5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, really gripping
I'm another one that got this book cheaply on the kindle but I would happily pay full price and have now gone and got other things from the same author.

It had me gripped from the start and I struggled to put it down. While I guessed part of who was involved, there were still enough twists to keep me guessing and reading to the end. Would definitely recommend.
Published 20 months ago by Carrie

3.0 out of 5 stars good story but could have been better exploited
This started well enough and there were some cliffhangers in the storyline, but the perpetrator was fairly obvious from the beginning, there could have been better red herrings! The end was a little weak, although the outcome was as one would have wished.
Published 20 months ago by A. Brook

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, really gripping, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sara's Game: Book One (The Sara Winthrop Series 1) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 28 Oct 2012
Katie85 (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I found this story to be very pacy - the events take place over the course of one day - which is good for a story of this type. You can get into the story very quickly and I only needed a few sittings to finish this book.

The narrating alternates between Sara, the title character and the victim, and Detective Johnson, who is one of the officers investigating the disappearance of Sara's children. This allows us to see the same crime from two different perspectives, although their stories of how they come to the same answers and how they reach them is different. There are some predictable outcomes - both from realising who the villian actually is and who the villian can't be - but there are still some unexpected twists and turns so I was able to keep reading.

This book was free on the Kindle market when I purchased this, but I would have been happy to pay. I will read it again at some point and I will see what else the author has to offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced, 11 Nov 2012
I liked that this book got straight into the story without any unnecessary fluff at the beginning. The only downside of that was there wasn't enough time to introduce lots of characters and therefore it didn't take much thinking about to work out the villain. However I was gripped and finished the book within a few days.

A good enjoyable read for a freebie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 Nov 2012
AD (Hereford, England) - See all my reviews
Well written - catches your imagination from the first chapter. If you like a book with twists and turns this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good free read!, 17 Oct 2012
I won't bother with a synopsis, but this book had me gripped from the start! Although it was very easy to work out the villain in the story, Sara's journey from start to end was very well written and was also very chilling!
A must read for anyone who enjoys something a bit different from the usual romance novels and who wants something a bit more thrilling.
Only problem I have is that the ending could have been tied up just a little bit neater as I'm still working out the finer details!
Amazed that this book is free, so download it while you can.

3.0 out of 5 stars good story but could have been better exploited, 8 Nov 2012
A. Brook - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping storyline, 31 Oct 2012
I was lucky enough to get this on my kindle for free but would not be disappointed if I had paid for it. The storyline gripped me from the start and had me guessing the way the turns would go over and over and rarely predicting the right ending. Hard to put down and read it in just two sittings !

3.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 11 April 2014
A real page turner although very far fetched. It was nice to read something that didn't require too much thought.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 6 April 2014
Josh Harwood (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
On the whole this is a very good book, the story line is well thought our and keeps yoh guessing right to the end. I did however feel tha at parts it became slow an the story line became a little bit too complex, however by the climax of the vook everything is explained.

On the whole a very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014