5.0 out of 5 stars Wow I'm impressed, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Multiple Technologies Intelligent Air Purifier (Intelli-Pro) ST-3800A
This is a wonderful air filter! I've had simple hepa filters and ionic breeze's in the past and none can compare to this.

I originally got it when moving into my new office (roughly 25' x 25')I had to do a lot of demo/reconstruction to get rid of a previous mold problem. I decided to pick something up that would filter out the spores that would be inevitably be lingering. I can only assume that it functioned for this purpose as well as it has on everything else.

I usually keep it on AUTO mode (it goes AUTO, QUIET, LOW, MED, HIGH), which it mainly stays on QUIET. Auto is a neat mode that senses smells and particles and will adjust the air flow rate based on it. For example if I'm 15ft away, and I use hand sanitizer, this thing picks it up about 30 seconds later and kicks into high mode (as a detected smell) - it always makes me chuckle. Depending how well the room is ventilated and size, it also detects smoke very similarly - although it seems not quite as easily as the alcohol hand sanitizer. Other things like air fresheners, general stink from work out or shop clothes, mildew smells - all seem to set it off. I've also used it while doing light sanding/finishing, dusting/vacuuming, powder insecticides, all were picked up as particles in the air and again AUTO mode auto adjusted the air speed.

I've had it for about 6months now, I clean all of the filters in it about once every couple weeks. It's pretty easy to rinse them all down (all but the HEPA/carbon). I usually take a lightly damp paper towel and kind of dust off any caked on filth on the carbon/hepa filter. I haven't had to replace the HEPA yet, I probably will around the 1yr mark.

It still does an exceptional job of keeping odors out and getting rid of them in my office, usually only takes it about 15minutes really to get rid of the majority of any odor that was lingering in the room (say if it were previously off). If I leave it off for several hours or longer and turn it on, it usually starts off detecting higher levels of dust and smell, showing that it hopefully really is keeping it down. I can tell you with all the wood furniture and electronics I have in this room, I've never had to dust/clean so less before. You can see it when you rinse off the filters, amazing what I would've been breathing in!

Besides the 7 layers of air filtration shown in its raw performance afore mentioned, there were two other major deciding points for me when picking this one - that I can now confirm after owning it:

1) Little to no ozone smell from the ionizer. I can shut the doors and turn off the hvac system and leave this on low, come back in the room and barely if at all sense the ozone smell. It is equivalent to the amount that my bathroom ionic breeze had that was about 1/20th the size. I used to have one of the cheap breezes in my bedroom and I believe it was a cause of my increase in headaches for the time, not to mention it is just plain annoying to the senses.

2) The sound. Water cooling several PC's, low flow fans, sound proofing, all done to keep a very quiet office. I didn't want any single devices emitting a noise louder then 10-15dB. While I don't have a sound meter that reads that low to give you good results, I can tell you from several other rated fans and devices I have it seems to be right around there on quiet mode. From 5ft away it's really difficult for anyone to hear it. On low mode it is acceptable (if you don't mind a little white noise or have something else that has your ears, like music/movie), probably around 20-25db. Medium and High are both fairly loud and I'm glad auto only turns it up that much on rare/smelly situations for a short period of time.

All in all a great filter, that works very well, and that I've recommended to several people.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the dust from building up!, 9 May 2014
I have 2 of these. Both run all day and all night. They collect a large amount of dust and so far cleaned them out once after 2 months ownership. Easy to clean with a car vac.

They pretty much run on silent all the time unless they detect an odour. As soon as they do they go mental for about 30 mins and then resume their silent mode. Can be a bit much when watching TV but you simply use the remote to set them to silent manually from the Auto mode they are in.

The definitely reduce the dust build up in the house.

I have never seen the allergy or dust lights come on as of yet only the odour one. Hayfever season is imminent so we shall see how they cope in the summer as I get severe attacks of hayfever mid July.

Would recommend to anyone who wants a dust reducer and they definitely detect even the slightest odour in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars clean air at last, 28 Jun 2014
I have this in my bedroom, works like a treat. I agree with all the positive articles others have written. This really works. Ihave had it for only a few days but very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best item I ever bought, 25 Mar 2014
I use this air purifier for few months already and I just love it! It's much better than others I got before. It's doing its job wonderfull! Buy it - don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the market, 21 Feb 2013
I'll keep it short..There is a building site next to me at the moment and the dust on the televsion and window sills was a night mare even with all the windows kept shut..Bought this problem solved ..It even kicks in when you open a Orange up or if the dog walks in ..He needs a bath but normaly lives outside in his kennel but he is allowed to wander in for breakfast..

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well., 12 Feb 2014
This was purchased to replace a 10 year old model for which replacement filters are no longer available. It is slightly more bulky, in depth than its predecessor, and looks a bit "Cybreman" but it still fits our property without problem. We leave it on Auto setting where it is inaudible, and it spools up to a higher speed when needed. I have left it at 4 stars because the remote control feels slightly flimsy. Overall we are very satisfied with the purchase, and will update the review when we have done the first "clean out".

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps me with Allergies, 2 Nov 2013
I read the reviews and was hesitant to purchase because there were some bad review. My daughter has one with a large fury dog and thought it had helped so I went ahead and purchased it thinking I could always return it. The unit is quiet, effectively cleans allergens and odors, and helps with dust. I am considering purchasing another for my bedroom. It recently flashed the light to clean. When I opened the unit it was amazing to me how easy it was to take apart, clean, and put back together. I would definitely recommend.