5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous
Published 20 months ago by I Am Tyler Durden

If you are looking for a relaxing, massage-type experience, click away from this page now - the Revitive does not pamper you, but rather gives you an electronic pummelling which leaves you feeling as though something tangible has happened to your feet and legs. So it's more medicinal/therapeutic than pleasurable.

The Revitive is very easy to use. Plug it in,...
Published 20 months ago by Kate

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not pleasurable but feels like it is actually doing something, 5 Dec 2012
Kate (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The Revitive is very easy to use. Plug it in, put your feet on the plates and adjust the intensity setting to the level you are comfortable with using "+" and "-" buttons which are large enough to be operated by toe-press (and can be adjusted at any time during the programme). My parents (in their 70s) have used the Revitive and found it quite straightforward to operate.

A 30-minute programme automatically begins, working different parts of your legs and feet. The intensity settings range from 1-50; I use it at level 20, which gives a sensation akin to pins and needles in the feet, and then proceeds to work the muscles in your calves. It's rather like having an iron cast clamped around your leg which squeezes and pummels different sections of them over the 30 minute programme - almost (but not quite) like an attack of cramp. It is fascinating to experience and watch, as you can actually see your calves jumping up and down to the Revitive's tune.

It's an indication of the (dis)comfort of the experience that I could not use it at any level above 20; my husband (in his 30s) worked his way up to level 16, but could not last the whole 30 minutes. My Dad (70) quite enjoyed it at level 40(!), but my Mum had to stop half way through at 20.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea and I would advise against giving the Revitive as a gift if you are hoping to pamper the recipient. However, this is a powerful machine and all of my family felt that it had had an effect on them after they had finished using it - the calf muscles felt as though they had had a work out and my parents are going to persevere with it because they believe that it will have a therapeutic effect on their circulation.

For the right person this could be a 5* product, but it really is an acquired taste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miraculous, 13 Dec 2012
I Am Tyler Durden (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have suffered from Achilles Tendonitis for 14 years since I was about 30. In all that time the only medical advice was to get some orthopedic shoe insoles to help with over pronation and rub Ibuprofen gel into the effective area. Over time I have suffered chronic pain which would become acute after activity. My legs and ankles would be so stiff and painful every morning that I could not bend my ankles and would hobble around until they loosen up. Anything like running up some stairs or having to suddenly start running when crossing a road would jam my legs up for days. So I thought I would give the LV a go, I expected to use it a couple of times, be disappointed, give up. First of all, my comment to the manufacturer is "Men have bad legs too!" Why this can not be packaged and designed in a gender neutral way I do not know. "For healthy beautiful legs" it says, my hairy Ernie Wise legs are never going to look like the picture on the box. Anyway, the power that comes out of the machine with settings from 0-50 was strong enough at 10 on the first use, I tried turning it up just to see how high could take it and whilst it is not exactly painful, the clenching spasms it induced were so intense my legs were almost flying off it (only at level 25). So back to level 10, it cycles through various different patterns over a 30 minute programme which range from fast tingles and throbbing, short burst of strong pulses, and intense clenching. You might find it odd at first since being electrically stimulated is a new experience for most, I knew what to expect because I used to be an electronics repair engineer and have had more 240 volt mains electric shocks than I care to mention. So what was the result? After the 1st couple of usages I noticed a rushing feeling in my legs which I put down to the advertised increased circulation. It felt nice enough so I thought I would carry on with it for a few more days and I'm glad I did. My tendon pain 2 weeks on; If I said the worst it had ever been was a 10 (hobbling about almost immobile), and most of the time it was stable at 7, I would say that now it is at 1 (maybe edging up to 2 if I over do anything). That's right, 1. 14 years of pain almost completely gone in 2 weeks. I so wish I had known about this before, it's a flipping miracle. My dear old Mum has trouble with her legs too, she wants to have a go on it, how can I say no? But I've been stalling because I don't want to be without it for a single day. Chronic pain can seriously drag you down, I would kiss the feet of the persons who invented this, I bet they've got healthy beautiful legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beauty Aid Suited for More General Use, 17 Nov 2012
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Circulation Boosters work by using the tried and tested TENS technology. This effectively uses electrical impulses to stimulate circulation. Generally they are more usually seen as medical devices and as an aid to those with specific circulation issues. This is how we became acquainted with the concept as my wife was recovering from a road accident and she found using one of these very helpful.

However, the Revitive LV is clearly positioned in marketing terms as a beauty aid rather than a medical device. The packaging is in tones of pink while the machine itself is in a rather striking shade of fuchsia. The narrative of the packaging promises to relieve tired, aching and heavy legs and to deliver healthy legs and beautiful legs. There is certainly evidence that use of TENS machines does improve muscle tone so these claims are quite reasonable. However, the benefits are not sex linked, so whilst this machine is clearly positioned as being for the ladies there is no reason why gentlemen should not obtain equal benefit from its use.

The machine is operated by plus or minus buttons on the front which increase or decrease the strength of the impulses. There is also a power on and off switch. There is no remote control with this unit. You can also attach TENS pads to the booster so that the electrical impulses can be directed to other parts of the body where there is a need such as shoulders or back. However, the TENS pads are not included with this package and must be purchased separately.

What this machine delivers is exactly the same as the medically orientated boosters so there is no reason why someone with a medical need for a circulation booster should not equally effectively use this unit. However, it is good to see that more general use of such a machine is being encouraged as clearly this particular model is not targeted at those with a medical need. In fact, with many of us spending up to eight hours a day at a desk which can cause various problems including even DVT, there are clear benefits in using a circulation booster. It can even be used under a desk discretely during the day.

It should be noted that when you start using this machine, you will not necessarily notice an immediate beneficial effect. However, it is worth persevering with as the benefits should be obvious as your body gets more used to it. Generally it is best to start off with the machine set at a low level, and then increase it until you can see or feel the muscles in your feet and calves flex and relax. Generally you will find yourself using a higher setting with use. The default time setting is for thirty minutes, but there is no reason why you should not use it more than once a day should you so wish. There is a page of counter indications and cautions which is worth reading before first use.

This is a well made, robust piece of equipment which, whilst certainly not the cheapest on the market is a user friendly machine which is well worth the investment. Whilst it is targeted at the female beauty market there is no reason why anyone should not benefit from its use whether or not they have a medical need to improve circulation. However, although this is very good it does seem to me that the Revitive CX offers more at, at the time of writing, a slightly lower price. The CX includes a remote control and TENS pads. It also has a 1-99 power range rather than 1-50, though the latter would be enough for most people I would imagine. Additionally you can set the time of the session whereas on this model there is a preset 30 minute session. I wonder if the manufacturers are planning to market a male targeted version next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful aid for tired legs........................, 12 Dec 2012
laineyf "widnes" (warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My husband is a diabetic, and suffers with rheumatoid arthritis, causing his joints to swell and be extremely painful. I got the Revitive LV Circulation Booster in the hope that it would provide some form of relief for him. Have to say I didn't hold out too much hope, but was very pleasantly surprised! It ISN'T a gentle foot massage, it is an electrical stimulus which, at first, my husband found to be quite uncomfortable. However, he persevered, and whilst he has not experienced any easing of his joints, he HAS found that using this product has been beneficial to him. He has circulation problems, and at first found the tingling in his legs to be a little alarming, but feels that his legs just 'feel better' after using this. I think that this is a therapeutic product, and provides some relief for painful/tired legs. It is attractive and easy to use. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars healthy feet and legs, 28 Nov 2012
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this machine is to help maintain healthy feet and legs

it relieves tried,aching and heavy legs

reduces puffy,swollen ankles and feet and increases circulation

for people who spend long periods standing or sitting

for as little as 30 mins each day ,use while sitting either reading or watching tv

and enjoy the benefits

it uses electrical muscle stimulation waveforms to activate the muscles in the feet and lower legs

it has intensity levels 1-50

it comes in pink and white so more for the girly market

great for relaxing and maintaining healthy feet and legs

5.0 out of 5 stars a relaxing aid which will improve the tone of the muscles of your legs..., 20 Nov 2012
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Revitive LV Circulation Booster is very well made but also a very pleasing to the eye circulation booster which I do highly recommend especially to users who like me have problems with their feet and legs. I have to say I love the beautiful pink colour of the machine which really makes the booster look pretty, it also helps the company market the machine to the female market.
This is the second of these machines I have used and to be perfectly truthful if you want a machine as a medical aid I personally would recommend the Revitive CX Circulation Booster.
1. The main reason is that with this one the machine has a grade of 1-50 whereas the CX Booster goes from 1- 99.
2. You can change the time level from one minute to sixty minutes on the Revitive CX Circulation Booster. Whereas with this one the time level is set at 30 minutes but it is very simple to turn the machine back on after thirty minutes if you want a longer time or turn it off at what time suits yourself.
3. The Revitive CX Booster you are able to use the TENS machine while using the booster on your feet, with this machine you either use the booster or TENS machine.
4. Main reason is that this booster is designed to relax and treat your legs while easing slightly swollen feet and legs while the other booster treats chronic oedema over a period of time with regular use.
The LV Booster is a machine which is made for those with milder swelling problems compared to the other machine, and I do believe those who would benefit from this machine or those working all day either sitting or standing and at the end of the day have mild swelling and tiredness. It especially aids circulation and takes that heavy feeling we all have felt after being on our feet all day but the one thing which I really do love about this machine it is programmed to actually tone your legs which I know will be a very particular desire for not only women but men. One thing which makes this machine an added bonus to those who have to sit or stand for longer period of times, using this LV Booster regularly over a period of time could prevent a DVT but those who have an existing DVT Deep Vein Thrombosis is not permitted to use this machine as the activating of the muscles could dislodge part or all of the clot.
This machine has five different uses which are,
1. Improves leg circulation.
2. Increases lower leg activation.
3. Eases tired aching legs.
4. Reduces puffy feet and ankles
5. Eases aching feet.
The feeling is not as strong compared to the other booster but why I like this one just as much, at the end of the day and my legs feel tired a thirty minute session on the Revitive LV Booster is so relaxing I actually fall asleep while using it. It is a very mild, relaxing pulsating through the bottom of your legs for me I only feel it up to my knees but that could be my health problems causing this. While the other machine the full impact of the massaging and EMS is felt up through the full leg.
One particular thing which I do love about this machine is the softness of the foot pads, it is like putting your feet on a very soft comfortable foot aids which my feet sit very nicely on. With the other booster the pads are not as comfortable but with each device they are designed for their own uses. With this device work the REVITIVE LV uses electrical muscle stimulation waveforms to activate the muscles on the bottom half of your legs only, which truthfully is so relaxing and eases the pain because of the relaxation, plus the fact the muscles tone the legs is a very welcome added bonus. The actual stimulation does get stronger as the time progresses in the session but does not get as strong as the IX or CX booster. There is only one actual button on the front of this LV Booster which turns the machine on when the Booster is connected to the electric supply, the control is situated on the actual dial where there is a `minus' sign on the left side and the `plus' sign in on the right this is where you actually turn the power up on the booster, the time is set for thirty minutes.
This is not in my opinion a medical device and because of this the VAT relief which is offered with the Revitive IX and CX Booster is not offered with this booster. The VAT relief is given for those who have long term health problems and is very easy to claim with the other two boosters, it is simply stating what the patient who the booster is for suffers from and the patient signs the form. This does not have to be the card holder who is paying for the product to be the patient who claims the VAT back. For full information the firm has a very good web site with all the information which you will need to help you make your decision for which booster will suit your needs.
I highly recommend the Revitive LV Booster using waveform stimulation to all those who like to relax at the end of the day while easing tired, slighty painful feet while toning the lower leg muscles. I have to say this machine is so relaxing and the perfect aid for anyone who wants to give a bit of love and attention to your tootsies. I love both boosters as they fulfil different aids to my feet at different times of the day also for totally separate issues I have with my feet and legs.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, But i was expecting a little more, 14 May 2013
E. Ramshaw - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are two things in this world that i'm really not a huge fan of, those little TENS machines with the sticky pads, and products that really dont do what they say they will... i'm happy to report that this is neither of those things... both myself and my husband have tried TENS with little success so we were both fairly skeptical to try this unit out. i'm pleased to say that our skeptiscism was ill conceived, I use the machine myself to aid with gentle pain relief and it works 9 times out of 10, my husband used it on a recent trip to london to help his legs out after more than 2 hours of solid driving... although he puts it up on full power and i manage about halfway up.

our only criticism is that it left our legs a little numb after use but not for too long, it was just unexpected really

4.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary for tired, aching legs, but not 'medical grade', 16 April 2013
Esteban (South East, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the third circulation booster that I've tried, having been recommended them for my tired, aching legs and cold extremities. The Revitive LV circulation booster is the most 'commercial' of the three, aimed at a mainstream market of people with tired, aching legs. The manufacturers make the following claims, all of which seem to be true:

1. Improves leg circulation
2. Increases lower leg activation
3. Eases tired aching legs
4. Reduces puffy feet and ankles
5. Eases aching feet

This is the 'mildest' circulation booster I've encoutered, which makes it more of a relaxing experience; 30minutes of pleasant tingling is quite nice, it is definitely a softer sensation than the Revitive CX Circulation Booster, which is more 'medical grade' with a setting of 1-99 as opposed to 1-50 on this device. The CX also includes pads that can be used on fingers, neck, shoulders, back, etc. in the same way as a standard TENS machine, which this one does not.

As it says, the device should not be used by persons fitted with a pacemaker or AICD, or being treated for an existing deep vein thrombosis and there are some restrictions during pregnancy (which is a shame as I imagine this would be amazing for a pregnant person's aching feet and legs!). However, this is a perfect post-shopping or day out treat, at a fraction of the cost of massage or physiotherapy sessions and with a similar effect.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Foot & Leg Therapy Session, 26 Mar 2013
R. E. Quinn (Great Britian) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a neat and portable device.

Unlike some advertised boosters it is not too large and unwieldy and is easy to use. The controls are handily located in the middle of the unit for foot control so no bending needed.

You do need to build up your intensity slowly as you will definitely feel the vibration in your muscles and going on to a higher setting too quickly will cause discomfort.

We used the Revitive usually in the evenings during the week and at various times over the weekend and found we did feel a definite benefit after use.

It comes well packaged and is easily wiped clean so can easily be used by more than one person in your household.

As with all of these sort of products anyone on medication should check with their doctor before using.

This is not a cheap item (although not at the top end of the range) so it is an investment but one you will get use out of.

A definite recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Revitive LV Circulation Booster, 11 Dec 2012
G. Archer (Bangor, NI) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Revitive LV Circulation Booster is a well made, user friendly fuchsia pink and white unit which I would suggest is marketed primarily at women. There are 2 moulded rubber pads to place your feet on and between them is an on/off switch; an LED display which shows the intensity level; and, on each side of the LED display, a plus or minus sign which allows you to increase or decrease the setting. The setting buttons are designed to be used with your toes which means you don't need to bend over the machine to change the intensity. With a default setting which automatically switches off after 30 minutes the machine comes complete with a power adaptor, instruction manual and a 12 month warranty.
Having had chronic pain for 6 years plus now, I was interested to see if the circulation boosters I've seen advertised could provide some relief for the pain and swelling in my legs and feet. I have previously used a TENS machine for pains in my back and shoulders so am very familiar with the concept. While not supplied as standard, you can buy TENS pads to use with this model on other areas of the body and this may be a useful addition depending on individual requirements. There is absolutely no noise from the machine when it is switched on so you can use it while watching TV, reading etc but do not stand on it as you would bathroom scales for example or it will break!
As I want to avoid over stimulating my muscles I have been using the Revitive LV on a very low setting for 20 minutes twice a day although the manufacturer's recommend that the machine should be used for the full 30 minutes on a daily basis to get the maximum benefit. I have found that I have needed to increase the intensity very slowly but even on a low setting I have experienced some relief and feel quite relaxed after treatment. My son, who is on his feet all day, has found that he can tolerate a much higher setting (40 out of a possible 50) for the full 30 minutes and it has provided ease from tired and sore feet and legs.
Given the price of the Revitive LV I would suggest that perspective purchasers thoroughly research the range of products available on the market and be very clear about what they want to achieve from their circulation booster. In summary, the manufacturers of the Revitive LV say that, when used regularly, it has been designed to help circulation, ease tired, aching feet and legs, could help prevent deep vein thrombosis and will tone the lower legs. This is most definitely not a pampering product and should not, in my opinion, be bought with that use in mind.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›