5.0 out of 5 stars A Positive Message Throughout, 14 Nov. 2003
By A Customer
I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed reading this book, especially as I do not normally read this type of book. Once I had got about a quarter of the way through the book I couldn't put it down - always a sign of a great book!
The references to Gloucestershire were great as I could really relate to them as I am from that area. However, I feel that even if not from that area you could still enjoy the reflections about an area which was obviously well loved and apply the feelings to the area where you grew up.
The thing I enjoyed most about the book was the way the Glosters were portrayed as always having a positive spirit and always trying to make the best of the situation they were in. There is no doubt that they suffered great hardship, but the way that many of the survivors kept themselves going was through encouraging each other to keep happy. I think this message is a fantastic one for any person, in any situation and it is really brought home in the pages of this book.
Overall I would encourage anyone to read this book, even if they haven't read anything like this before, as it not only helps you to appreciate good things in your life but also shows how a positive attitude can help you through the worst of situations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Captured at the Imjin River: The Korean War Memoirs of a Gloster (Kindle Edition)
As an ex Gloster I found this book well worth reading I only wish there had been more names of soldiers mentioned as I may have remembered them

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 13 Dec. 2012
Great to read a story from the view of a every day soldier, rather than the views of an officer. Can highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 14 Mar. 2013
Mr. E. Watson (Dundee Scotland) - See all my reviews
Intriquing story of a soldier in the Korean War and two years prisoner with the Chinese. A good interesting read

5.0 out of 5 stars Imjin River, 30 May 2013
It is only recently that I have read any books relating to the Korean war, this was to date the best one so far. David Green and others like him were very brave men and again we should never forget them and what they done. A very enjoyable and informative book I would strongly recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good. read, 13 Feb. 2014
A soldiers tale of a very brave mix of men from all walks of society, having served in the The Royal Gloustershire, Berkshire & Wiltshire Regiment this part of my history and I'm immensely proud of this but ashamed to say the first book I have ever read about Gloster Hill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Korea prisoners, 20 April 2014
Worth the rating, interesting story prisoners not treated as harshly as what the Japanese treated those in the second world war

5.0 out of 5 stars captured at the imjin river, 24 Sept. 2007
Z. A. Eastman - See all my reviews
what a lovely book, well written in true ex squaddie style that only we can know. David was there in korea as a young man and served well. a great loss

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Feb. 2015
Very brave men. SHOULD HAVE MORE RECOGNITION FOR WHAT THEY ENDURED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Dec. 2014
Bought as a gift and told an excellent read.