4.0 out of 5 stars A bright star in the darkness
I had coveted this calendar clock for some time before taking the plunge to buy it, bearing in mind it is not cheap. Ever since my early twenties I used to wake up thinking "what day is it??" (not every day!) and when I saw this on Amazon I knew it was for me.
Published 17 months ago by Sheel

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but expensive
Looked at various clocks for 83 year old father in law who has dementia, but this one seemed to get decent reviews.

Delivery was very prompt.

Published 18 months ago by Davey Boy

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but expensive, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Dayclox International Digital Calendar Day Clock (Electronics)

Delivery was very prompt.

The clock itself is quite expensive and is cheap looking and plasticky for the price. I suspect that because it is primarily for a medical need that the price gets jacked up accordingly. Has to be connected to the mains. Others have commented on the cable length which can restrict the position where it is installed. We wanted to wall mount the clock as this was safer than leaving it free standing.

Clock came already set with correct date and time so that we have not used the Menu system which the instructions state can take some patience to use. The display of the day of the week which was the main reason for buying was the clearest and simplest of all the models we looked at. However, both my wife and myself thought the actual display of numbers and letters were slightly blurred. This was looking at the clock from a variety of distances and angles. However, the father in law thought it was O.K. and so we decided to let it be and not return it as faulty.

One tip is that the clock comes with a variety of adapters so that you can plug it into the mains in different countries. We removed these prior to handing over as they would only confuse the father in law. Also, either keep or take a copy of the instructions for yourselves as we know from past expereience that these would soon get lost by him.

2.0 out of 5 stars too bright at night, 6 July 2013
This is expensive but it does do everything it says. I though it would be just perfect for my elderly mother but it became very very frustrating for both of us. This is because it is sooo bright and this cannot be adjusted. Consequently my mother kept switching it off at night. She would turn it off at the socket and then forget what the object on the wall was for. mum couldn't get the hang of having to turn it on at the wall and also to turn it on at the back of the clock, consequently it would only be switched on during the time of my visit and then it would be off again in the evening.
This was just all too much for mum to deal with, so i had to get rid of it and for a lot less than I paid for it. I also found that it was not very accurate and i couldn't fine tune it. Mum now uses a battery operated clock that has no light and only shows the day of the week and she gets on with it just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bright star in the darkness, 27 Jan 2013
On the plus side, it is clear and highly visible from any point in the room. Easy to set up (you won't need an 8-year old for this) and went to the right time and date immediately - brilliant. On the minus side (and it's a very small minus, but worth commenting on), it's VERY BRIGHT AT NIGHT! Too much for me so I found a piece of thin black plastic bin liner, cut it to fit over the screen. and now it gives out just the right kind of light at night. It's works for me, but at nearly 80 it should have a dimmer button to adjust the brightness. Other than that, I can't fault it and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars digital calender clock, 29 Nov 2012
Mr. S. J. Watson (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for my 94 year old mother who cant remember what day it was she likes it very much

5.0 out of 5 stars 24 hr clock does it's job well, 14 Mar 2014
Bought for elderly parents getting confused over date/time etc.Came the day after ordering!Does it's job well.Just unpack and switch on.Doesnt need resetting if switched off.Bright, clear screen does the trick.Would buy more but they are expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Rate, 6 Mar 2014
Excellent item. Bought for someone with dementia and now allows them to know what day it is, very clearly, and time, month, year. Highly recommended for anyone who gets confused. Aids independence and greatly appreciated by user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Feb 2014
Bought this for my father in law shoe as vascular dementia, he is very pleased with it,, just what we needed for him highly recommend, very bright and clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable aid., 23 Feb 2014
Easy to set up. Very clear display. My 94year old mother now feels back in control of her life simply knowing what day it is, which is important for her appointments and her medication. Well made and worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 Mar 2014
Bought for my 90 year old mother who has difficulty remembering what day it is. She is delighted with the very clear day displayed on the clock and I just wish I had bought it for her years ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars clock for people that are forgetfull, 4 Mar 2014
bought a bit expensive but if it helps with dementia or forgetfulnes so all well at the moment thanks up and running