5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!
Published 12 months ago by Bruff

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't get on with it.
Published 2 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 7 Sep 2013
This review is from: Expert Shield - THE Screen Protector for: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC RX100 *Lifetime Guarantee* (Electronics)
I approach screen protectors with some trepidation! They always sound like a good idea, but the end result has always disappointed with bubbles and edges that remind me I didn't do a very good job of fitting it every time I use the product! So what to do with the superb screen on my new RX100? The camera is expensive so I thought I had better see what was available and I then chanced on the Expert Shield. How fortunate I did!

After carefully following the instructions, this is the first protector I have ever fitted that doesn't have any bubbles or distracting overhanging edges - I can really forget it is there!

I lay the camera face down on a table with the screen facing me. Carefully cleaned the screen with the cloth provided and then lifted about half the first stage protective sheet from the short side. Starting from the short left side of the screen, I lay approx. 4-5mm of the protector onto the screen taking care not to touch the sticky side with my fingers. I had to lift off and reapply a couple of time before I was happy with the placing, but this was easy to do. Once happy, I used the edge of the box (a credit card would have been better!) to slide and press down from the left, but ensuring the right side of the protector was held away from the camera. I only spotted one tiny bubble as I proceeded with this process so I immediately lifted back to the bubble and repeated. Once completed, I then rubbed over carefully with the cloth and checked for any small bubbles. There were none so I removed the top layer and the job was done - total time, about 10 minutes, but probably wise to allow longer in case you have to remove and start again.

The Expert Shield is highly recommended for its initial fitting and look - time will tell how long lasting it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Product, 2 Aug 2013
After doing a bit of research I wanted a quality screen protector for my new RX100 M2 camera. I purchased the expertshield protector and i have to say its amazing. Much better than a certain product which sells for nearly twice as much. Great packaging and instructions, even includes a lint free cloth to clean the screen from dust and finger prints. Easy installation, it fits perfect,you cant tell a protector is on. Its very well made, not like your usual flimsy cheap protectors. Its great quality absolutely no effect to the screen in terms of brightness or sharpness. I am relaxed now putting camera in my pocket, knowing the screen is protected. Highly recomended

2.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't get on with it., 21 Jun 2014
Applied it earlier today. I'm sure its a good product, but I'm one of those people who just don't have the knack or the patience for things like this. I tried and tried again, following the instructions, but could not get it to take without leaving bubbles of air underneath the screen protector. The more I played about with it, the more bubbles that were left underneath.

So here I am with a 3 inch screen protector with 20+ bubbles underneath it. I'm sure I could get it right if there were a few screen protectors included, as it is with just the 1 included at this price, it seems an expensive gamble for a small percentage of buyers.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sure using the cloth would have been just as good, but that worked for me, 28 July 2014
I ordered the Expert Shield for both the Sony RX100 (which I applied the RX100 to the Mk1 model) and the Fuji X-Pro 1. Both arrived together quickly and I have now had the chance to use the cameras outdoors and can give my initial impressions. They both came in a protective wrapper with a lint-free cleaning cloth. The packaging gives clear instructions on how to apply and the protectors themselves have stickers applied to their protective films to assist with their application. One of the tabs for the X-Pro 1 film had adhered to the packaging, which made its removal difficult and meant its protective film was removed slightly prior to application, but that didn't impact on the final product. I used the included cloths to ensure that the screens were free from marks and dust (I additionally used an air blower to keep them clean immediately prior to application). I used a towel on the table top to keep the cameras flat and reduce movement. As instructed, I exposed one corner of the shield's short side and applied it to the screen to align it properly and used a credit card (not in the instructions) to remove any air bubbles. I'm sure using the cloth would have been just as good, but that worked for me. Some air bubbles did appear during application and these were easily removed by peeling the shield back to the bubble and re-applying. Once fully applied I used the cloth to give the whole film a rub down before removing the protective layer. I since took the cameras outdoors (in light rain) and the protectors stood up well in use. Now I have almost invisibly protected screens that will hopefully prolong their use. The packing insists that the guarantee is for life and the order was followed by good correspondence from the manufacturers, which reinstated that they would assist with any problems. I'm happy to say I didn't have any problems and (so far) am very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector for RX100, 8 Oct 2013
I bought this shield for my RX100 couple weeks back from Amazon UK. I was a bit skeptical about getting this over the expensive GSS Larmor shield. But this protector exceeded my expectation. It is very transparent, very very easy to apply. Once I aligned it to one side of the screen, it just applied itself without a single air bubble. It hasn't been long but so far there is no issues at all. I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Screen protector that worked, 27 Sep 2013
Read the write ups and decided to try it. Arrived very promptly and as described. Tried putting it on with some trepidation but it worked first time with no bubbles and is still looking great!
I wish all suppliers had their customer service, thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with confidence...., 11 Sep 2013
I purchased the screen protector to use with my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 M2. I found the screen protector very easy to apply (it really doesn't take more than a minute) and once on, it doesn't detract from the quality of the screen at all.

They also provide a small lint-free cloth to help clean the screen before applying the screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 6 Sep 2013
This is an excellent product and for the first time I managed to attach a screen protector with few bubbles that were easily removed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and product, 6 Sep 2013
ALnz (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
The item was delivered quickly and when the initial screen protector was messed up when during application I was interrupted, a replacement item was dispatched when Expert Shield were contacted. I have now had the screen protector on my Sony RX100 mk2 for several weeks and it has been brilliant. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you need !, 4 Sep 2013
"Excellent product. Brilliant service and amazing support and additional help from Expert Shield. Look no further for the ultimate protection for your camera. .. . An important tip .. apply the shield in a steamy bathroom environment ! . . . It keeps unseen dust particles away from the screen and shield. Results are so good that you will not know there's a protector fitted. Highly recommended."