Jess spent many happy years married to her husband before she became a widower but she never forgot the night that she saw Alistair locked in a passionate embrace with a married woman. She has mourned her husband for a year and is finally ready to face the world again and what better way to start than by travelling to Jamaica to visit the plantation she inherited. Alistair has a reputation as a ladies man and a rake but the one woman who he ever cared for was the one who was beyond his reach. But now Jess is travelling on one of his ships he sees it as the perfect opportunity to finish what they started all those years ago. He will do whatever it takes to bring Jess's passionate side to the surface.

As a massive fan of Sylvia Day's Bared to You series and a lover of historical romances I couldn't resist reading Seven Years to Sin. This is supposed to be the story that inspired Bared to You but I have to admit I didn't find as many similarities as I expected to. Even so I am happy to say that I absolutely loved Seven Years to Sin and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves erotic romance novels.

Jess is a great character and I loved the fact that she isn't a shy virgin or someone who had an unhappy marriage. Her arranged marriage with Benedict may not have been the most passionate but they both loved each other deeply and had a good life together before his death. Devastated as she was by his loss Jess is slowly rebuilding her life on her own, thankfully Benedict left her financially secure which gives her the freedom to do as she chooses, something she intends to make the most of by travelling. Before her marriage Jess had a very unhappy childhood at the hands of an abusive and controlling father and she won't risk ending up in a similar situation by being forced to marry again. For years memories of Alistair have haunted her and when he makes his move she finds him impossible to resist.

As the fourth son of an Earl Alistair has been allowed to live his life as he pleases, he spent his time building a successful business but also seduced more than his fair share of women. In spite of the fact that he is so successful he has always felt like a disappointment to his father and they have a very strained relationship. Alistair has been half in love with Jess for seven years and there is no way he is going to miss this chance of proving to her that they belong together. Although Alistair has a naughty streak a mile wide he is also incredibly sweet and caring when it comes to Jess, he will do anything to make her happy and he always puts her needs above his own. The couple have scorching hot chemistry that burns up the pages but they also have a deep emotional connection and I loved watching the way they both helped to heal each other.

I couldn't get enough of Seven Years to Sin and was sad to reach the end - I loved Jess and Alistair both individually and as a couple but I also loved the side story with Jess's sister Hester. As soon as I finished I wanted to turn back to the first page and start reading it all over again and I don't think it will be too long before I end up re-reading it (if you had any idea how rarely I re-read books then you'd understand what a high compliment that is!). I became a fan of Sylvia Day when I read Bared to You but this has just proved to me how much I love her writing style, she is able to create characters I am emotionally connected to and I always feel invested in their stories. I am now planning on working my way through her back list and can't wait to see what else she has in store for me! If you're looking for a raunchy and erotic historical romance then Seven Years to Sin is one I would highly recommend. Even if you don't usually pick up historical romances I'd still recommend this book - especially to fans of Bared to You.
on 30 July 2012
For all of you who are addicted to the 50 shades series and Christian Grey, this book keeps you hooked too!
I actually enjoyed this book to the max which was read after reading the trilogy.
Enjoy it Girls!
on 14 October 2012
Sylvia day has done it again, I read this book in a day, I just couldn't put it down. A true story of love and passion, the author truly does over shadow e l James's 50 shades. I have read 7 of her books in the last 3 weeks, and none of them have disappointed me. I read her crossfire series first and when I saw the historical novels I wasn't to sure weather I would like them, but have really enjoyed them, I have recommended them to family and friends and nearly all of them are reading them as well. All in all this's truly is a beautiful story, With love, passion and heart ache, you can't ask for any more. A must read x
on 11 September 2012
I read 50 Shades of Grey 3x in May.. I'm not normally a book reader but since started that (Just to see what all the hype was of course)I was hooked and enjoyed the style of book.. My husband brought me Bared to You by Sylvia Day and as far as I was concerned that totally blew 50 shades out of the water.. what with a better writing style.. sexier characters etc etc... so after also finding an author within this style of book I decided to delve more.. and despite have nearly all of Sylvia Day's books on order, this one arrived the other week.. 2 Days I read it in.. I loved this just as much as Bared to You..

Set in the 1800's Jessica witnesses a highly erotic sexual encounter with the "Hunk" of the era and another woman.. and it ignites her sexual desire.. she marries, is Barron and her husband unfortunately dies 7 years later.. she is left wealthy and decides to check on plantations in Jamaica.. Alistair "The Hunk" is the owner of the boat she travels on and little did Jessica know that Alistair has been in love with her since she witnessed him all those years ago..
Of course.. it happens and they fall deeply in love with each other.. but not without hurdles of course

I loved this book for the writing, for the characters, for the descriptions, I found it even more erotic because it was set in the 1800's where life was totally more reserved.

A very very good read
on 17 June 2013
I had just finished reading Entwined with you, and i didn't want it all to end so i decided to read one of my other Sylvia Day books i had bought ages ago and just left on my sideboard, well once i read a few pages i was hooked it wasn't quick to jump into the full blown sex scenes which i think enthralled me to read it even more with the wondering of whether Jess would allow Alistair to have her and for her open up to him, as he was willing to do so with her, i also liked that the story involved her sister in her own story which it all tied in very well, i was a little sad of not a complete happy ending as i would've liked but they were happy so it was acceptable. It was another book i didn't want to finish but it caught me up just as good as the Crossfire Trilogy i couldn't put it down again hence it only taking me two days to read, definitely worth following and reading all the books this Author has to offer, as i intended to do.
on 16 June 2014
Unfortunately I seem to be hit and miss with Miss Day's books
Now this one I loved when I started it I thought mmmh not sure I quite like jess but not sure of Alistair
But by the end of the book I really loved both characters and there story

Although Alistair's reputation was bad he overcame this and Jess was strong enough to stand up and be counted wearing red to the ball in the last chapters showed Alistair that he did deserve her
The sub plot with Michael and Hester was good as well hopefully they will overcome all and be together
on 6 March 2013
This was the first Historical Romance that I had read by Sylvia Day and I have read every single book of hers (in this genre) since!!

The book starts with Jess witnessing her 'Fantasy Man' Alistair in sexual congress with another lady, living up to his reputation 'with the ladies'. But something changed with Jess that night, when she and Alistair share a moment, awakening the sexual woman that Jess hides. She leaves and marries her fiance.
Seven years later; Jess is a widow, Alistair own plantations and a fleet of ships. Alistair has been harboring desire for Jess since their days as children, and finally has Jess to himself on one of his ships, en-route to Jamaica. He sees this as the perfect chance to finish what he started seven years prior, and bring her passion to the surface once more...

I had already been a fan of Sylvia Day having read the Crossfire Series, but seriously, this is worth a read. I was totally obssessed and have since re-read the entire series. I really could not get enough of this book and by the end had falled in love with Alistair myself! I was sad to reach the end. I would recommend this book to fans of Sylvia Day or Fifty Shades.
on 3 January 2013
I love the Crossfire novels so this was a no brainer for me to buy.
I did enjoy it but it didn't live up to my expectations.....however in fairness, they were really high because I loved Crossfire so much.

I enjoyed Seven Years... because the main female character isn't some wimpy girl but a strong woman who knows what she wants and isn't shy to ask for it when often in books set in this era, the woman is quite coy sexually whilst the man takes the dominant role.
The erotic element of the story is well written and detailed.

It just left me feeling a bit deflated when I got to the end but I'm not sure why. I think it's because I felt the book should have been longer with more exploration into how the characters interacted together on land once they reached thier destination away from London. It just felt rushed trowards the end and that's where it fell down for me however I would still recommend reading this book and it isn't stopping me from purchasing some of her other titles.
on 13 February 2013
I must start by saying I don't write many reviews, but with this book I was compelled to. I haven't even finished it yet, and already I'm certain that it's the best historical romance I have ever read (and I have read quite a few!)
The writing is very good, and the story captivating- you forget that you're reading as you're drawn into the past with Jessica and Alistair... as another reviewer said, it's refreshing to learn that the heroine's marriage was not an unhappy one and she was not an innocent virgin when getting together with Alistair, as so often happens in this genre of book.
I will definitely be reading other works by Sylvia Day (this is the first of her books I have read...) although I am slightly worried that I won't enjoy them as much as this one, given that this is my preferred genre!
All in all five stars, highly recommended!
on 30 September 2013
At first I was unsure about this book. I have read all the crossfire books by silvia day and loved them. This book was a period romance and I found it hard to get into the first chapter, never the less I was hooked by chapter 4/5. I found it very hard to put down read almost the whole book in one Sunday. Needless to say I went to work on Monday morning with sore burning eyes. Well worth it though I love silvia day books so far and have just ordered another book of hers called stranger I married but think I will start reading after a good nights sleep as if its addictive as all rest I have read of hers my eyes will need a rest first ! If you enjoyed the crossfire series and want to read more of her books this is a must read. Don't be put off at the start it does take a few chapters before you become hooked like I did :)