4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for movies & sound, one or two small bugs
Published 18 months ago by Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great.
I looked at the price and the product memory capacity and thought yeah ok. Got the product and found it to be less than basic and not capable of uploading or creating a playlist. Moody touch screen. Maybe a gift for a child not recommended otherwise.
Published 15 months ago by j coulter

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for movies & sound, one or two small bugs, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: EvoDigitals Silver 32GB (16GB + 16GB) 4.3" Touch Screen MP3 MP4 MP5 Player With TV OUT Equaliser - Videos | Music | Pictures | Ebooks | + More! (Electronics)
There are many things I love about this mp3 player. Firstly, there is a LOT of memory for the price, compared to more famous brands. Movies look brilliant on the HD screen & will keep little ones amused on long journeys (it keeps ME amused on long journeys). The screen size is nice, which means you can actually sit through a film without going cross-eyed & fits perfectly in my hand. The sound quality is very good & the inbuilt loud speaker provides sufficient volume that I have not needed to attach an external booster.

However, are one or two issues that I note reviewers of the 16Gb same mp3 model raised. Firstly, I cannot get a radio reception; I have tried in different locations & at different times of the day, all I get is static. The screen sensitivity seems to be erratic; for example, I will have to press firmly to select my application option (music, video, eBook etc). However, when scrolling down a list it seems so sensitive, it jumps into a file when I am still trying to scroll down. In an effort to reduce this, I have cannibalised my DS stylus, which has a smaller point than the one provided. These can be bought cheaply from almost anywhere. Lastly, the pouch supplied was too flimsy for me. I was worried the screen might crack if I left it in my bag & due to the unusual size of the device, I have struggled to get a thicker 'sock' to cover the whole screen.

The sellers have been very helpful for me, as I had a few teething problems when I first purchased the device. These were my errors, not a failing in the product. Overall, I give this 4 out of 5 stars & would recommend this to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mp3 and video player, 29 April 2014
I must admit I had reservations about buying this product but I'm glad I did it. My previous player was a Creative Zen-MX 16Gb with and SD expansion slot. It dies on me after 5 years so I guess I got my 60 worth. I just wanted a straightforward MP3 player but had a hell of a job finding one that didn't charge me an extra 100 for a camera and Wi-Fi that I don't want. All the basic ones were around 90+ and were 16Gb with no expansion possible. Anything with 32Gb was a bout 250 which I can't justify just to play MP3s.

Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this was delivered. Ordered at the weekend, despatched Monday, arrived Tuesday 1st class post even thought I was expecting 2nd class. First impressions? Solid looking job that seemed well made. Comes with a USB cable, mains charger, drawstring cover, stylus (unexpected) and a brand new Kingston 19Gb micro SD card & Sd adaptor still in the Kingston wrapping. Also a note from EvoDigitals with an email address saying please ring us if you have any problems or queries. Can't complain at that.

A short note on the instruction booklet: The only bit that seemed to fit my interface was the picture of the main menu screen. everything else was the previous interface which is also the one shown on their YouTube ad but to be honest it's so intuitive that you don't really need it.

Inserted the micro SD card. Take care with this as the instruction book tell you to put it in the wrong way up. Just a minor beef. Worked fine. Shoved the USB cable into the player and put the other end into a MacBook Pro USB socket. Finder found both 'disks' straight away. Transferring files from my iTunes folder (not using iTunes, just drag and drop from the relevant folder) was a doddle. I recooend you give some thought to the structure on your players disk if you have lots of files. I set up A,B,C...Z folders under music and then the artist name under that and then a folder for each album. You don't have to do this but I have lots of files.

The player gives you access by all music, artist, album. If you select by artist, it gives you every track for that artist alphabetically which is fine if you lust want everything by that artist (this is something my old Zen couldn't do). I tend to use the file manager fucntion and then scroll down by alpha, by artist, by album.

I've loaded mpeg, mv4 and avi files onto the player and it plays them all. Video reproduction is excellent. Good size screen that is nice and crisp and clear. No complaints.

I read complaints in the reviews on here about the touch screen. I don't have an iPhone or the like so I'm not spoilt by that comparison, but I found it absolutely fine both with the supplied stylus and my chubby fingers. One niggle (and it's a small one) is that you can't really use the side scroll bar because it's so small but you don't actually have to use the touch screen at all to move around as the button on the top side of the player double as navigation buttons.

One tip - don't expect a decent pair of earphones at this price. To be fair even the one's that came with the Zen were rubbish. Thes ones supplied look cool (iPod copy) but are tinny as hell. I has a set of comparatively cheap Panasonics and the difference is remarkable. The sound reproduction on this player is excellent with the right 'phones.

Be prepared to experiment to get the feel of the interface, ignore the superfluous game icons and the Chinese language dictionaries (unless you speak Chinese). I haven't found a way to remove them so I think they're built into the firmware but who cares? The dictating machine seems to work (don't need it), radio is irrelevant (my old Zen never found a station either), games are so what.

If you want an expandable MP3 player that also plays videos and you don't want all the frills that you pay through the nose for on an iPod then go for it. All in all, it was a damn good buy and it cost 15 less than the last one I bought 5 years ago and has more features on it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 11 May 2013
T. LAKE (UK) - See all my reviews
It's a good device for the money, although there are a few quirks with it:

1 - The touch screen is rubbish

2 - The Shuffle function isn't the greatest although it's a million times better than my old Creative Zen X-Fi 2! It's a little annoying that with 16 gig of music on, every time it's powered up I'll always end up having to skip a few tracks that it seems to pick every damn time! Frustrating!

3 - Don't be drawn in by the 16 and 16... Yes, it comes with a 16 gig SD card but you can't just plop music onto it and lump it in with the inbuilt flash memory. Any decent firmware should be able to handle this really.

However, I have to raise the good points too!

1 - The sound is good quality, for something that costs so little.

2 - The screen itself is clear

3 - It's relatively fast in starting up / shutting down

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great., 5 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars an item for all occassions, 1 April 2013
slight charging problem at start but renewed within short period of time very good coverage of all types of media brilliant sound works even without my synhausers brill product but manual for a 75yr old pretty vague but now with trial and error can easily cope. seller well recommended