on 16 February 2014
4 star price
3 star quality
5 star performance
4 star delivery

Would recommend this product just for it's price to performance ratio. Also very good colour reproduction.
on 10 January 2013
In my original review I rated it as 1 star because the software would not install correctly

After a number of comments that others were able to use it with Windows 7 64 bit; I decided to try again-

It still would not install correctly the first time, but after manually deleting all old installed Epson kit (Especially .inf references)including printers & an old Cannon scanner I managed to get it to install.

[...]
[...]

The Epson event manager now works, BUT the button setting utility is still shown as "not available", making it more difficult for family members to use than it should be as the scan buttons can't be reconfigured.

Overall, the scanner now works reasonably well, but the instillation is very flakey & the Scanner control Software is poor. So my advise would be if your going to use with win 7 64 bit Google the possible problems first.

So, as it now works, I've changed my rating from 1 to 3
33 comments7 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2013
I still have not used all of its capabilities,but have so far found that it is easy to use & produces quite good images from slides.I hope to use some of it's other features as soon as possible.
on 11 October 2015
works very well, quite quick in operation, software is ok to install, quality is good on photographs, the automatic alignment is sometimes fooled. I have not tried any negatives or slides yet.
on 30 May 2014
Seems to work OK as previously owned one did for eight years but Epson failed to provide drivers for Windows 7 on upgrade of computer, disgusting on Epson for a world wide firm!!!!!!!
on 3 February 2013
I bought this to replace my ten year old flat bed scanner. I was not dissapointed. I used it with Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit.
The software was found to be easy for me to use, and scanned pictures in great detail. This was my main reason for purchase. After that I tried to scan an old slide. My last scanner was hopeless in this area, but the Epson V370 was good. Obviously it wont be as good as dedicated slide scanners, however it still does a good job, if not brilliant.
on 31 December 2015
Very good scanner if you are patient and not a moron.

The software is weird, putting the film in is weird. But the results are very nice. You just need patience and time.
on 21 March 2013
I couldn't get the film scanning to work properly at the start. It was trial and error to figure out how it worked. The manual was not very intuitive.

Unfortunately I bought this to scan medium format negatives and this scanner doesn't do them.

Perhaps it was my fault, but I bought the V500 instead which is a much more sturdy model with medium format technology.

Both produce excellent images, though a bit slow at high resolution.
33 comments2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2014
We had to replace an older scanner and chose this make and model. it turned out to be a great choice, the scanner itself is light and compact and takes up little space in an already crowded office. It is very user friendly and the quality of the scans are superb. I even had to scan in a very old photograph and it did an amazing job. The packaging and delivery were first class all the way and I would have no hesitation in recommending the product or the seller.
on 19 February 2015
After looking at different scanners,I decided to purchase this one mainly for scanning old photos and slides.
I hooked it up to my iMac (running Yosemite),downloaded the driver from Epson, and it works like a dream both scanning photo's of varies sizes and slides.
Then I take the images into Lightroom 5 to tidy up,resize and get ready for print etc.
I've had no issues getting this scanner to work and I thoroughly recommend it..