on 16 March 2013
I had been frustrated with the inability to print from my iPad which I also use to draw with. Now this HP printer comes along. I always used Epson inkjet for photo quality and and HP B&W laser for other things but they couldn't print from the iPad without a lot of hassle. The cost of this machine is inexpensive which usually means that the cartridges are expensive but I purchased an entire set of large ones cheaper by purchasing them recycled.
The great thing is that even on ordinary paper the photo quality was fairly good. Not photo quality as I used ordinary paper but certainly more than good enough for general use and then you can print the photos on photo paper for much higher quality.. It also holds card stock. All in all a very good printer with a low cost for a colour laser, especially if you wish to print from tablets or almost anything else without having to network your system. The fact that the paper comes out of the top is also great as this means no more banging against the paper tray. Looks good and works great. My only giving it four stars is that the cost of running it is higher than some other brands but then you also have to pay a lot more for the printer to start with.
on 28 August 2013
I was a bit wary of the set up at first, putting it off for a few days, but I did not need the setup disk, I connected it in the order the guide(Paper) said to do & plug in the ethernet cable when told to do so, the rest was automatic & within a few mins I had sent printouts from several pc's & all printed out ok,
on 8 June 2014
No more copying or emailing to the laptop! This printer can be seen by all my devices... iPhone, iPad and Mac. It was easy to set up and uses my router for its WIFI. There is another option of connecting directing to the router but this means the mobile devices can't see it. Well, not in my experience.

I found it easy to install, set up and use. No more last minute print problems... You know the ones, just about to go out the door to a meeting, laptop closed down and you realise you need one more document printed. Now, its just a matter of opening the document in the iCloud and printing,

The only downside I foresee is that HP will increase the cost of the toner cartridges until it is no longer cost effective.
on 8 October 2014
Great printer, but I wish HP would cease trying to rip us off by making the toner sensor ultra sensitive and telling us that supplies are low and we need to change the toner cartridge. My printer has annoyingly been doing this now for several months and the print quality is still great.

UPDATE
Months and months after this review, I still have not changed the cartridges, I still get regular warnings, but the print quality is still great. How many people must change their cartridges at the first warning and prematurely line the pockets of these rip-off merchants? This would put me off buying another one.
on 13 October 2013
easy to set up with my iMac. No problems with printing. good quality colour prints. used for a couple of months - not encountered any problems.
on 28 February 2014
I needed a printer that would work with all the various IT I have at home.

My main concern was for me to able to print from my windows surface RT 8.1 Tablet.
I connected the printer using WIF to my network, and gave it a fixed IP address.
I had to do a manual install, using the IP address of the printer and select the correct driver (HP LaserJet 200 Laser Printer)which was shipped with the windows Surface RT 8.1.
It worked a treat.
The iPad found the printer using Apples Airprint.

Just popped the HP cd in my windows 7 pro pc and it was son printing.
After a bad experience with a Dell laser jet which just wouldn't work with my MacBook and iPad, this was a breeze to set up. The CD which came with the printer was out of date and not suitable for Mavericks, but it did redirect me to the HP website to download the latest drivers and software. After that it was plain sailing, everything just installed itself. Relieved after hours wasted with the Dell.
on 14 November 2013
Great printer, quality printing, fast, quiet and economical for my needs. I use it for ebay related printing of
about 2000 pages a month 90% B/W 10% Colour. I must admit not even used lots of the bells and whistles as no need to yet.
Such as wireless printing, double sided ect.
Great value for money. Highly recommended.
on 20 May 2014
Not as fast I thought, but happy with print quality and I have been told that the the ink cartridges have a better yield but this remains to be seen. Otherwise happy with this machine.
on 15 April 2015
We have always had HP Printers and we bought this to replace two - a monochrome 4L which my wife's had since 1996 and has only just given up the ghost and a 4550L which is only 3 years younger! Can't complain about HP product build!

Anyway, we also replaced our 10 year old PC so thought it was a good time to enter the 21st century. The LaserJet Pro 200 was a clear choice because we didn't need a scanner (already have an HP - notice a pattern?) and the price is frankly hard to beat. Obviously I set up the new PC first and then the printer, connecting it to the wireless router. I did put the CD in but to be honest I'm not sure if the darn printer didn't just figure itself out.

Once done I tested from the PC - no problems, and despite what some may say I'm sitting right next to it now and it's very quiet in idle mode. Printed from PC A-OK. The pop-up touchscreen is also nice if a bit on the small side and needs a firm touch.

Slight issue with my Kindle - I decided to re-boot my Kindle and then re-install HP ePrint after I'd had no luck. Once I did that - pow! No problems, although the code authentication is a bit OTT given I'd already entered my wireless router security code. However, I then downloaded ePrint to my Samsung Galaxy A5 and once I registered with the code there were no problems whatsoever.

I've rated this 4 rather than 5 only because of the small touch screen and the trouble I had getting ePrint sorted - after all, the point of a wireless printer is so that you can print easily from a wireless device - but otherwise I'm happy it's of the usual HP quality.