5.0 out of 5 stars Pure one Series 2
Published 23 months ago by Alun J

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
This item had poor sound and reception and felt cheap and nasty. I ended up getting a Technika bluetooth speaker and streaming my radio to that. It was the same price and the sound quality was so much better. I guess a decent everyday DAB radio would cost about £50+ but this Pure One was no good at all.
Published 15 months ago by M J Verhaag

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure one Series 2, 7 May 2013
This review is from: Pure One Mi Series 2 Portable DAB Digital and FM radio - Black (Electronics)
I Brought this radio to use at work a few weeks ago. I have been using it at work with Original Equipment battery I ordered and it works well and sounds reasonable for a small portable. it lasts the week on one full charge and holds the stations well. It can also be plugged into the computer USB socked to charge it up if you have a suitable USB lead and this saves using the charger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Understand this is a portable lightweight unit & therefore "a compromise" radio & you'll be fine!, 7 Jun. 2013
J. Spennewyn "boxer lady" (cambridge, uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
We have numerous Pure brand Dab radios, having tried others they are my first choice all round as someone who has years of experience working with sound.

I prefer the weight & therefore sonic ability of a wooden cabinet wrap which really adds to the overall tone of a speaker unit, this is PLASTIC, & therefore the pocket size doesn't want to drag you down, therefore it's a shallow speaker in a plastic casing, this means less able sonically, however if you truly want portability & are prepared to lower your sonic expectations this will be fine, there are plenty of times when I wish i'd got something I could just wander down the street with & listen to the last 5 minutes of a programme scenarios, in which case this will do me well.

Nor do I want to resort to the discomfort of ear buds, I wish to stick a radio on a stable surface & potter around.

Good for sheds, workshops, out & about (with a battery chargepak).
Not good for beard stroking audiophile fella's (myself included) as a main unit, it simply won't cut it.

The FM operation will give you lots of extra battery life compared to dab which sadly is power hungry, so if opting for a batterypack TRY to limit volume in order to eke out more hours, & charge every day to ensure longevity.

As a little unit with tinnier sound than a higher price unit I can forgive it, the 2 year pure warranty is excellent & having had to call upon their service in the past for another (different radio) I can only state they have a customer for life.

it's not a £120 dab so don't expect it to be, this is the low end of a serious brand (Pure are very good software encoders typically & part of a very big business) resulting in good signal & software upgradability typically.

This'll do for me as a "sound or silence" model.
Good brand, good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Mi Series 2 DAB Radio, 10 April 2013
This DAB Radio is all that it is claimed to be ie:

1. Easy to setup/tune in.

2. Has strong DAB reception with no fading.

3. All in all a great little set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 12 Dec. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice radio but terrible sound quality, 9 Jun. 2013
P. DRAPER (UK) - See all my reviews
I had one of these bought for me as a present. It looks stylish, picks up the stations well but dear oh dear, the sound quality is shocking. At best it is muffled and occasionally tinny. Certainly I expected much better quality for the price and have cheaper radios that surpass this in sound quality. Avoid if you want decent sound reproduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but packs a punch, 23 Nov. 2012
I purchased this for myself as my old Pure one gave up.Decided i wanted something smaller but i also did not want to lose anything of the old ones quality etc then i saw this but alas no reviews and for me thats a biggy as i like to see reviews so i know what to expect from the item and its highs and lows.This was also a Black Friday deal so was only £20.00 so i took the plunge and i am so very pleased i did its a lovely looking radio and so light(without battery pack)it great to carry around.Very easy to set up the preset stations.all the settings are easy to go through.The volume was one of the things i was worried about but again the volume is more then enough.I have not used the battery pack that is available as an extra but i will be purchasing one as i want to use it in the Bathroom as well as outside so is a must for me.i cant fault it for the money i paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio., 19 Jan. 2013
S. Bateman - See all my reviews
If you are after really good sound quality this is not for you. However the sound is excellent for the size of the radio. It is mostly used on Radio four in this house and it is great for this. I don't think I would want to listen to music on it. The Pure rechargeable battery is excellent and I think worth the extra money that it costs over other makes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Series 2 - New and improved ?, 3 Mar. 2013
Previously owned Series 'One' version. I was not over impressed. It failed completely after a few weeks light use. Why am I stupid enough to buy another ? Having returned first one I was left with a £20 chargepak, purchased separately, which fits no other radio except Mi, as every Pure radio seems to have its own unique chargepak, this is an obvious marketing ploy by Pure to extract more money from unsuspecting customers. This 'new' version of the radio has exactly same characteristics as first one. The chargepak takes literally days to charge up if you wait till one bar is left on the 'gauge'. This radio has been on charge, (switched 'off') now for 32 hours and is still indicating 'charging in progress'. First radio was taking longer and longer to charge, (approximately 60-70 hours in the end.) In other words it was spending more time on charge than being listened to. If the radio is 'on' during charging it would obviously take even longer to charge battery. I returned chargepak and got a replacement, which was exactly the same as the first one. This seemed to point to the charger supplied being faulty or inadequate, rather than the chargepak. The manual is (unsurprisingly ?) lacking in giving much detail about average charging times with radio on/off, state of discharge to begin recharge, etc. Fortunately ? a complete failure of the radio with another fault allowed me to return it for a refund and I was left with the totally useless chargepak. Hence this purchase which has also disappointed. It is also extremely annoying that, if you are running the 64 bit version of Windows 7 then you are unable to download the upgrades to your radio. Only 32 bit systems work with Pure's software. Your radio is 'out of date' from day one and will remain that way. If any .glitches' are present you are stuck with them. This, from a company that on its homepage, likes to boast of its cutting edge technology. Other electronics manufacturers can manage it, (garmin, for example.) 64 bit systems are not uncommon now. You would think that spending a few quid on customer support would be to their benefit. All in all I wish I had thrown the chargepak in the bin and bought a different make of radio. We live and learn. Pure by name but poor by nature ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little Radio for the price, 17 Jan. 2015
J. Hannan - See all my reviews
For the price this is an excellent 1st Digital radio. I bought this after moving house and so now out of the range of LBC, which is now also on Digital. I have to say I don't agree with other comments about the sound quality - For Both speech and music radio the quality is great for this little radio. It is simple to use and doesn't need any set up, just tune and it picks up all of your available DAB stations (which I get plenty), setting the time for you automatically.

My only quibble, and probably my fault for not reading the description properly, is that although it takes rechargeable battery's - it takes a 'battery pack' which isn't induced with the radio - you only get the mains charger, which is fine if you are at home or somewhere you can plug it in. The original Pure battery packs can be expensive but non branded ones can be found on Amazon for half the cost - and I guess if you factor in the cost of normal battery's over the radio's lifetime, these rechargeable packs are good value really. The battery I have to run mine lasts a couple of weeks on a few hrs of play a day.

Overall for my 1st digital radio, for the size and price this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB Radio, 8 Feb. 2013
Bought this for the kitchen and its fine, sound isn't amazing but its good enough, and it looks pretty good too.