5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Had my phone for a while now and works amazingly well. I am extremely happy with my purchase. thanks again
Published 11 months ago by Sandy

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong model
I was sent the US model instead of the UK model. Do check your iPhone 5- I asked Apple directly and they confirmed that it will work on regular 3G networks, but it is incompatible with UK 4G/LTE which will roll out soon (it's made for US 4G bands, which are different). You don't want to be stuck with an iPhone that can't do 4G.
The differences? The US model:
-is...
Published 17 months ago by wildgunman999

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong model, 10 April 2013
The differences? The US model:
-is A1428, while the UK model is A1429 (i.e. on the back where it says Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China Model A1428). You need A1429 in the UK.
-will have a 2-pin US plug/adaptor in the sealed iPhone box. The seller may place a 3-pin UK plug/adaptor in an outer box as well.
Just thought to share, don't lose future functionality over a few pounds.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a USA version, 1 Oct 2013
Received today. Opened box. It's a USA version and not a UK version. Awaiting courier to collect it as I am returning it.
When there are 2 versions, 1 for the UK and 1 for the USA it is disappointing Amazon allow this.
I searched on Amazon and found the 32GB version. Unfortunately this was also the USA version.
Visited Carphone Warehouse and ordered the correct UK version for £9 less.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware of buying iPhone 5 from SMARTPHONESUK LIMITED., 30 Jan 2014
The phone should not be upgraded from iOS6 to iOS7, it ruins the battery performance, and the home button stopped working.

I brought an iPhone 5 unlocked SIM free from SMARTPHONESUK LIMITED on the 18/09/2013 which recently the home button stopped working properly, and I wished to get the phone serviced by Apple under the 1 year warranty, but when I checked with the serial code with Apples online check and phoned them, they stated the phone had been registered over 1 year before in 2012. I brought it from SMARTPHONESUK LIMITED who when I requested a refund said no and said the phone was not sold with a warranty anyway. which is totally illegal. I am currently in the process of hopefully recovering my money from Amazon directly.

This was their reply email, clearly breaking the law:

Hello
I cannot offer you a refund or replacement for the item in question;
1. You purchased the item 4 months ago.
2. There was no mention of a warranty on this item in the product details and furthermore this item did not come with a warranty of any kind.
3. The problem you mention can occur as a result of normal use and cannot therefore be considered to be a fault.

Kind regards
Mo Collins

SmartphonesUK Limited
101A Crow Green Road,
Pilgrims Hatch, Brentwood,
Essex, CM15 9RP, United Kingdom.
Registered in England No: 8662339
Tel: +44 7799 472020
Skype: smartphonesukltd
WhatsApp: +44 7799 472020
VAT No: GB 174 6928 67
D-U-N-S No: 21 959 7219

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 26 Oct 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Very doubtful that the product was genuine. Pacaging hads ..., 26 Nov 2013
Very doubtful that the product was genuine. Pacaging hads no Apple logos. Nothing came with it at all apart from the charger. The product did not match up to the illustration. The company never sent the instruction booklet they promised and were rude to me at the end of the day. I would not give them a rating of any sort. Dreadful. It cost me to send it back so I was out of pocket as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a UK iPhone - Beware!, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Apple iPhone 5 SIM FREE UNLOCKED - Black (64GB, BLACK) (Electronics)
I was initially excited to take delivery of this iPhone 5, but soon discovered that it was the US version. This is not an issue in itself if you only plan to use 3G and 2G, but it will not be compatible with UK 4G which is clearly going to be an issue as the 4G coverage in the UK begins to expand over the next couple of years.

I have since purchased a UK iPhone from the Apple store (expect to pay ~£50 more) and I have to say it is a fantastic piece of kit compared to my old iPhone 4.

It's a shame this seller is not being completely upfront about the fact that this is a US iPhone and what the implications are for future 4G reception!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite!!!, 23 May 2014
Definitely pleased with this purchase. After reading a few reviews and becoming concerned about being sold a US version, the customer service were so effective in responding and reassuring me. I wasn't disappointed, the overnight shipment and delivery was remarkably fast, I wasn't even ready for it. The product arrived in excellent working condition and I was up and running in no more than an hr after delivery.

On the down side, even though they provided USB cable for charging, I wasn't provided with a (DC) adapter to plug into the wall circuit. None the the less, I was pleased.

Will definitely be back.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - THIS IS NOT NOT NOT UNLOCKED, 20 Jun 2013
A. C. Bedford "Bookworm" (SW UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to travel with, and now I am abroad, I discover that - despite the unlocked description - the phone is locked to Three. I could have got an iPhone free on contract with Three, so I would never have bought this if I had known the truth. I am really disappointed with the seller, and have thrown all this money away, due to his misdescription. When I get back to the UK I plan to report this to the Trading Standards Authority.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not unlocked!!!!, 8 Oct 2013
This website should not be trusted. The phone is locked to T-Mobile and it can only be unlocked at a cost of £129.00. Therefore it costs more to use them them than buy directly. Do not use this buyer

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!, 4 July 2013
I wish I could tell u about this phone, the pros and cons to help u make a well informed decision on your purchase, however all I can tell / warn you about is the following- I had my sim only plan in place and therefore wanted to be sure the phone I purchased was 'open' to any network, which this one claimed to be, yet upon closer inspection, and a lot of messing around on my part, I found that my 'unlocked' phone was indeed LOCKED to the O2 network. I'm on the Orange network, with a sim only contract and a very expensive phone I cannot use for 9 months, upon completion of my current contract with Orange.
I am very angry and upset, not to mention extremely unimpressed that Amazon let a seller advertise a product totally falsely. I will not be using Amazon again for ANY expensive or important purchases, I've totally lost all trust in their site now- my mobile phone is extreamly important in my life, as with most people these days. AWRFUL!!! Give this seller a wide birth and be very careful when purchasing anything important and/or expensive products on Amazon in general.