5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!
Published on 22 Oct. 2012 by Liz

3.0 out of 5 stars Rise and Fall Casey Kelleher
ALthough I continued to read it to the end, found that there were no surprises as the plot was quite predictable
Published on 2 Feb. 2013 by joe newman

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic read!, 22 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
Casey's first book 'Rotten to the core' was so good, I wondered if I would be disappointed with this, her second. But, once again, a totally gripping story from beginning to end. Fans of Mandasue Heller, martina cole and Kimberley Chambers will love this, but if you are taking it on a two week holiday, make sure you take another book because this one wont last long - once you open it, you wont want to put it down! I'm looking forward to the next book....

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant author earning her place!, 4 Dec. 2012
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
After reading Casey's debut novel Rotten to The Core I was really looking forward to her second book. Her first and second books were self-published and after her debut novel sold more than 20,000 copies (I'm not surprised there) she was `snapped up' by an agency (yay). Her first book was really good and you could tell that she was aiming for the same type of feel to her books as some of the bigger British Crime legends such as Mandasue Heller, Kimberley Chambers and Martina Cole. The writing was good, the story was great and overall it took me now time to finish.

When I started her new book I have to be honest and say I wondered if she could produce second good book. Was it a one off her original book, or would she rise to the occasion. Thankfully <clapping hands in glee> Casey Kelleher has produced a book that is better than the first! Jamie Finch is a fifteen year old that leaves home and tries to make it on his own. He approached Gary West and a few years later we see him as an integral part of Gary's firm. Sadly for Gary and Jamie, Jerrell Morgan is the new kid on the block and he is causing havoc. Being born and raised in Jamaica, Jerrell has come to London to take out other firms and lead it all his was. He has no issues with doing things the hard and violent way and makes this known to everybody.

I have to say that I immediately loathed Jerrell and got a real sense of the danger lurking behind his personality. I found myself a few times leaning forward and turning my pages with a bit too much haste (I get like that when things get a bit tense)! The characters Casey has created are very believable and I liked the fact that we got to see the nicer side ti both Gary and Jaime. There was plenty of action and lots of dramatic events. One word of warning though, Casey does touch on a pretty sensitive subject in the book (hard to say what without spoilers) so if you are of the sensitive nature, please don't moan about it because I have warned you! Having said that, it's in keeping with the story and to be honest it just made me want a certain type of outcome even more!

Overall, I am thought this book was even better than her debut and think it won't be long before Casey can join the ranks amongst some of the other legends of British crime such as Lady Heller, Kim Chambers and Martina Cole. Casey, just keep `em coming and your fans will follow, just hurry up and get the next one written!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cracker from Ms Kelleher!, 23 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
Well what can I say?! Purchased this book Saturday morning and was immediately engrossed. Finished it by Saturday afternoon and was saddened at the fact that I will now have to wait for the next book!
You are immediately drawn in by the characters and storyline. I right away that Jamie had a lot to prove and loved the twist at the end. Watch out for Jerrell Morgan- now he is one nasty Yardie! Goosebumps galore!
Once again @caseykeller has outdone herself with this book--I only hope the next one is out sooner rather than later. Thank you Casey for such a fantastic read...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant on audio.., 25 Nov. 2014
I Love Reading "Vicki" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
After reading this book a few years ago and loving it. I was thrilled when I got the chance to listen to it on Audio.
Not being sure what to expect, I took my phone and headphones, on a walk, then took it to work, then It ended up going everywhere with me.
It was funny as although I had read the book, with it being a few years ago, I had forgotten a lot of what happened, and found listening to this, interesting and exciting.
Many kindle books have the text to speach enabled, and if you have ever listened to it, you will know it sounds very robotic and hard to follow.
This is not the case witht he audio version, it was like having someone with a great soothing voice follow me around reading to me. Great for when you want to read, but haven't got the chance to sit down. I'm now listening to this for the 2nd time while i get stuck into my housework.
The audio book is brilliant and I would love to listen to more books in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed "rotten to the core" (the authors 1st book) so couldn't wait for her next one. It didn't disappoint. Another book that I couldn't put down and read within 2 days! I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
I read a huge amount of books, this is only the 2nd book of Casey's I have found. I think she is an extremely talented author and will look for any more of her books. keep them coming Casey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A disturbingly refreshing alternative to a Martina Cole formula, 24 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Paperback)
This book is certainly in the Martina Cole mould, but without following the formulaic plot that Martina Cole seems to have fallen into. (I have been a Martina Cole fan since her first novel The Jump, but after a dozen plus books, they are all merging into the same plot).

Yes, the book concerns rival gangs, but the developing plotline in 'Rise and Fall' is not so much about the gang rivalry and the emergence of 'the Don' from with 'the family', covering the success of one gang over another, it is one more concerned with a disturbing case of child abuse.

The conquering gang in this case isn't the most sinister. The conquering gang actually comes down to one gang lieutenant who has a personal score to settle with the sinister gang leader of the more hard core gang. The more hard core gang in itself is not of the typical make-up of one from a Martina Cole novel.

I don't want to give too much away in the plot in this review, as other readers should enjoy the refreshingly alternative plot in the setting of the criminal underground, that is both disturbing and gripping.

Taking into account that this book is of the genre but not of the formula, and also contains a classic surprise twist in the tale at the end, 'Rise and Fall' is a must read for lovers of crime thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 26 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
this is the second book i have read and thoroughly enjoyed. Truly gripping unable to put down with all the twists and turns. Casey Kelleher is a fanstastic writer and cannot wait until her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and thrilling., 9 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
Another great book by Casey Kelleher. I found it hard to put down.
Again I was drawn into the story and caught up with the characters feeling what they were feeling. I also found myself thinking about the book during the day wondering what would happen next and sneaking off in work for a quick read. (shhhh)
I would have read it in one sitting if I could have.
I laughed, cried and gasped. I also nearly split my bottom lip I was chewing it in suspense so much.
Can not wait for book number 3. Casey is on my list of favourite authors.
Really recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Rise and Fall (Kindle Edition)
Another excellent read from Casey Kelleher, very gripping, infact I got so engrossed I couldn`t go to sleep until I`d finished it, so a bit bleary eyed the next morning! Looking forward to the next one.

Rise and Fall