5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Years to Sin
Published on 11 Oct. 2012 by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short
I did not really like it mainly because it was too short with a rather unsatisfactory ending so only 2 stars from me
Published 23 months ago by D. Harding

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Years to Sin, 11 Oct. 2012
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Seven Years to Sin (Historical series) (Kindle Edition)
Jess spent many happy years married to her husband before she became a widower but she never forgot the night that she saw Alistair locked in a passionate embrace with a married woman. She has mourned her husband for a year and is finally ready to face the world again and what better way to start than by travelling to Jamaica to visit the plantation she inherited. Alistair has a reputation as a ladies man and a rake but the one woman who he ever cared for was the one who was beyond his reach. But now Jess is travelling on one of his ships he sees it as the perfect opportunity to finish what they started all those years ago. He will do whatever it takes to bring Jess's passionate side to the surface.

As a massive fan of Sylvia Day's Bared to You series and a lover of historical romances I couldn't resist reading Seven Years to Sin. This is supposed to be the story that inspired Bared to You but I have to admit I didn't find as many similarities as I expected to. Even so I am happy to say that I absolutely loved Seven Years to Sin and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves erotic romance novels.

Jess is a great character and I loved the fact that she isn't a shy virgin or someone who had an unhappy marriage. Her arranged marriage with Benedict may not have been the most passionate but they both loved each other deeply and had a good life together before his death. Devastated as she was by his loss Jess is slowly rebuilding her life on her own, thankfully Benedict left her financially secure which gives her the freedom to do as she chooses, something she intends to make the most of by travelling. Before her marriage Jess had a very unhappy childhood at the hands of an abusive and controlling father and she won't risk ending up in a similar situation by being forced to marry again. For years memories of Alistair have haunted her and when he makes his move she finds him impossible to resist.

As the fourth son of an Earl Alistair has been allowed to live his life as he pleases, he spent his time building a successful business but also seduced more than his fair share of women. In spite of the fact that he is so successful he has always felt like a disappointment to his father and they have a very strained relationship. Alistair has been half in love with Jess for seven years and there is no way he is going to miss this chance of proving to her that they belong together. Although Alistair has a naughty streak a mile wide he is also incredibly sweet and caring when it comes to Jess, he will do anything to make her happy and he always puts her needs above his own. The couple have scorching hot chemistry that burns up the pages but they also have a deep emotional connection and I loved watching the way they both helped to heal each other.

I couldn't get enough of Seven Years to Sin and was sad to reach the end - I loved Jess and Alistair both individually and as a couple but I also loved the side story with Jess's sister Hester. As soon as I finished I wanted to turn back to the first page and start reading it all over again and I don't think it will be too long before I end up re-reading it (if you had any idea how rarely I re-read books then you'd understand what a high compliment that is!). I became a fan of Sylvia Day when I read Bared to You but this has just proved to me how much I love her writing style, she is able to create characters I am emotionally connected to and I always feel invested in their stories. I am now planning on working my way through her back list and can't wait to see what else she has in store for me! If you're looking for a raunchy and erotic historical romance then Seven Years to Sin is one I would highly recommend. Even if you don't usually pick up historical romances I'd still recommend this book - especially to fans of Bared to You.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 30 July 2012
For all of you who are addicted to the 50 shades series and Christian Grey, this book keeps you hooked too!
I actually enjoyed this book to the max which was read after reading the trilogy.
Enjoy it Girls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sylvia Day blows other writers out the water in this Genre of Book, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Seven Years to Sin (Paperback)
I read 50 Shades of Grey 3x in May.. I'm not normally a book reader but since started that (Just to see what all the hype was of course)I was hooked and enjoyed the style of book.. My husband brought me Bared to You by Sylvia Day and as far as I was concerned that totally blew 50 shades out of the water.. what with a better writing style.. sexier characters etc etc... so after also finding an author within this style of book I decided to delve more.. and despite have nearly all of Sylvia Day's books on order, this one arrived the other week.. 2 Days I read it in.. I loved this just as much as Bared to You..

Set in the 1800's Jessica witnesses a highly erotic sexual encounter with the "Hunk" of the era and another woman.. and it ignites her sexual desire.. she marries, is Barron and her husband unfortunately dies 7 years later.. she is left wealthy and decides to check on plantations in Jamaica.. Alistair "The Hunk" is the owner of the boat she travels on and little did Jessica know that Alistair has been in love with her since she witnessed him all those years ago..
Of course.. it happens and they fall deeply in love with each other.. but not without hurdles of course

I loved this book for the writing, for the characters, for the descriptions, I found it even more erotic because it was set in the 1800's where life was totally more reserved.

A very very good read

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be able to put this book down, 14 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Seven Years to Sin (Historical series) (Kindle Edition)
Sylvia day has done it again, I read this book in a day, I just couldn't put it down. A true story of love and passion, the author truly does over shadow e l James's 50 shades. I have read 7 of her books in the last 3 weeks, and none of them have disappointed me. I read her crossfire series first and when I saw the historical novels I wasn't to sure weather I would like them, but have really enjoyed them, I have recommended them to family and friends and nearly all of them are reading them as well. All in all this's truly is a beautiful story, With love, passion and heart ache, you can't ask for any more. A must read x

5.0 out of 5 stars This one was my first Sylvia Day Book, 16 Jun. 2014
Unfortunately I seem to be hit and miss with Miss Day's books
Now this one I loved when I started it I thought mmmh not sure I quite like jess but not sure of Alistair
But by the end of the book I really loved both characters and there story

Although Alistair's reputation was bad he overcame this and Jess was strong enough to stand up and be counted wearing red to the ball in the last chapters showed Alistair that he did deserve her
The sub plot with Michael and Hester was good as well hopefully they will overcome all and be together

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book... could'nt put it down :), 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Seven Years to Sin (Historical series) (Kindle Edition)
Fab book, great storyline and characters I could'nt put it down!! Will be looking for similar books of hers :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy and romantic tale, 1 Oct. 2012
The first book I have read by Sylvia Day and I really enjoyed it. Set in the 1800's between England and Jamacia, the story is set around the story and love affair of Alistair and Jessica. They first meet when Jessica witnesses Alistair with another women. The romance blossoms 7 years later when they meet again and fall in love after they have both had some hard times in life. Filled with sexy scenes, good dialogue and a solid background plot, this book is well worth a read so give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Georgette Heyer with sex, 8 Dec. 2014
Liz F (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I loved this story. I found Jess and Alistair very engaging and was rooting for them throughout.The sexual chemistry between them was well written, romantic and erotic but not as graphic as in Day's Crossfire novels. The supporting characters were nicely developed and the sub plot added some extra interest.

Sylvia Day captures the atmosphere of aristocratic life in Georgian England well, with good attention to detail. Just one (major) error at the end which might have made the ending even better had it been avoided. I won't list it as it will spoil the plot.
None the less a brilliant, if undemanding, read

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 28 Feb. 2013
D. Harding - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Seven Years to Sin (Historical series) (Kindle Edition)
Not what I expected after reading reviews, very disappointed, not a patch on the Grey trilogy, took to about 54% of book before it even started to warm up. Lots and lots of words didn't understand, therefore had to keep using dictionary which was a nuisance. Story line was ok but nothing to write home about, all in all not impressed especially as I actually purchased this book, be warned don't waste your money.