Having seen these shorts in the Levi's store in London I kind of fell in love with them. I chose the dark blue jay colour, which is dark indigo, so it shouldn't date too much in the future and hopefully will fade nicely. They are quite roomy - I purchased the size 32 and had to return them for the 31 and I wear a size 14/16. The rise is nice and high (it hits slightly below the belly button) and there's a reassuring amount of stretch in the denim. They're quite expensive for a pair of shorts, but hopefully they'll last longer than cheaper high street copies? I sincerely hope so anyway.

The only downside is that they're pretty darn short! I'm 5ft 9in so when I'm standing up it's fine but when I'm sitting down, well they ride up a little too much. I guess it very much depends on how old you are and of course, the muscle tone on your upper thighs(!) As ever, purchasing clothing online has its limits and maybe including an indication of the inside leg measurement on the description of these shorts would help potential buyers?
on 13 July 2013
I don't normally write reviews but on this occasion I will make an exception. I am a waist 32, and these shorts fit perfectly. Granted, they are a little bit bigger than the usual 32 waist Levi's I have purchased, but it is nothing wearing a belt can't put right. They are more comfortable to wear than other Levi's shorts I have purchased, due to the bit of stretch in the material, and they look very smart. I am 5" 3 tall and they are just the right length; not too short, and not too long. They sit around mid thigh. All in all, a lovely pair of shorts, and a bargain price; granted a bit pricier than your average high street shorts, but these are quality, and should last a good few years. Overall, I would highly recommend these, and they are a fraction of the price at Amazon, which is an added bonus.