4.0 out of 5 stars Understand this is a portable lightweight unit & therefore "a compromise" radio & you'll be fine!
We have numerous Pure brand Dab radios, having tried others they are my first choice all round as someone who has years of experience working with sound.

I prefer the weight & therefore sonic ability of a wooden cabinet wrap which really adds to the overall tone of a speaker unit, this is PLASTIC, & therefore the pocket size doesn't want to drag you down,...
Published 13 months ago by J. Spennewyn

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice radio but terrible sound quality
I had one of these bought for me as a present. It looks stylish, picks up the stations well but dear oh dear, the sound quality is shocking. At best it is muffled and occasionally tinny. Certainly I expected much better quality for the price and have cheaper radios that surpass this in sound quality. Avoid if you want decent sound reproduction.
Published 13 months ago by P. DRAPER

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Design not my cup of tea, but brilliant little radio, 18 Dec 2012
S. Millington (UK) - See all my reviews
I had been wanting a Pure digital radio for a while but couldn't warrant spending +100 on one. When i saw that this radio was going to be coming on as a deal for the Black Friday week i thought I'd keep my eye on it and see if it came down to a reasonable price.

It came on and it was 19.99 so i thought I'd go for it. Wasn't too thrilled about the tacky Union Jack decoration, but i suppose i wasn't going to be sitting watching it.

It arrived really quickly and set up was so simple - just plugged it in and off it went. Scanned for stations and started playing radio 2 straight away. No real need to 'set up'! Instructions that come with it are straight forward and easy to follow, not that i really needed them.

I haven't got the charge pack yet, but i think i will invest in one at a later date so that i can put the radio on the window sill so it can pick up more stations.

Overall a brilliant little radio and does exactly what i want it to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's ok..but not great, 5 Feb 2013
Mr. I. Golding "burger337" (kent, england) - See all my reviews
i have had DAB since it became available, and i currently have a Roberts DAB alarm clock and a Sony DAB hifi, so maybe i'm too fussy when reviewing this but the reception is great picked up every station i wanted it to and the layout of the controls and ease of use is very simply, but from what i can tell there is no bass from this radio at all, it all sounds tinny and hollow, it goes loud fair enough, but a loud tinny hollow sound, again my roberts and sony both of larger size and having a separate EQ allowed me to get the sound right, but i have this in my kitchen (as having my main radio on loud enough to hear would upset quite a few neighbours) and after a while the sound just annoyed me..i listen to absolute classic rock so i know how the songs are supposed to sound and this did them no justice..also there is no backlight on the display which could be unhelpful if you use outside at night during the summer or in low light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Mi Series 2 DigitalDAB and FM radio, 10 Jan 2013
Originally the delivery date was 12th January and I wanted to travel with it on the 14th.
It arrived today very safely packaged and a perfect size for me to travel with it in its
box . I also bought a canvas bag which is great and a Charge Pak1. When I put the charge
Pak in, the radio actually worked. It is now charging on mains for 24 hours and I can't wait
to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DAB radio, 16 Feb 2013
D. Baker (Taunton, UK) - See all my reviews
First foray into DAB and this is worth it. Depending on where you want it this looks better than the white or black, ours is in the kitchen. Easy to use although this is classed as portable you do not get the battery for it just a mains block, having already known this purchase an oem battery rather than their own at double the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Mi 2 DAB Radio, 17 April 2013
This is an excellent little device: simple to set up and operate; compact; well designed; and well priced. The only reservation is with speaker quality - it's a bit thin and light in tone, but that's as much to do with the limited mass of the radio as anything else. Perfectly adequate for bathroom and other subsidiary roles. Overall, strongly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 10 May 2013
I just needed a radio for the kitchen and I already had more expensive Pure products that are very good value with excellent sound. This however is not worth the money. The station cuts out at regular intervals, the sound is tinny and it does not have an auxiliary input to play from MP3. I would have given 0 stars if it was on the list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 20 May 2013
Fantastic radio for the price. This is the second Pure that I own; this one purchased for the kitchen. Very easy to use & set-up, great reception particularly outdoors. Excellent delivery.

Only downside for (preventing 5 stars) no back light or headphone jack?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its size, 15 May 2013
I don't normally like PURE RADIOS, I think Roberts are better designed. this is an exception as it is small and portable with good reception and sound output. Well worth buying the rechargeable battery pack. Charges quickly and lasts a lomg time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just acceptable., 9 Mar 2014
Only had to switch on and press one button and it found all the channels immediately. The big problem is the sound quality, it is awful. Music is ghastly and speech flat. Luckily a decent pair of earphones changed the audio range from dire to acceptable.. You get what you pay for in this case.
It is small and light and easy to use and for travelling it"s sufficient.

2.0 out of 5 stars AT P Rocker, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Pure One Mi Series 2 Portable DAB Digital and FM radio - White (Electronics)
As a big fan of Pure DAB radios I have to say this is a poor product. I ignore those who had written what I am going to say and went ahead and bought this. It is a poor radio. The rechargeable battery is very good but the sound quality on the radio itself is dire. Once you try and play above 9 or 10 it gets distorted and the overall sound is tinny.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›