on 18 January 2014
I originally bought these from 521Cart, but the ones I received were obvious fakes: look out for spelling mistakes on the box, the box not being as per the web pictures, the phones being plastic bodied rather than metal, and the sound being weak.
I sent them back to Amazon (never heard anything about their investigations) and got genuine ones at the same price from another Amazon supplier - though I did worry that they might have turned up the same!

So, now for a review. The phones are comfortable and the sound is pretty good - not the best I've heard (my bassy old Exspect EX882s were better than any!), but not the worst. There's a lack of punch in the bass, but overall the sound is clear and balanced.
The sound isolation is very good - I've tried noise cancelling ones before and there's nothing to choose between them. However, there is sound transfer when the cable taps against you when moving: there's no strain-relief on the phones or plug end, which would help. The lack of strain relief (the bendy bit of rubber the cable comes out of) makes me wonder how long these will last.
The controller/mic works well (play/pause/next/previous and volume control), but feels a bit far up the cable; right under your chin. The flat "tangle-free" cable has a grabby texture and can catch a bit on clothing.
The conclusion: I got them to use with my HTC phone so I could control it in my pocket, and they do what I need; the sound is nice; the build quality is OK and they were cheap. Easily recommended, but the Exspects were far better.
on 27 November 2013
The Samsung earphones supplied with my Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3 both had terrible sound quality and the volume controls on my better sounding Sony iPhone compatible earphones wouldn't work.

I bought the HTC earphones hoping their controls would work with other Android phones and the sound quality would be better than the Samsung earphones.

I'm please to report that the controls work perfectly and the sound quality is excellent - they're a bargain for £12.
on 30 November 2013
I RECEIVED A FAKE SET OF EARPHONES. CONFIRMED BY MY LOCAL HTC STORE. I COULD TELL ANYWAY BY THE SPELLING MISTAKES (OBVIOUS ONES TOO, SUND INSTEAD OF SOUND - REALLY?) AND ABSOLUTELY ATERRIBLE SOUND QUALITY. AND FROM AN 'FBA' SELLER? JUST TERRIBLE. HAS CAUSED ME TO LOSE TRUST IN AMAZON. SO A WORD OF WARNING, LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR THESE HEADPHONES AND DONT GO BY THE REVIEWS LIKE I DID, THEY PROBABLY RECEIVED GENUINE ITEMS.

HTC RC E240 Wired Headset with Flat Tangle Free Cable - Black
on 11 September 2013
Handle a range of frequency's like a dream, and compliment the HTC One better than the headphones they ship with, as these have volume and function control. Good price and swift shipping - Cheers!
on 21 April 2014
Unbelievably resilient. Most headsets have a 3month lifespan with me, these have lasted over a year (maybe thanks to the flat cable?)
on 7 April 2013
Have struggled to find good quality in-ear head phones (i like a deep bass sound) that fit my ears and have a full set of working controls to work with my HTC One. The large size bugs are a perfect fit and they deliver a rich bass sound. The standard in-line controls (2 clicks for forward, 3 for back, volume up and down) and mic for call work easily. Add the fact that the lead is a flat no tangle one and I'd struggle to find anything really negative to say about them.

For the money, I can not recommend these highly enough.
on 24 October 2014
My favorite pair of headphones from a phone manufacturer ... the sound quality was so much better than expected.. i lost my HTC one earphones that came with the phone so decided to replace it with these. and I was very impressed, the isolation is really good... the build quality and mic quality seem good, it has nice kicking bass for my R&B, house, hip hop music, and pretty decent mid and highs. Defo would recommend.
on 15 August 2014
I use these with my HTC one m7 with beats audio off and no eq. I actually prefer the sound to my sennheiser ie8's. They can control the volume too. This is the first phone/headphone combination to make amazon mp3 downloads sound very listenable. I am now buying another pair for my laptop. The only downside is they do transmit noise if you move about a lot. Other than that, a surprisingly clear well balanced sound.
on 7 April 2014
I like these headphones. I had a previous pair I left on a bus. So these are just a replacement. I actually use them on a Samsung G3 and the remote works perfectly as I would expect it will with any android phone. The sound quality of these speakers are very good for standard phone headphones, they fit the ear well and that flat cables make untangling of cables a thing of the past. Great value for money.
on 30 December 2013
Yes, I know headphones are supposed to carry sound to your ear. But it is supposed to be the sound in the audio track, not booming vibrations from the cable bouncing against your body during a run, or against your coat as you walk to the train station.

Unfortunately that doesn't appear to be an issue with the speakers, or the cable quality, or the controls, or anything like that -- all of those are fine. It's the simple physics of flat cables, I think. They just carry those vibrations very effectively. So effectively, the inner-ear booming from the cable bouncing against your body forces you to turn the music up more than you'd like, to cover it. More annoying than the tangled cable I now don't have to deal with (as much -- they do still tangle a bit).

Can't return them, as it's not a fault as such. And I do need the HTC One controls. But if you don't need that, I'd get regular, tangle-friendly ear/head-phones, if I were you.

On the up-side, I am sure they were the genuine article, unlike the items some reviewers seem to have got from past vendors.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse