5.0 out of 5 stars Needs more recognition, 13 May 2013
J. S. Berry (Cowes, Isle of WIght) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ries: Piano Concertos (Introduction/ Rondeau) (Christopher Hinterhuber/ New Zealand Symphony/ Uwe Grodd) (Naxos: 8572742) (Audio CD)
I have recently "discovered" Ries through my love of Beethoven and am now building a collection of his music which seems to me very under rated. Great quality recording at a good price. I'm no musical scholar at all but I know what I like, and I like what I hear on these Naxos Reis discs.

4.0 out of 5 stars To Brighten my Day, 14 Dec. 2012
I heard this music whilst driving the car and had to refer to Classicfm playlist to track it down. It was easy thereafter---just press the 'buy' button and it was through the letter box. Wikipedia give the info on Ferdinand and his music. I was in a particularly happy state of mind and this melodic music matched my mood. Now every time I hear the CD I recall that mood,in particular the Introduction/Rondeau.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferdinand Ries (1734-1838) piano concertos, 12 Jan. 2014
N. A. Shaw (Bradford, UK) - See all my reviews
One of the many pianistic masterpieces composed by this inexplicably neglected composer/virtuoso. I must in due course obtain the other four volumes. The performances on this CD cannot be faulted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ries: another Beethoven, 28 Nov. 2013
Sent for this following David Mellor's show on Classic FM and I haven't stopped listening since. It is on the CD player in my car and helps me through my journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 1 Nov. 2012
What can one say about these works that has not already been said about the rest of the Ries repertoire. The more I hear of this music the more I like it. Delightful, shades of Beethoven, Schubert, et al. Highly listenable.

5.0 out of 5 stars heard this on classic f.m., 24 May 2013
Have it in the car, and play it every journey at the moment, then cant get it off my mind, humming it all night !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I thoroughly enjoy the CD, 1 Dec. 2014
Thomas F. Hornsby (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
Thank you Amazon for the service .I thoroughly enjoy the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable music, 10 Mar. 2014
Mrs. M. P. Page (UK) - See all my reviews
I like piano concertos and these are good ones by a recently rediscovered Composer. Try Classic FM for more good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Superb recording -beautiful piece of music