Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 16 April 2013
Midnight Sacrifice is the highly anticipated follow up to Midnight Exposure and it was worth the wait!

I highly recommend reading them in order as they are not really stand alone novels. Midnight Sacrifice picks up the huge plot line left open in Midnight Exposure and brings it to a conclusion.

In Midnight Exposure we met Jayne who inardvertently put herself into the sights of a ritual killer, when she was kidnapped her brothers came to the rescue. Danny Sullivan had been medically discharged from the army and was suffering from PTSD when he went to try and save his sister, he ended up saving Mandy instead and unfortunately the killer escaped. Now four months later his sister isn't sleeping, she's plagued with nightmares as the police investigation has came to a stand still and she needs a resolution in order to get on with her life.

Danny returns to Maine with the intention of getting to the bottom of what is going on. When he encounters Mandy again there is an attraction there but he soon becomes aware that she is keeping secrets and possibly knows more than she has previously admitted to. Can he convince Mandy to trust him? People are disappearing again and suspicions are rife - can they get to the bottom of it before it's too late?

I loved this book, it had a little of everything and I was kept guessing until almost the end. Melinda paints a vivid picture with her writing and you can easily identify with the characters and see yourself living among them. I planned to read just a few chapters before bed but what actually happened was I read it until the last word - I just couldn't put it down, so much happens in this book emotionally I was a mess! there are more Sullivan's I wouldn't mind getting to know better.
on 4 May 2013
This is an enjoyable read and my first Kindle read- what a super introduction to Kindle reading: I am now completely hooked! I hadn't even realised it was the second part of a 2 parter until after I had finished it, as there were enough references to what had gone before woven into the story line to make it a super read on its own.
on 8 January 2014
After reading previous reviews I felt this book worth a read. I was disappointed then, to find that the plot far fetched and some of the dialogue and descriptions repeated throughout the book. For example being told constantly that 'cops don't believe in coincidence' as a bit off putting. Other examples are there but I won't labour the point.
Don't be too put off by the down side to this review - I did read both this book and it's sequel and found them pretty easy going apart from the above comments. However I'd agree with other reviewers I prefer a conclusion at the end of each book I read rather than being 'forced' to buy the next book to find out.
I got this book on 26th May 2014 as part of the Kindle Daily Deal.

This is the second book in Melinda Leigh's Midnight series and it's just as good as the first one. She continues to write a story that is gripping and suspenseful and is full of interesting twists, red herrings and snippets of history that tantalise as the story takes you to the woods of Maine. We reunite with the characters that we met in book 1 and stay with them as the story moves on. By this point, we definitely know who the bad guy is but who is his assistant and what are their motives?

This book has every emotion packed into it and I confess that I needed to get the dust out of my eyes towards the end but I shall say no more about that.

Although this is part of a series, it can also be read as a standalone however I would recommend that you read Midnight Exposure first, simply because it is just an excellent start to the series.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2013
There was a lot of back story that is condensed in to a few paragraphs, which I assume was a synopsis of the first book. Leigh summed up the previous book well as it didn't take too long and detract from this next instalment that I was on. I didn't feel I had missed out any not reading the first book.

I enjoyed the story, it moved along well and I liked how the relationship developed between Mandy and Danny. However, their relationship was the reason the book only got four stars. I hate it when characters are described as being perfect for each other and fit perfectly together physically, emotionally and mentally. When it is this sickly sweet it really puts me off. They can be compatible and have a lovely relationship, it just needs to stay believable.

The author must be doing something right though as I had a nightmare about witchcraft the night I finished the book!
on 2 March 2014
A very well written book. Tense right up to the end. I'll be reading the rest of her book soon.
on 13 January 2014
Loved the book. Hooked me early on and kept me going. A satisfying and well written read. Well done Melinda
on 11 February 2014
This is a great story, I enjoyed it from the first word to the last. I will be reading more by MELINDA LEIGH.
on 3 May 2013
This author is new to me and I found the story very enjkoyable and easy reading. Looking forward to the next one.
on 29 December 2015
This is the 2nd book in the Midnight series and focusses on Danny who returns to find Nathan to enable his sister to move forward with her life without fear. Danny suffers from PTSD following 2 tours in Afghanistan and also has nerve damage to his hand. Danny saved Mandy's life in book 1 and there is chemistry between the 2 of them. As with book 1 there are hidden secrets and lies to complicate things. Melinda develops the characters very well and manages to build suspense into every page. Excellent book I have already downloaded book 3