5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible packaging, great honey
Published 6 months ago by Foreveracowgurl

3.0 out of 5 stars Organic Honey
I bought this honey many times and I liked it.But this time they sent me heated honey and I'm not satisfied. Looks like this honey quality getting worse.I like just good quality organic honey.
Published 1 month ago by gin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrible packaging, great honey, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
I buy this honey regularly in the smaller containers and enjoy it so I thought I'd buy a larger one for my upcoming mead-making experiment. The honey flavour is good, although this product is the 'clear' version and I normally order 'set'. Since this is for mead and still organic, I don't mind, but I do feel the 'set' has a better taste. The container is a bit annoying to open, but I just wedged a (dull) knife under the 'open' flap and pried it open that way. Wasn't any more effort than opening a tough jar. Definitely good quality honey, you can taste the difference from cheap brands!

Now... I order this 'Fulfilled by Amazon'. Ordinarily I have NO problems with such products, but this time turned out a bit rough. My first order, I noticed honey on the bottom of the box when I picked it up. I flipped it upside down and opened it and, sure enough, the container had busted. A crack around the bottom. There was a bit of paper thrown in the box, perhaps to take up extra space? It did a poor job. The honey was basically at the mercy of the delivery people. No 'fragile' or anything on the box and no protective wrapping. My husband was not happy and recommended I contact Amazon to return it in case there could be contamination.
So, I contacted Amazon and they were VERY quick to get back to me and despatch a new box with honey! Unfortunately, it just arrived today and this one was even worse. LARGE crack in the bottom of the container and honey was all over the inside of the box and dripping out the bottom. I think between the two of them I'll have one full container of honey... Definitely disappointed with the shipping and I won't be ordering this online again. The first delivery was by courier and the second by Royal Mail and I don't blame them, it's just a hard plastic container that needs more protection for Amazon to ship it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Pure Natural Honey, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Tropical Forest Set Honey is one of my favourite honeys and I have been buying it very often. This particular honey is pure, without sugar feeding and cold pressed. I haven't been buying it in such a large bulk, but to response to one of negative reviews, I would like to say, that crystallisation of honey is a natural process, which proves that honey hasn't been heated. The sweater nectar the more sugar will contain crystallised honey. It's wrong to throw honey into bin, because of the crystallisation. Crystallisation doesn't change honey valuable qualities. Honey could be softened in water bath. Honey temperature should be lower than 40C to avoid losing its valuable qualities. If I would buy honey in such a large bulk, I would transfer it into glass jars, since I believe, that it's not good idea to leave it in plastic container for too long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
This honey is fantastic value and smells like far-away places. I use a LOT of honey (in beauty products & smoothies mainly) and I've never come across a better priced option for raw honey. This product seems to be listed on amazon twice, for different prices, so make sure you do a search for 'Tropical Forest Organic Honey' to make sure you've selected the cheaper tub before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE best honey!!!, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Fantastic honey that is fabulous with pancakes,toast, in fact, anything!!!! Won't last long and I will soon be back for more!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah great but, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Hmm.... I bought this same product from Amazon but from a different supplier and it was better. It's still very good but this time it was more runny and the flavour was milder. Watered-down? I don't know if that's even possible but anyway, great stuff. I'll put it down to innocent variation at source this time and check the next batch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain but not always consistent texture, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Pros:
- price vs. quantity
- taste

Cons:
- sometimes it comes more runny and it doesn't crystallize in low temp as other honeys so I suspect it may be diluted.
- in the past we had to wait for it to become available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Great tasting Honey, a bit dissapointed, though, that less than 1 month when I look for a repeat order, it had gone up 3+.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
This is very good honey. It has a fantastic flavour and a little goes a long way, which is a good thing because I use it for drinks and cooking instead of sugar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
Got this massive tub a while back and totally love it. We use it for baking, breakfast and everything in between. Woody, smokey flavour is simply sublime

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Tasting Honey, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tropical Forest Organic Honey Tub 3.18 Kg (Grocery)
As an ex colonial I do appreciate what Wild Honey is all about because that is all I ever had even to the point that I used to get it directly from the hive itself. This Honey is excellent in all respects as I got it mainly for health reasons. However, I will be back for more as I have dished it out to family too who also enjoy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›