Most helpful critical review
12 of 12 people found the following review helpful
Fatal manufacturing flaw
on 13 November 2014
This is one of the most frustrating reviews I've had to make, because when it works this is a brilliant product.
1. You can use it with your PC for skype/lync calls etc, as well as your mobile
2. You can pair 2 mobiles at once (handy if you have a work and a personal phone).
3. The in-ear speaker is very clear (usually)
4. The noise cancelling microphone works incredibly well, especially in the car. When talking to other people they won't even know you're in the car, as the mic is so good at filtering out background noise. Making or taking calls whilst driving becomes a pleasure rather than a chore where using traditional in-car kits, you're often straining to hear what the other person is saying over road noise.
5. Hands free answering and calling. It works, especially the hands free answering - you just say "answer" or "ignore".
6. The headset knows when you've picked it up and put it in your ear, and automatically routes audio into the headset.
Sounds great doesn't it? Well yes...but here's the kicker. I've had no end of problems with 3 headsets now. My first one (non UC version), ended up with audio going crackly where people sounded like Daleks, before it stopped charging.
The second one (this model) stopped charging after a few months, and I returned it for a refund.
I then RMA'd the first one to Plantronics who sent me a new UC headset within 24 hours (superb customer service like Amazon). I've had the headset for a week now, and guess what? The battery doesn't charge.
Regardless of the method of charging (case, cable or base, both plugged into the mains or a PC), this headset is dead.
0/3, and unfortunately for this reason it's no more than a 1 star review. Otherwise it would be 5 :(