Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 February 2013
Normally when you purchase a CD you pretty much expect all the music to revolve around one theme, like pop, or heavy metal, or dubstep. The Wreck it Ralph soundtrack has a bit more variety in which none if the original songs by popular artists match. I'm an avid listener to music, but I never really settle on one genre. I like to listen to all different types of music. Luckily for me this soundtrack hosted a small variety of songs for me. Not to mention the scores from the movie, which I also love to listen to while I work.
on 7 July 2013
Having seen this movie five times in the cinema (a record equalled only by the original Tron), I felt the need to get the album. I wasn't disappointed.

The track listing starts with the almost insanely uplifting "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City (which in the movie plays at the start of the credits, underlining the fact that you've just witnessed probably the most heartwarming final line ever), and then goes into "Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph" by Buckner & Garcia and then into the 1980s classic "Celebration (Album Version)" by Kool and The Gang and then "Sugar Rush" by AKB48 (which in-universe is the theme music for the game Sugar Rush Speedway). I was surprised by the latter because, although filed under "J-Pop", it's actually quite a credible rock number, especially in this full version (listen for the epic guitar riff towards the end). The other two licensed tracks are also great, as is most of Henry Jackman's score.

The one thing to beware of is that if you buy this album and listen to it, one or more (probably several) of the tracks *will* get firmly stuck in your head. Of course, this may not be such a bad thing...
on 18 February 2013
Having seen the film recently I was sold on the idea of buying the soundtrack as I quite enjoyed the film and, in watching the film, realised the music was very good. However, after buying this soundtrack my opinion has changed. There are certainly tracks I love (Bug Hunt by Skrillex and Sugar Rush by AKB48 being two of them) and was impressed to see artists such as Skrillex and AKB48 appear in such a mainstream movie, the former being a prominent dubstep artist and the latter being a J-Pop band, though I'm still impressed. My problem with it comes from the "quiet songs", the ones created by the composer of the film. While they're not bad and sound totally fine there's nothing very exciting about them, they sound very much like any other orchestral soundtrack, with very few remarkable tracks. Personally speaking it's good value, for teh amount of tracks you get, though don't expect this to become your favourite soundtrack.
on 14 December 2013
Fab...my little boy loved the songs on the movie, so when I came across the cd I had to buy it...not opened yet as is for a Christmas Present, but I am sure he will be very pleased
on 4 March 2013
While we have a few soundtracks from films or games littering the house, I don't tend to buy soundtracks on any kind of regular basis. However, as a fan of both Wreck-It Ralph and its main tracks (Sugar Rush, When Can I See You Again?, etc), I thought I'd give its background music a try. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Perfect for creative types who like inspirational instrumentals, fans of soundtracks in general and the main tracks are brilliant picks for fans of the film.
on 10 September 2015
Only 4 songs on this and then it's just computer game background music. Giving it 3 stars because of the 4 songs on it, my sons, aged 4 and 8 love them, and so do I so we do play it quite a bit. You're probably as well downloading them singly though, if you're a techier household than us.
on 12 August 2013
This gets played so much we may need to get another incase it wears out lol. Very catchy songs and little ones even like to guess those songs that are just score music to the scenes. Really liked the fact I could also download from amazon cloud to my ipad for free.
on 30 January 2014
It is amazing how well thought and put together this soundtrack is. The midi style music when the crew leaves the Anonymous Badass meeting and how it morphs into the high depth sound of the technology today is astounding. 5 stars everywhere.
on 12 September 2014
The best film Disney has done in years has music to match, this is well worth a buy to just listen to driving along in the car!
on 29 January 2014
Me and my kids loved the film and the music in it. This was a great addition to the film and is played constantly in my house.