perfect circle which makes pouring take some practise. All in all a brilliant product which I whole-heartedly recommend. Delivered in the usual faultless Amazon way. Five Stars All Round!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Overall I am very satisfied with the product, the aesthetics of the Milk Frother are quite appealing and the product has a sturdy, well manufactured feel. The primary function of this item for me is the heated milk (unfrothed) as making hot drinking chocolate can be a long process in order to avoid curdling, in that respect this item is perfect. I can now leave the milk to heat up without having to stir at all. Essentially this item is a kettle for milk in my kitchen but I have used the other setting and the cold frothed milk setting is good for stirring in the chocolate powder into the milk before heating them together.

I have noticed a few reviews of these types of milk heating kettles and there is often a problem with burning of the milk, I have not found this to be a problem and would recommend cleaning the product between each use even if you are using it immediately after the first use, simply wiping the inside clean should suffice. There is also a recommended cool down time between each use of 2 minutes which again I normally stick to.

If I could change one thing about this product it would be the size/amount of milk that you can heat. It's a shame that there is only room for one (large) hot chocolate with each use but they certainly don't mislead you into thinking it can cope with more therefore I can't complain. I also think that it would be difficult to heat any more milk than this device can hold without changing the heating mechanism or source.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to make barista style drinks efficiently at home!

5.0 out of 5 stars Milk Frother, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Great product ...... Produces hot frothy milk within minutes.
Simple and easy to use.
Looks good ... Compact and sleek

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, clean. Fine bubble froth, 24 Dec. 2012
Diet Junkie (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
The five star rating was chosen because it is very easy to use, easy to clean and gives a fine bubble froth. I would recommend the milk frother, A pouring lip would make it that bit easier to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not hot enough, 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Loved The idea of this so brought one. However some issues, only makes one mug (probably should have checked measurements) froth is amazing but milk is only luke warm. Don't know about everyone else but i want a hot latte not warm. Can't reheat it again either as the inbuilt thermostat won't let you. Such a Shame if it heated tova higher temp would have been better. Had to return for this reason

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish quality, 6 April 2014
James L (Northants, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Blew up after 2 months use. I've noticed I'm not the only one with this problem. Just totally dead to the world. Also operation (when it worked!) was not the best as it was too easy to press the wrong number of times and end up with over-frothed or under-frothed and was a pain to wash out as the non-stick coating meant you had to be careful to only use soft implements to clean it/empty it of froth.

Would not recommend to anyone. Very disappointed that it has the Dualit name but not the quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't froth enough, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I do like most things about this frother. Compact, easy to clean and heats milk fast for a cappacino or latte, no hanging around waiting for it. Only one main niggle - the froth it delivers just isn't firm enough, and put some choccy powder on top and it just gives up and disappears. I would have thought for the price that it could at least deliver really firm coffee, as per a café. Must admit that is the one disappointment for me, otherwise it works well, but NOT delivering what I bought it for

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this after my aerochinno died (several years old) and never really rated the thicker froth (even on the non froth button) the dualit produces by comparison but got used to it. Then it died after only 6 months. Dualit offered me a replacement - i would have to return at my own cost and didn't really want something that is not built to last. Amazon gave a blinding refund service, processing a credit there and then and a postage paid courier service for me to return the item. Am now looking out for the best replacement model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Built to Last, 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black (Kitchen & Home)
Same experience as Mr R . Lasted just 12 months and 2 weeks, therefore out of guarantee. In addition, it was not used more than twice a week, so would certainly advise against buying this product as clearly not built to lady.

Dualit 84145 Milk Frother, Black